Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is a bigger problem than Gus

Seriously. You can't win in this league without a QB. Doesn't matter how bad of a coach Gus is. You can't teach accuracy and how to win. Bortles has been bailed out by the Allens in the past and now he's showing what he is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 05:08 PM by RedRooster28.)

I disagree, but I'll leave it at that.

Edit: I disagree Bortles is a bigger problem, not that he's been trash.

I am absolutely shocked at what has happened to Bortles this year.

Im also shocked that he has looked this bad. Im praying that he turns it around

Bortles has looked good in the past.

Gus has never looked good.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Bortles showed potential in the past, problem is this year we where expecting that potential to develop into a reliable signal caller, it's year 3 after all. But instead he can't shake his rookie tendencies or worse looks worse than his rookie year.

That's the risk you run taking a project qb #3 overall
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Bortles has looked good in the past.

^This.. I'll give Bortles a chance to get right. With Gus, that'll never happen.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I am absolutely shocked at what has happened to Bortles this year.

I think everyone is except the blind fans who don't watch him play. It is not just Bortles. Robinson and Hurns were very reliable for two years, but now are dropping balls every week. You can't blame Bortles for that.

Team has no confidence. Like the ship sunk after that failed 4th down against Green Bay

Bortles will take the Gabbert or Leftwich career path.

He's not good at all.

Quote:Bortles has looked good in the past.

/thread

Quote:Seriously. You can't win in this league without a QB. Doesn't matter how bad of a coach Gus is. You can't teach accuracy and how to win. Bortles has been bailed out by the Allens in the past and now he's showing what he is.

Accuracy can be improved at least to some extent.   

For years many,  many people thought Matthew Stafford would always have made accuracy issues.  I heard this and read this  repeatedly.   At times Stafford still misses throws but his accuracy has improved greatly since Jim Bob Cooter became his QB Coach in 2014 and even more so in the last 15 games collectively JBC has been his Offensive Coordinator.    At the very least,  the Jaguars have to explore all options to correct Blake Bortles'  mechanical flaws.  

Bb5's motion doesn't deteriorate like it has under a legit coach.

Gus is the problem.

Bb5 is becoming an issue, but one that may be correctable. Though it would be wise to begin thinking of contingency plans.

Quote:Bb5's motion doesn't deteriorate like it has under a legit coach.

Gus is the problem.

Bb5 is becoming an issue, but one that may be correctable. Though it would be wise to begin thinking of contingency plans.
Where does the buck stop here? The regression of his throwing motion is atrocious when compared to where it was at last year even at it's worst. OC? QB Coach? All of the above? Either way attempting to correct Bortles has got to be the right plan and it has to start soon. 

Jag fan base one month and a half ago: we have our Qb for the next ten years.

Jags fan base 6 games in: bust alcoholic gabbert tebow 2.0.

Funny.

Bortles becomes a problem when he plays this bad with a functional running Game. It is so bad it's ridiculous. Constant 2nd/3rd longs

firegusbradley.com updated. Tell your friends.

My question is, how come nobody is helping him fix it? I hear no mention of his mechanics.

Quote:Seriously. You can't win in this league without a QB. Doesn't matter how bad of a coach Gus is. You can't teach accuracy and how to win. Bortles has been bailed out by the Allens in the past and now he's showing what he is.
Not even close to be honest.

Under another coach who actually does his job, Bortles could have a totally different game plan and actually look good.

Quote:Bb5's motion doesn't deteriorate like it has under a legit coach.

Gus is the problem.

This.  Not making excuses for Bortles because he looks terrible, especially the last 2 weeks but this team will never win as long as Gus is the coach.  He is easily the worst coach in the league.  He has no control over his team as everyone could see yesterday.  He makes no adjustments from game to game as we still try to play ball control with no running game.  How he is still the head coach of this football team is mind boggling.