Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Signs Extension through 2020

So is there any doubt that our QBs going into camp is either going to be Bortles/Jackson or Bortles/Rudolph?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2018, 09:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Wow, very team friendly. A few posters floated this possibility and I absolutely thought it had no shot of happening. The team has some flexibility now.

I was definitely one of those posters. As a matter of fact I put in my application for the Jags assistant GM position the other day but I still haven’t heard back for some reason.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-24-2018, 09:31 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: So is there any doubt that our QBs going into camp is either going to be Bortles/Jackson or Bortles/Rudolph?
I think this is a likely scenario but TE and guard are also in play for the 1st round.

Good, smart move.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 09:48 PM by JNev.)

(02-24-2018, 09:31 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: So is there any doubt that our QBs going into camp is either going to be Bortles/Jackson or Bortles/Rudolph?

First thing that came to my mind as well. I'm totally cool with this. It's actually best case scenario if we weren't going to land Kirk. This is a market value bridge contract. Wentz, Goff, Trubisky all have more GTD money than Blake going forward

(02-24-2018, 09:46 PM)JNev Wrote:

First thing that came to my mind as well. I'm totally cool with this. It's actually best case scenario if we weren't going to land Kirk. This is a market value bridge contract. Wentz, Goff, Trubisky all have more GTD money than Blake going forward

Lamar Jackson would be an awesome backup QB. Beyond pushing Blake, he'd be able to play a few downs at other positions on offense.

That said, he may be more of a luxury than a need. It's going to be hard to pass on Isaiah Wynn or Mark Andrews if either is there at #29.

'02

And the rest of the AFC South rejoices.  Three more years of watching a guy that struggles to throw a spiral.  Great.

So Blake signs a team friendly deal that benefits him as well. Hi Cleatwood.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-24-2018, 10:06 PM)copycat Wrote: So Blake signs a team friendly deal that benefits him as well.  Hi Cleatwood.
Happy to be wrong.

I wouldn’t have signed it because 18 million is very low in QB money but I’m glad he signed it.

Now let’s get ARob back, a TE and a guard.... and lets win the South again!

(02-24-2018, 09:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 09:46 PM)JNev Wrote: First thing that came to my mind as well. I'm totally cool with this. It's actually best case scenario if we weren't going to land Kirk. This is a market value bridge contract. Wentz, Goff, Trubisky all have more GTD money than Blake going forward

Lamar Jackson would be an awesome backup QB. Beyond pushing Blake, he'd be able to play a few downs at other positions on offense.

That said, he may be more of a luxury than a need. It's going to be hard to pass on Isaiah Wynn or Mark Andrews if either is there at #29.

This is a deep TE group so I have no doubt they could find a guy in the 2nd round. I’m also hoping that they upgrade the interior OL in FA.

The Jags have to draft someone to push Blake and I’m not sure the Jags will risk not getting a guy in the 1st round.

(02-24-2018, 10:02 PM)KeepinItTeal Wrote: And the rest of the AFC South rejoices.  Three more years of watching a guy that struggles to throw a spiral.  Great
Who needs spirals ? Wobble balls all day.

(02-24-2018, 10:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 10:06 PM)copycat Wrote: So Blake signs a team friendly deal that benefits him as well.  Hi Cleatwood.
Happy to be wrong.

I wouldn’t have signed it because 18 million is very low in QB money but I’m glad he signed it.

Now let’s get ARob back, a TE and a guard.... and lets win the South again!

I am thinking Blake looked at the bigger picture here.  By taking less now he gives the team an opportunity to put the pieces in place for long term success.  If Blake lives up to "his" expectations then the next contract he will have all the power.  Regardless of how you feel about his past performances, you have to love his moxy.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Wow. What a team friendly deal. I was over here expecting 70 and he signed for 54? Big win for the Jaguars.

(02-24-2018, 10:02 PM)KeepinItTeal Wrote: And the rest of the AFC South rejoices.  Three more years of watching a guy that struggles to throw a spiral.  Great.

They rejoiced all the way to not winning the division. Shout out Jurrell Casey

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 10:36 PM by atburg.)

(02-24-2018, 10:02 PM)KeepinItTeal Wrote: And the rest of the AFC South rejoices.  Three more years of watching a guy that struggles to throw a spiral.  Great.

Upper is that you?

Bykln perhaps?

(02-24-2018, 10:23 PM)JNev Wrote:

They rejoiced all the way to not winning the division. Shout out Jurrell Casey

Yes they did!!

I’d still draft Mason Rudolph at 29 if he’s there. If not, give me James Washington or a Guard.

What a struggle it is to be a Bortles haters these days.

http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/video...114f90a36f

Blake Bortles talks extension and surgery update.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

In addition to this being a team-friendly deal, the best thing about this is that they won't be going after Cousins. I do expect them to still draft a quarterback, but not in the first round. They will go best available offensive lineman in the first. If Rudolph or Jackson are there in the 2nd they'll take one of them, if not it will be tight end and the q.b. will be taken in the mid-rounds.

Awesome move by the team