Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Will Hernandez and Mark Andrews in rounds 1 and 2..

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 01:14 AM by chris hill.)

Especially now that we resigned Bortles.. Now we just have to resign Robinson.. Get Justin Pugh also.. After that draft Will Hernandez and Mark Andrews in rounds 1 and 2..

Well be good to go wouldn't u say so..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2018, 01:14 AM)chris hill Wrote: Especially now that we resigned Bortles.. Now we just have to resign Robinson.. Get Justin Pugh also.. After that draft Will Hernandez and Mark Andrews in rounds 1 and 2..

I'd love to get both players, however, I almost wonder if you need to flip them... as in Andrews round one and Hernandez round two.

Then I'd get Falk or Litton in round three.

In round four I'm thinking MLB or CB.

'02

Strangely, I wonder if re-signing Bortles makes a QB more likely in rounds 1 or 2.

Giving him a 3-year deal means we don’t have to groom a successor yet, but because the deal isn’t long-term or super-expensive, it makes me think they want to have a realistic alternative on board now, with a good chance of being our starter.

And you’ll only get that in rounds 1 (and maybe) 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-27-2018, 07:37 AM)Andy G Wrote: Strangely, I wonder if re-signing Bortles makes a QB more likely in rounds 1 or 2.

Giving him a 3-year deal means we don’t have to groom a successor yet, but because the deal isn’t long-term or super-expensive, it makes me think they want to have a realistic alternative on board now, with a good chance of being our starter.

I strongly feel a guy like Falk will be plenty capable of starting by 2020 if not sooner. We don't need to go QB in the first two rounds.
'02

Falk will probably be starting preseason week 4 for a team in 2020. I think if he is starting a regular season game for anyone that team is going to be in major trouble.

(02-27-2018, 07:49 AM)Upper Wrote: Falk will probably be starting preseason week 4 for a team in 2020. I think if he is starting a regular season game for anyone that team is going to be in major trouble.

Living out here in Washington I've had a chance to talk to some WA State fans, and they love Falk. I tell them that I think the Jaguars might groom his for a couple years, and their main retort is that he'll probably want to start right away.  They'll feel he'll light it up right away.

'02

(02-27-2018, 07:37 AM)Andy G Wrote: Strangely, I wonder if re-signing Bortles makes a QB more likely in rounds 1 or 2.

It's really hard to tell.     

My gut would say we take a backup type this year instead of real competition. A Cody Kessler type like Logan Woodside in round 4/5.  Then if Blake flounders next year you attack it.  

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they seriously consider taking Rudolph if he's there in the first two rounds.

(02-27-2018, 08:01 AM)JackCity Wrote:

It's really hard to tell.     

My gut would say we take a backup type this year instead of real competition. A Cody Kessler type like Logan Woodside in round 4/5.  Then if Blake flounders next year you attack it.  

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they seriously consider taking Rudolph if he's there in the first two rounds.

Waiting for next year to draft serious QB competition would literally drive me crazy. I just don't see a single QB coming out next season who impresses me to the point where I'd even consider them in round 1.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Assuming we get ARob and Colvin back, my ideal/realistic top 3 picks would be:

1) Will Hernandez LG
2) Hayden Hurst TE
3) Mike White QB

Now if we sign Justin Pugh, I’d probably rethink Hernandez because they both play LG. Unless you think Hernandez can transition over to RG, that pick wouldn’t make immediate sense.

(02-27-2018, 01:14 AM)chris hill Wrote: Especially now that we resigned Bortles.. Now we just have to resign Robinson.. Get Justin Pugh also.. After that draft Will Hernandez and Mark Andrews in rounds 1 and 2..

Not a bad strategy, actually.

A Pugh and Hernandez combo would give us tremendous depth and versatility along the O-Line. 

Even though real early mocks had Andrews going at the end of the first, I've heard he is dropping and is looking more like a 3rd round pick.  If this is true, picking him at the bottom of the 2nd would be good value and fit a need, though I like Hurst and Gesicki better

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The most difficult decision for our brass will be whether to take a quarterback, whom they love, in round 1 and let him sit for at least one year or take someone who can immediately become a starter like Hernandez or Orlando Brown. Personally, I'd have to take the quarterback and it wouldn't even be close. However, if they're not that high on Rudolph or Lamar Jackson (the most likely options at 29), they need to take the lineman in round 1, tight end in round 2 and the developmental quarterback in the 3rd. Mike White is my favorite in that category and he can be a solid backup at the least.

(02-27-2018, 09:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The most difficult decision for our brass will be whether to take a quarterback, whom they love, in round 1 and let him sit for at least one year or take someone who can immediately become a starter like Hernandez or Orlando Brown. Personally, I'd have to take the quarterback and it wouldn't even be close. However, if they're not that high on Rudolph or Lamar Jackson (the most likely options at 29), they need to take the lineman in round 1, tight end in round 2 and the developmental quarterback in the 3rd. Mike White is my favorite in that category and he can be a solid backup at the least.

If we can't get Rudolph, I'd definitely give White or Lauletta a try in that 3rd round range.

(02-27-2018, 08:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Not a bad strategy, actually.

A Pugh and Hernandez combo would give us tremendous depth and versatility along the O-Line. 

Even though real early mocks had Andrews going at the end of the first, I've heard he is dropping and is looking more like a 3rd round pick.  If this is true, picking him at the bottom of the 2nd would be good value and fit a need, though I like Hurst and Gesicki better

I've noticed that he is dropping on draft boards too... Why is that? In the (admittedly limited) tape i've seen of him he looks like an absolute beast of a TE and exactly the kind of pass catching mismatch that we need at the position.

(02-28-2018, 09:13 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Not a bad strategy, actually.

I've noticed that he is dropping on draft boards too... Why is that? In the (admittedly limited) tape i've seen of him he looks like an absolute beast of a TE and exactly the kind of pass catching mismatch that we need at the position.
I'm not entirely sure why this is.  I know he is type 1 diabetic.  Maybe some teams are scared off because of that.

I suspect we'll learn a little more during the combine this week.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-28-2018, 09:13 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Not a bad strategy, actually.

This is precisely why I'm thinking he goes round one. Looking at Andrews, the guy is a beast who from the limited online clips I've quickly concluded is the best overall TE. I'm not even looking at mock drafts to say he won't make it all that far into round two. 

'02