Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blakes Heading to California this week to start throwing with Houses Team

(02-28-2018, 09:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 08:15 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: This team IS a one-year wonder. 

Any future potential for this one-year wonder is predicated upon UPGRADING the erratic quarterback position.

Built? Read the talk about building an offense around Bortles.....again.

So tell us, who would have upgraded the QB position?

Cousins?  You sign him for $30 million +, and you virtually guarantee the team would be a one-two year wonder, because you likely would not be able to re-sign much of the young nucleus that made the team successful.

McCarron, who was not able to beat out Andy Dalton, who is 0-4 in the playoffs? (Full disclosure:  I kicked around the idea of the team possibly going after McCarron as a low cost alternative to Cousins should the team decide to move on from Bortles)

Bradford, he who is made of glass?

Bridgewater, whose football career was in doubt due to a serious knee injury, who has scared away the Vikings from retaining him, even as a backup?

Brees, who is 39 and not leaving New Orleans, and would have been cost prohibitive if he were inclined to leave?

An as of now unnamed rookie QB?

Keep in mind, with the exception of Brees, none of the likely replacements for Bortles have won a single playoff game between them.  Bortles has won two.

My plan was to trade for the guy who already beat Belichick and Brady...

No not Eli...

Nick Foles.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 10:25 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-28-2018, 10:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So tell us, who would have upgraded the QB position?

Cousins?  You sign him for $30 million +, and you virtually guarantee the team would be a one-two year wonder, because you likely would not be able to re-sign much of the young nucleus that made the team successful.

McCarron, who was not able to beat out Andy Dalton, who is 0-4 in the playoffs? (Full disclosure:  I kicked around the idea of the team possibly going after McCarron as a low cost alternative to Cousins should the team decide to move on from Bortles)

Bradford, he who is made of glass?

Bridgewater, whose football career was in doubt due to a serious knee injury, who has scared away the Vikings from retaining him, even as a backup?

Brees, who is 39 and not leaving New Orleans, and would have been cost prohibitive if he were inclined to leave?

An as of now unnamed rookie QB?

Keep in mind, with the exception of Brees, none of the likely replacements for Bortles have won a single playoff game between them.  Bortles has won two.

My plan was to trade for the guy who already beat Belichick and Brady...

No not Eli...

Nick Foles.

A good choice, but even assuming the Eagles are willing to give him up this year-remember, Wentz blew out his knee really late last year and may not be fully ready to go until  late preseason or sometimes after the start of the regular season-what would you have to give up to get him?

FWIW Polian has said he wouldn't even consider trading Foles until someone offered two firsts and two seconds.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-...ing-price/

Even if the price wound up half of that, considering the Jaguars are picking at the bottom of each round, would that be enough to get him?  Consider the boatload of picks Cleveland and Buffalo currently have, and both are picking way ahead of us in the selection order.

What would you give up to get Foles?  Your ability to give Foles the help around him he needs would be hampered by the picks you'd have to surrender to get him, to say nothing of the salary he would command.

Also keep in mind, the only way to sensibly make a run at any of the veteran alternatives discussed above is to let Bortles walk.

What if you let Bortles walk but don't land any of the viable alternatives, for whatever reason?  Maybe you get Bortles back but have to pay more than you would have.  Maybe you end up downgrading the position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I’m all in on Blake, not that I’m convinced he’ll become great, but he’s a likeable guy, he’s a Jaguar, he’s been bashed way too hard for whatever reason, and it’s the best case scenario for the team that he becomes the guy. Plus, there’s nothing I can do about it. Go Blake, shut em up!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 01:21 PM by Jagwired.)

(02-28-2018, 12:16 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I’m all in on Blake, not that I’m convinced he’ll become great, but he’s a likeable guy, he’s a Jaguar, he’s been bashed way too hard for whatever reason, and it’s the best case scenario for the team that he becomes the guy. Plus, there’s nothing I can do about it. Go Blake, shut em up!

So is the team. Caldwell loves BB5. He answers multiple BB5 questions here.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRKjraDYRLKw
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-28-2018, 09:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Any future potential for this one-year wonder is predicated upon UPGRADING the erratic quarterback position.

So tell us, who would have upgraded the QB position?

BTW, the tinhorns tried that with Osweiler and that's how we got AJ Bouye.

(02-28-2018, 01:20 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 12:16 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I’m all in on Blake, not that I’m convinced he’ll become great, but he’s a likeable guy, he’s a Jaguar, he’s been bashed way too hard for whatever reason, and it’s the best case scenario for the team that he becomes the guy. Plus, there’s nothing I can do about it. Go Blake, shut em up!

So is the team. Caldwell loves BB5. He answers multiple BB5 questions here.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRKjraDYRLKw

I like how when he was asked about ARob he mentioned that it has to be 'right for the team.' Caldwell isn't overpaying, he knows he has some big time players coming up.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-28-2018, 10:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 10:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote: My plan was to trade for the guy who already beat Belichick and Brady...

No not Eli...

Nick Foles.

A good choice, but even assuming the Eagles are willing to give him up this year-remember, Wentz blew out his knee really late last year and may not be fully ready to go until  late preseason or sometimes after the start of the regular season-what would you have to give up to get him?

FWIW Polian has said he wouldn't even consider trading Foles until someone offered two firsts and two seconds.

Even if the price wound up half of that, considering the Jaguars are picking at the bottom of each round, would that be enough to get him?  Consider the boatload of picks Cleveland and Buffalo currently have, and both are picking way ahead of us in the selection order.

What would you give up to get Foles?  Your ability to give Foles the help around him he needs would be hampered by the picks you'd have to surrender to get him, to say nothing of the salary he would command.

Also keep in mind, the only way to sensibly make a run at any of the veteran alternatives discussed above is to let Bortles walk.

What if you let Bortles walk but don't land any of the viable alternatives, for whatever reason?  Maybe you get Bortles back but have to pay more than you would have.  Maybe you end up downgrading the position.

Actually, my plan involved keeping Blake under the $19 mil price for the year so he could compete with Foles for the start.  ...I never did see that the statement about all those picks tho. I was thinking our late first by itself would do. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 06:27 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-28-2018, 05:59 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 10:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: A good choice, but even assuming the Eagles are willing to give him up this year-remember, Wentz blew out his knee really late last year and may not be fully ready to go until  late preseason or sometimes after the start of the regular season-what would you have to give up to get him?

Actually, my plan involved keeping Blake under the $19 mil price for the year so he could compete with Foles for the start.  ...I never did see that the statement about all those picks tho. I was thinking our late first by itself would do. 

In fairness, the Eagles are in no way bound by Polian and the market he purports he would set for Foles.  I'm sure if the Eagles wished to get less for Foles, they could certainly have at it.  But I suspect the Eagles didn't get to be Super Bowl champs by being dumb.  To me, trading away a young, still in his prime Super Bowl winning QB for a low first round pick would sell themselves short, especially in light of Wentz' injury.

Besides that, even though Polian's words does not bind any of the NFL teams, he was a very successful GM in the NFL for a long time in the not too distant past. I think he would still have a grasp or an idea of what a QB with Foles' credentials would command in trade.

To all you haters, just announced Luck will be attending The House camp this off season.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-28-2018, 08:57 PM)copycat Wrote: To all you haters, just announced Luck will be attending The House camp this off season.

What's he going to do...watch?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-01-2018, 08:20 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 08:57 PM)copycat Wrote: To all you haters, just announced Luck will be attending The House camp this off season.

What's he going to do...watch?

Lol. Pretty sure he has started throwing already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-01-2018, 01:00 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 08:20 AM)Rico Wrote: What's he going to do...watch?

Lol. Pretty sure he has started throwing already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not from everything I've read.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-28-2018, 03:47 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So tell us, who would have upgraded the QB position?

BTW, the tinhorns tried that with Osweiler and that's how we got AJ Bouye.

This, though I will say that Cousins is way better than Osweiler.

(02-26-2018, 08:15 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 02:16 PM)FBT Wrote: This team hasn't been built to be a one-year wonder, even with Bortles on the roster.  Keep flailing away.
This team IS a one-year wonder. 

This is just complete nonsense.

The team got to the AFC Championship game with a bunch of scrubs at WR, and that "erratic quarterback."

Nothing at all with this roster says "one-year wonder."  This is just some wishful butter churning on your part.

The roster will always be a work in progress, and there are areas where the team can improve realistically through the draft and free agency without spending $30 million a year to bring in Cousins, or whatever deal your mancrush, AJ might haul in once teams start doing that dance.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-25-2018, 10:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Still needs to learn how to throw after 4 seasons.  Figures.

You might want to check on how many of the great QBs work with guys in the offseason. Brady, Manning, all sorts of QBs work with coaches to consistently improve and work on keeping mechanics sharp.

Man... it's so good to be back in troll town.

(03-02-2018, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 10:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Still needs to learn how to throw after 4 seasons.  Figures.

You might want to check on how many of the great QBs work with guys in the offseason. Brady, Manning, all sorts of QBs work with coaches to consistently improve and work on keeping mechanics sharp.

Man... it's so good to be back in troll town.

Yeah, House only works with losers who can't throw like that Tom Brady guy that shows up every damn year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-26-2018, 01:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Again who was Blake throwing too last year?  He had no real tight end receiving threat,  NO #1 or even a #2 recevier on the field, and a bunch of rookies.  Get Blake some weapons and lets see where this goes.

Not to mention all the  receiver drops that stopped drives.

(03-01-2018, 02:09 PM)FBT Wrote:

This is just complete nonsense.

The team got to the AFC Championship game with a bunch of scrubs at WR, and that "erratic quarterback."

Nothing at all with this roster says "one-year wonder."  This is just some wishful butter churning on your part.

The roster will always be a work in progress, and there are areas where the team can improve realistically through the draft and free agency without spending $30 million a year to bring in Cousins, or whatever deal your mancrush, AJ might haul in once teams start doing that dance.

And had the defense been opened up in the fourth quarter (zone coverage, no blitz. Really?) or the refs called a fair game, the Jags would have been in the Superbowl. That's with Bortles and those scrubs, and the predictable run-every-1st-down play calling.

BTW, I heard (from unnamed sources) that McCarron was forced to retire because there was no way to remove lips from his butt.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"