Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s the announcement?

Extension for Blake eh?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2018, 07:35 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Sounds like it’s going to be an extension for Blake, which I’m perfectly fine with.  He earned it.

Yup.  The meltdown is coming.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-24-2018, 11:07 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 07:35 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Sounds like it’s going to be an extension for Blake, which I’m perfectly fine with.  He earned it.

Yup.  The meltdown is coming.

I'm sure the team will be fine with Bortles STILL gracing the locker room with his presence. Certain players have learned not to voice their displeasure with the erratic quarterback situation. That's really frowned upon.

Of course, the other team does like to have a long-term contract already ironed out prior to entering serious trade negotiations. It's like putting a sticker in the window of a car on the sales lot. The buyer knows the price. Not having to make a trade THEN negotiate a contract makes a trade even more attractive than before.

At least now the uncertainty whether or not the Jaguars can move Bortles is somewhat less murky.

Now if Bortles' defenders can forward the name of a single NFL franchise interested in obtaining the services of Blake Bortles....

Let that sink in for a while.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 10:17 AM by MoJagFan.)

Well this is what you get with an extended front office.  They are all tied together.  I hope the guy works hard and improves his game or else we are going nowhere but flat.  And I really hope the coaching staff learns to take games instead of playing it so darn safe.

Edit:
Well my comment is a tad off overall but let's go Jags.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-25-2018, 08:18 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 11:07 PM)FBT Wrote: Yup.  The meltdown is coming.

I'm sure the team will be fine with Bortles STILL gracing the locker room with his presence. Certain players have learned not to voice their displeasure with the erratic quarterback situation. That's really frowned upon.

Of course, the other team does like to have a long-term contract already ironed out prior to entering serious trade negotiations. It's like putting a sticker in the window of a car on the sales lot. The buyer knows the price. Not having to make a trade THEN negotiate a contract makes a trade even more attractive than before.

At least now the uncertainty whether or not the Jaguars can move Bortles is somewhat less murky.

Now if Bortles' defenders can forward the name of a single NFL franchise interested in obtaining the services of Blake Bortles....

Awww, did you break your AJ McCarron action figure?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-25-2018, 08:18 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 11:07 PM)FBT Wrote: Yup.  The meltdown is coming.

I follow all of our players on social and it's pretty jarring how silent they have been. I am still waiting to see some likes and retweets of the news from the big names. It's been pretty silent on ig and Twitter. No congrats or nothing. As for me, I'm still a little stunned. There's is no doubt he showed some improvement this year but there's also no doubt they were clearly scared to let him drive in several games. Sorry but I just don't see that it factor in him. I know they probably did this early to show him they're all in and hopefully motivate him to work that much harder this off season. The good thing is, they can now draft a guy early without creating a controversy and causing Blake to play in fear. As a fan I just hope it all works.

(02-25-2018, 11:57 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:18 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I'm sure the team will be fine with Bortles STILL gracing the locker room with his presence. Certain players have learned not to voice their displeasure with the erratic quarterback situation. That's really frowned upon.

I follow all of our players on social and it's pretty jarring how silent they have been. I am still waiting to see some likes and retweets of the news from the big names. It's been pretty silent on ig and Twitter. No congrats or nothing. As for me, I'm still a little stunned. There's is no doubt he showed some improvement this year but there's also no doubt they were clearly scared to let him drive in several games. Sorry but I just don't see that it factor in him. I know they probably did this early to show him they're all in and hopefully motivate him to work that much harder this off season. The good thing is, they can now draft a guy early without creating a controversy and causing Blake to play in fear. As a fan I just hope it all works.
That falls on the coaches not the QB, if they are all in this together like they say, they need to give Bortles a chance to win a game

(02-25-2018, 11:57 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:18 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I'm sure the team will be fine with Bortles STILL gracing the locker room with his presence. Certain players have learned not to voice their displeasure with the erratic quarterback situation. That's really frowned upon.

This was on PFT I guess the Jaguars posted it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-bortles/
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(02-25-2018, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:57 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I follow all of our players on social and it's pretty jarring how silent they have been. I am still waiting to see some likes and retweets of the news from the big names. It's been pretty silent on ig and Twitter. No congrats or nothing. As for me, I'm still a little stunned. There's is no doubt he showed some improvement this year but there's also no doubt they were clearly scared to let him drive in several games. Sorry but I just don't see that it factor in him. I know they probably did this early to show him they're all in and hopefully motivate him to work that much harder this off season. The good thing is, they can now draft a guy early without creating a controversy and causing Blake to play in fear. As a fan I just hope it all works.
That falls on the coaches not the QB, if they are all in this together like they say, they need to give Bortles a chance to win a game

You are correct that it's coaching. What coach would put the game in the hands of a guy they didn't believe in. They might have figured that was Gus mistake and they weren't gonna repeat it. It actually finally gave us a winning season and many believed he should've been coach of the year.

This was on PFT I guess the Jaguars posted it.

I noticed 2 things with the article "They knew they would need to sell the extension" and they asked 3 older more veteran players. Ones that know better than to say the wrong thing. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Jalen got the news.

(02-25-2018, 11:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Awww, did you break your AJ McCarron action figure?

Not at all. McCarron is available and the Jaguars' system is the perfect fit.

With Bortles, all the talk is building the offense around him. 

But that's been done already. It didn't work then. What makes some Jaguars' fans believe it will work this time?

Who can forget dumping 'over the hill' Maurice Jones, Drew, and loading up with the likes of Ace Sanders, Denard Robinson, Marquise Lee, Alan Robinson, Brandon Linder, Luke Bowanko, Zane Beadles, Toby Gerhart, Julius Thomas, and Stefen Wisniewski?

The Jaguars' run for a championship is about done. The sad part is the window isn't closing, it's being bricked over.

If Bortles has a cap-friendly contract, trade him now. He's worth a third rounder.

(02-25-2018, 12:08 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That falls on the coaches not the QB, if they are all in this together like they say, they need to give Bortles a chance to win a game

You are correct that it's coaching. What coach would put the game in the hands of a guy they didn't believe in. They might have figured that was Gus mistake and they weren't gonna repeat it. It actually finally gave us a winning season and many believed he should've been coach of the year.

My point is they say they are all in this together (Tom, Dave, and Doug) they just resigned him to an extension so they must believe in him to an extent.  So you have to give Blake a chance when the game is on the line or you will never know.  The coaches messed up in the championship game not giving Blake a chance, the same game he just set a personal career high in 14 straight completions.  Blake was our best player that game, and if Ramsey is upset about this he needs to look at his defense because they are the other reason we didnt make it to the SB

I saw improvement in BB5 this past season and there's no reason to believe he can't make similar strides this year, as well.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Pretty much expected by me....and with the wrist cleaned up, the team intact from last season 
and growing together as a team.....
Next season should be fun to watch as the Jaguars take their place in the NFL as someone to be reckoned with.
Besides.....now Dave/Tom/Gus can find us a TE, some receivers and a 2nd quarterback in the draft that can be developmental.

Congrats Blake.....and Thanks for the 2017 season!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(02-25-2018, 12:15 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: This was on PFT I guess the Jaguars posted it.

I noticed 2 things with the article "They knew they would need to sell the extension" and they asked 3 older more veteran players. Ones that know better than to say the wrong thing. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Jalen got the news.

Let the mutiny begin!

(02-25-2018, 12:28 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awww, did you break your AJ McCarron action figure?

Not at all. McCarron is available and the Jaguars' system is the perfect fit.

With Bortles, all the talk is building the offense around him. 

But that's been done already. It didn't work then. What makes some Jaguars' fans believe it will work this time?

Who can forget dumping 'over the hill' Maurice Jones, Drew, and loading up with the likes of Ace Sanders, Denard Robinson, Marquise Lee, Alan Robinson, Brandon Linder, Luke Bowanko, Zane Beadles, Toby Gerhart, Julius Thomas, and Stefen Wisniewski?

The Jaguars' run for a championship is about done. The sad part is the window isn't closing, it's being bricked over.

If Bortles has a cap-friendly contract, trade him now. He's worth a third rounder.

This has to be one of the funniest cries for help on this board ever.  The window is closed on a young team?  Seriously go unwad your panties and give that AJ dol a hug.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-25-2018, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:08 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: You are correct that it's coaching. What coach would put the game in the hands of a guy they didn't believe in. They might have figured that was Gus mistake and they weren't gonna repeat it. It actually finally gave us a winning season and many believed he should've been coach of the year.

My point is they say they are all in this together (Tom, Dave, and Doug) they just resigned him to an extension so they must believe in him to an extent.  So you have to give Blake a chance when the game is on the line or you will never know.  The coaches messed up in the championship game not giving Blake a chance, the same game he just set a personal career high in 14 straight completions.  Blake was our best player that game, and if Ramsey is upset about this he needs to look at his defense because they are the other reason we didnt make it to the SB
The coaches messed up in the championship game by not giving Blake a chance when the game is on the line?

Let's take a look at the last drive of the AFC Title Game:

1st and 10 at JAX 25
(2:48 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass short middle to M.Lee to JAX 33 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
2nd and 2 at JAX 33
(2:19 - 4th) (No Huddle, SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass deep left to D.Westbrook pushed ob at NE 38 for 29 yards (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].
1st and 10 at NE 38
(2:12 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep left to L.Fournette.
2nd and 10 at NE 38
(2:00 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles sacked at NE 45 for -7 yards (K.Van Noy). FUMBLES (K.Van Noy) [J.Harrison], recovered by JAX-C.Robinson at NE 47. C.Robinson to NE 47 for no gain (T.Flowers).
(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
3rd and 19 at NE 47
(2:00 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass short right to J.O'Shaughnessy pushed ob at NE 43 for 4 yards (E.Rowe).
4th and 15 at NE 43
(1:47 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep right to D.Westbrook (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].

The game was entirely in Blake Bortles' hands. Bortles choked.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 03:44 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017. Edit Reason: Added bold face font and underlined down and distance. )

(02-25-2018, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:57 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I follow all of our players on social and it's pretty jarring how silent they have been. I am still waiting to see some likes and retweets of the news from the big names. It's been pretty silent on ig and Twitter. No congrats or nothing. As for me, I'm still a little stunned. There's is no doubt he showed some improvement this year but there's also no doubt they were clearly scared to let him drive in several games. Sorry but I just don't see that it factor in him. I know they probably did this early to show him they're all in and hopefully motivate him to work that much harder this off season. The good thing is, they can now draft a guy early without creating a controversy and causing Blake to play in fear. As a fan I just hope it all works.

Why not face reality? Bortles has been given ample time and opportunity to distinguish himself as a top-notch NFL pro.

EXHIBIT 1:

Jaguars' final drive in the AFC Title game v. New England

1st and 10 at JAX 25
(2:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short middle to M.Lee to JAX 33 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
2nd and 2 at JAX 33
(2:19 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Bortles pass deep left to D.Westbrook pushed ob at NE 38 for 29 yards (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].
1st and 10 at NE 38
(2:12 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep left to L.Fournette.
2nd and 10 at NE 38
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles sacked at NE 45 for -7 yards (K.Van Noy). FUMBLES (K.Van Noy) [J.Harrison], recovered by JAX-C.Robinson at NE 47. C.Robinson to NE 47 for no gain (T.Flowers).
3rd and 19 at NE 47
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short right to J.O'Shaughnessy pushed ob at NE 43 for 4 yards (E.Rowe).
4th and 15 at NE 43
(1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep right to D.Westbrook (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].

Not a single rushing play on this drive. Bortles was 1 for 4 on deep throws on this drive. The sack counts as a incomplete deep throw by my standards.

Blake Bortles was handed the football with two minutes and forty-eight seconds left and he choked. Bortles lost the AFC title game.

Your momma still thinks she raised an idiot.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 04:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-25-2018, 03:14 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My point is they say they are all in this together (Tom, Dave, and Doug) they just resigned him to an extension so they must believe in him to an extent.  So you have to give Blake a chance when the game is on the line or you will never know.  The coaches messed up in the championship game not giving Blake a chance, the same game he just set a personal career high in 14 straight completions.  Blake was our best player that game, and if Ramsey is upset about this he needs to look at his defense because they are the other reason we didnt make it to the SB
The coaches messed up in the championship game by not giving Blake a chance when the game is on the line?

Let's take a look at the last drive of the AFC Title Game:

1st and 10 at JAX 25
(2:48 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass short middle to M.Lee to JAX 33 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
2nd and 2 at JAX 33
(2:19 - 4th) (No Huddle, SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass deep left to D.Westbrook pushed ob at NE 38 for 29 yards (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].
1st and 10 at NE 38
(2:12 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep left to L.Fournette.
2nd and 10 at NE 38
(2:00 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles sacked at NE 45 for -7 yards (K.Van Noy). FUMBLES (K.Van Noy) [J.Harrison], recovered by JAX-C.Robinson at NE 47. C.Robinson to NE 47 for no gain (T.Flowers).
3rd and 19 at NE 47
(2:00 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass short right to J.O'Shaughnessy pushed ob at NE 43 for 4 yards (E.Rowe).
4th and 15 at NE 43
(1:47 - 4th) (SHOTGUN) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep right to D.Westbrook (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].

The game was entirely in Blake Bortles' hands. Bortles choked.
After we play conservative and predictable as it gets to let the Pats take the lead and then give Bortles a shot?  What about the 1st half with 53 seconds to go and 3 timeouts and just kneel the ball to take it to the half. 

https://www.genjag.com/jacksonville-jagu...super-bowl

Not a very good way to help you QB out, if you think this is the way to do it you are cluless.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...0488835074

thats not how you give your QB a chance to suceed

(02-25-2018, 03:42 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That falls on the coaches not the QB, if they are all in this together like they say, they need to give Bortles a chance to win a game

Why not face reality? Bortles has been given ample time and opportunity to distinguish himself as a top-notch NFL pro.

EXHIBIT 1:

Jaguars' final drive in the AFC Title game v. New England

1st and 10 at JAX 25
(2:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short middle to M.Lee to JAX 33 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
2nd and 2 at JAX 33
(2:19 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Bortles pass deep left to D.Westbrook pushed ob at NE 38 for 29 yards (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].
1st and 10 at NE 38
(2:12 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep left to L.Fournette.
2nd and 10 at NE 38
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles sacked at NE 45 for -7 yards (K.Van Noy). FUMBLES (K.Van Noy) [J.Harrison], recovered by JAX-C.Robinson at NE 47. C.Robinson to NE 47 for no gain (T.Flowers).
3rd and 19 at NE 47
(2:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass short right to J.O'Shaughnessy pushed ob at NE 43 for 4 yards (E.Rowe).
4th and 15 at NE 43
(1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Bortles pass incomplete deep right to D.Westbrook (S.Gilmore) [T.Flowers].

Not a single rushing play on this drive. Bortles was 1 for 4 on deep throws on this drive. The sack counts as a incomplete deep throw by my standards.

Blake Bortles was handed the football with two minutes and forty-eight seconds left and he choked. Bortles lost the AFC title game.

Read and educate yourself

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/nfl-play...el-hackett