Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s the announcement?

(02-25-2018, 12:15 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: This was on PFT I guess the Jaguars posted it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-bortles/

I noticed 2 things with the article "They knew they would need to sell the extension" and they asked 3 older more veteran players. Ones that know better than to say the wrong thing. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Jalen got the news.
All 3 of those guys were talking in favor of Bortles all year as were others in the locker room. I didn't take Florios comment about selling the extension as to the locker room but as more selling it to the media.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-25-2018, 03:42 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That falls on the coaches not the QB, if they are all in this together like they say, they need to give Bortles a chance to win a game

Why not face reality? Bortles has been given ample time and opportunity to distinguish himself as a top-notch NFL pro.

EXHIBIT 1:

Jaguars' final drive in the AFC Title game v. New England

1st and 10 at JAX 25
(2:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short middle to M.Lee to JAX 33 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
2nd and 2 at JAX 33
(2:19 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Bortles pass deep left to D.Westbrook pushed ob at NE 38 for 29 yards (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].
1st and 10 at NE 38
(2:12 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep left to L.Fournette.
2nd and 10 at NE 38
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles sacked at NE 45 for -7 yards (K.Van Noy). FUMBLES (K.Van Noy) [J.Harrison], recovered by JAX-C.Robinson at NE 47. C.Robinson to NE 47 for no gain (T.Flowers).
(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
3rd and 19 at NE 47
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short right to J.O'Shaughnessy pushed ob at NE 43 for 4 yards (E.Rowe).
4th and 15 at NE 43
(1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep right to D.Westbrook (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].

Not a single rushing play on this drive. Bortles was 1 for 4 on deep throws on this drive. The sack counts as a incomplete deep throw by my standards.

Blake Bortles was handed the football with two minutes and forty-eight seconds left and he choked. Bortles lost the AFC title game.

Are you that clueless? 

The proceeding four series all started with a run up the middle by Fournette. It was also challenging to complete a pass when the refs allowed the Pats DBs to ride piggyback on the Jags receivers.

You only show the last desperation series, where NE knew the Jags had to pass. 

In spite of being in desperation, Bortles completed his first two passes and moved the ball 37 yards downfield in the process.

The third pass was a deep ball dead on target. Fournette dropped his hands rather than catch the pass. Are you blaming Bortles for the receiver failing to even try and catch the ball? If Fournette catches that pass it's a TD, Bortles wins game MVP, and the Jags are in the Superbowl with Bortles at QB.

The fourth play of the drive was a sack. Bortles had no time. Unlike Todd Wash, the Pats actually blitzed in the fourth quarter.

Next, 3rd and 19. That's a hell of a way to set up a QB for success. Bortles completes the pass but only for short yardage. Not a lot of time to get a throw off as again the Pats blitzed.

Fourth and 15. A deep pass was slightly underthrown. That one was mostly Bortles, the only mistake he made in six plays. A more physical receiver (like ARob) might have caught it anyway.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Some of you are still harping on the Pats game?

Look. Broncos beat the Pats in 2015 by getting a lead and just grinding it out. That’s what the Jags tried to do and it didn’t work. Time to move on.

Blake is back. Love it.

Let’s bring ARob back and sign Trey Burton. Continue drafting well (Caldwell deserves a ton of credit) and lets get the AFC South crown again.

(02-25-2018, 05:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Some of you are still harping on the Pats game?

Look. Broncos beat the Pats in 2015 by getting a lead and just grinding it out. That’s what the Jags tried to do and it didn’t work. Time to move on.

Blake is back. Love it.

Let’s bring ARob back and sign Trey Burton. Continue drafting well (Caldwell deserves a ton of credit) and lets get the AFC South crown again.

A lot of people seemed to forget that before ARob got hurt, he and Bortles were not on the same page at all. There were many times when ARob was visibly angry at Bortles. Signing Bortles to an extension may not be the route Robinson wanted. He may not want to be here and if he doesn't, do you really want to force him to come back by tagging him? I'm just saying, they didn't seem on the best of terms.

(02-25-2018, 06:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 05:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Some of you are still harping on the Pats game?

Blake is back. Love it.

A lot of people seemed to forget that before ARob got hurt, he and Bortles were not on the same page at all. There were many times when ARob was visibly angry at Bortles. Signing Bortles to an extension may not be the route Robinson wanted. He may not want to be here and if he doesn't, do you really want to force him to come back by tagging him? I'm just saying, they didn't seem on the best of terms.
Winning cures everything. I bet if ARob were healthy for this season, he would be all for Blake. He could be all for Blake right now but no one knows.

I know the clip you’re talking about and you can’t take that one thing and assume he doesn’t want Blake as his QB. Blake was the QB when ARob had his best season.

(02-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 06:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A lot of people seemed to forget that before ARob got hurt, he and Bortles were not on the same page at all. There were many times when ARob was visibly angry at Bortles. Signing Bortles to an extension may not be the route Robinson wanted. He may not want to be here and if he doesn't, do you really want to force him to come back by tagging him? I'm just saying, they didn't seem on the best of terms.
Winning cures everything. I bet if ARob were healthy for this season, he would be all for Blake. He could be all for Blake right now but no one knows.

I know the clip you’re talking about and you can’t take that one thing and assume he doesn’t want Blake as his QB. Blake was the QB when ARob had his best season.

It is all speculation, but if I know if don't like someone, there's no amount of money or winning that will make me want to be around that person. Winning doesn't always cure everything. That is wishful thinking. With that said, maybe the two have buried the hatchet and we can move along harmoniously, but if they haven't, well..........

(02-25-2018, 08:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Winning cures everything. I bet if ARob were healthy for this season, he would be all for Blake. He could be all for Blake right now but no one knows.

It is all speculation, but if I know if don't like someone, there's no amount of money or winning that will make me want to be around that person. Winning doesn't always cure everything.

That there is loser talk.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Winning cures everything. I bet if ARob were healthy for this season, he would be all for Blake. He could be all for Blake right now but no one knows.

It is all speculation, but if I know if don't like someone, there's no amount of money or winning that will make me want to be around that person. Winning doesn't always cure everything. That is wishful thinking. With that said, maybe the two have buried the hatchet and we can move along harmoniously, but if they haven't, well..........
If you were getting paid millions I’m sure you would change your tune. Shaq and Kobe did it. Lebron and Kyrie. I doubt Moss and Brady were best friends but they did their job.

In the NFL, winning and money cure just about everything. Look what happened with Blake. He wins 10 games and then gets an extension.
Before that? He was just about out the door.

(02-25-2018, 06:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Blake is back. Love it.

I'm curious how you know if they were on the same page last year?  Robinson played one play.  Bortles wasn't on the same page with anybody in 2016.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I know the clip you’re talking about and you can’t take that one thing II and assume he doesn’t want Blake as his QB. Blake was the QB when ARob had his best season.

I think you'd be surprised to learn that NFL teams aren't just 55 men who all love and cherish each others company.  Think of any team/work place you've been in. Did you like everyone ? Nah. Did it matter? Not really.

And besides, where is this mythical hatchet they have to bury? All because Arob cursed after a bad throw in preseason? Please.

Hasnt Arob and Ramsey been liking tweets about cousins and Lamar Jackson atleast i thought they have. Doesn't mean they hate bortles but who knows
No Fun

(02-25-2018, 12:28 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awww, did you break your AJ McCarron action figure?

Not at all. McCarron is available and the Jaguars' system is the perfect fit.

With Bortles, all the talk is building the offense around him. 

But that's been done already. It didn't work then. What makes some Jaguars' fans believe it will work this time?

Who can forget dumping 'over the hill' Maurice Jones, Drew, and loading up with the likes of Ace Sanders, Denard Robinson, Marquise Lee, Alan Robinson, Brandon Linder, Luke Bowanko, Zane Beadles, Toby Gerhart, Julius Thomas, and Stefen Wisniewski?

The Jaguars' run for a championship is about done. The sad part is the window isn't closing, it's being bricked over.

If Bortles has a cap-friendly contract, trade him now. He's worth a third rounder.

Work this time?

We just lost the Patriots in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Game, so it worked LAST time, and without the team's best player on the field all year.

You really have discount what this team accomplished in 2017 to reach the perspective you post. You're either mentally challenged or a troll.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-27-2018, 08:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:28 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Not at all. McCarron is available and the Jaguars' system is the perfect fit.

With Bortles, all the talk is building the offense around him. 

But that's been done already. It didn't work then. What makes some Jaguars' fans believe it will work this time?

Who can forget dumping 'over the hill' Maurice Jones, Drew, and loading up with the likes of Ace Sanders, Denard Robinson, Marquise Lee, Alan Robinson, Brandon Linder, Luke Bowanko, Zane Beadles, Toby Gerhart, Julius Thomas, and Stefen Wisniewski?

The Jaguars' run for a championship is about done. The sad part is the window isn't closing, it's being bricked over.

If Bortles has a cap-friendly contract, trade him now. He's worth a third rounder.

Work this time?

We just lost the Patriots in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Game, so it worked LAST time, and without the team's best player on the field all year.

You really have discount what this team accomplished in 2017 to reach the perspective you post. You're either mentally challenged or a troll.
Best offensive player.

(03-02-2018, 07:09 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Work this time?

Best offensive player.

Debatable, but I'll accept your point.