Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NRA gets OWNED

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...7a94e7db0d

See what happens when 17 people are murdered at a school with a high powered rifle and you blame everyone and everything but the gun? See what happens when you suggest that survivors are actors and the media loves the shootings? See what happens when you spend decades deflecting and obstructing any conversation about firearms by mongering fear and anger to your members?

I'm enjoying watching the NRA squirm and writhe in agony as it loses corporate partners left and right, and will continue enjoying myself as I watch members of Congress and the President back away from their NRA ties more and more with each passing day. Screw that organization, and good riddance to it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 07:16 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

High Powered?

My SKS is way more powerful and it's still not high powered.

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?indexType=s

Oh, and just so you know where the most money is coming from....

Also, why do you want more rules that won't be enforced?

Why not enforce the laws we have. Don't let stupid racist liberal policies allow non-white kids to get their crimes called "school infractions" rather than criminal ones.

(02-24-2018, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...7a94e7db0d

See what happens when 17 people are murdered at a school with a high powered rifle and you blame everyone and everything but the gun? See what happens when you suggest that survivors are actors and the media loves the shootings? See what happens when you spend decades deflecting and obstructing any conversation about firearms by mongering fear and anger to your members?

I'm enjoying watching the NRA squirm and writhe in agony as it loses corporate partners left and right, and will continue enjoying myself as I watch members of Congress and the President back away from their NRA ties more and more with each passing day. Screw that organization, and good riddance to it.

How many times was the NRA called to the kids house?

Meanwhile, NRA membership and gun ownership will once again increase this year as intellectually challenged lefties fail to understand why crime has increased every year in the 4 US cities with the strictest gun laws.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-24-2018, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: See what happens when 17 people are murdered at a school with a high powered rifle and you blame everyone and everything but the gun? 

Screw that organization, and good riddance to it.

Are we so wrong to blame the shooter over the gun?  Do you think he just got a "bad" gun?  My guns have never murdered anyone, does that make them "good" guns?

How did you come to the conclusion that an AR-15 was "high powered"?  BTW it's not even close to high powered.

The NRA is NEVER going away!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Kind of comical that the left believes gun ownership live an dies through the NRA. The true intentions of the left are now fully exposed. It was never about compromise or “common sense”. It’s always been about confiscation and repealing the 2nd amendment. Nothing like pushing all your chips to the middle on a weak hand. About to get called and raised! Prepare for the many civil rights suits and bankruptcy.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Meanwhile:

General Cell Phone Statistics
Note: These are the most recent statistics available

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I could care less about the NRA. I am a gun owner, but I am not a member of the NRA, nor do I ever intend to be. My decision to purchase a certain firearm or what specific type of firearm I buy, has absolutely nothing to do with the NRA. If they went away tomorrow, no decisions I make now or in the future regarding firearms, will be effected. There are so many guns in America that if they stopped producing them today, I could easily buy whatever I wanted from another gun owner. All you have to do is look on the internet and you can buy whatever you want for the right price. It's not about guns. It's about the intent of the people who use them. That is the area that needs to be closely monitored. Law abiding gun owners like myself and others have nothing to worry about and those that do are just paranoid or they have something to hide.

Good Lord TJ, you are slowly changing daily. This is tough to watch.

(02-25-2018, 10:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good Lord TJ, you are slowly changing daily. This is tough to watch.

TDS is tough on us all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 10:55 AM by B2hibry.)

(02-25-2018, 10:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good Lord TJ, you are slowly changing daily. This is tough to watch.

Slow nothing. From what I’ve seen he has leaped with both feet this year. But, to each their own.

How long before he should have to change his “military grade” avatar?

If pray that my daughter grows up to be as strong a woman as Dana Loesh.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 11:14 AM by homebiscuit.)

(02-25-2018, 11:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If pray that my daughter grows up to be as strong a woman as Dana Loesh.

She's shutting George Stephanopoulos down.

Wow, that segment beautifully encapsulates what has happened to the MSM over the last year.

(02-24-2018, 08:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Meanwhile, NRA membership and gun ownership will once again increase this year as intellectually challenged lefties fail to understand why crime has increased every year in the 4 US cities with the strictest gun laws.

Because anyone in a city with restrictive gun laws won't have to travel far to find a town/county/state where guns are easy to get.

Even with NRA membership growing, they still only have about 4.5 million members, out of an estimated 70 million registered gun owners and 325 million citizens. Their influence seems to be a bit disproportionate.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-25-2018, 11:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If pray that my daughter grows up to be as strong a woman as Dana Loesh.

You want your daughter to grow up knowing how to talk a good game?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-25-2018, 02:26 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Meanwhile, NRA membership and gun ownership will once again increase this year as intellectually challenged lefties fail to understand why crime has increased every year in the 4 US cities with the strictest gun laws.

Because anyone in a city with restrictive gun laws won't have to travel far to find a town/county/state where guns are easy to get.

Even with NRA membership growing, they still only have about 4.5 million members, out of an estimated 70 million registered gun owners and 325 million citizens. Their influence seems to be a bit disproportionate.

Yet the left wants to blame them for any shooting.  Seems they have the most influence over the deluded psyche of the liberal elite in the media, and their left wing lemmings lapping up every word.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Because anyone in a city with restrictive gun laws won't have to travel far to find a town/county/state where guns are easy to get another way to kill innocent people.

What makes this so difficult to understand?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-24-2018, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...7a94e7db0d

Dude, are you on drugs? We rarely agree on anything but we've been able to respect each other's POV at the very least. Sometimes. It does seem like something shifted in your psyche because you sound like you're going off the deep end. 

And I will say this with all seriousness.....my husband's farts are more high powered than an AR-15. For real. 

Someone asked this in another thread: if my kid or spouse were killed in a shooting of this nature would I be all over the government to impose tougher gun laws? My answer is no, and for several reasons, the first of which is that until we enforce the laws we currently have, and I mean every single one of them that affects how a person acquires a gun, there is no reason to impose more laws that will not be enforced.

And they would be breaking current laws whether in that restrictive state or surrounding states.

Yet the left trembles due to there political influence? Most casual gun owners could give a rats [BLEEP] about the NRA. FYI, the more ingrained gun owners dismissed the NRA a long time ago and have funneled behind more organized organization that have core principals reflecting no compromise with the left and their nonscience expression of "common sense" gun reform. It's comical that you are leaning on the 70 million "registered" gun owners number. I'm sure there are folks lining up to let the government know how many and what type of guns are under their control. Lost mine in a boating accident years ago!

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 12:10 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(02-25-2018, 12:26 AM)copycat Wrote: Meanwhile:

General Cell Phone Statistics
Note: These are the most recent statistics available

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.

Out here texting or using phone not handsfree is illegal and major fines. Minors they suspend license for caught texting.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags