Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacing ARob

(03-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: it's starting to look like Caldwell might let him get away to the Colts.

Where are you getting the Colts info from?

If Robinson's taking the position that he won't play under the franchise tag, letting him walk makes more sense than a big, long-term contract for a guy coming off a wrecked knee. I'd like to see him stick around, and I've seen nothing that makes me think he's on his way out. If he does leave, we've got Westbrook, Cole and Hurns on board to replace him, and maybe Marqise Lee comes back in that scenario. Even Jaydon Mickens showed some real potential as a receiver after he seemingly lost confidence as a returner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-04-2018, 12:20 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: it's starting to look like Caldwell might let him get away to the Colts.

Where are you getting the Colts info from?

If Robinson's taking the position that he won't play under the franchise tag, letting him walk makes more sense than a big, long-term contract for a guy coming off a wrecked knee. I'd like to see him stick around, and I've seen nothing that makes me think he's on his way out. If he does leave, we've got Westbrook, Cole and Hurns on board to replace him, and maybe Marqise Lee comes back in that scenario. Even Jaydon Mickens showed some real potential as a receiver after he seemingly lost confidence as a returner.

There was an article out about the Colts saying how they plan to go after ARob if we let him hit free agency. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 01:09 AM by knarnn.)

Its hard to justify 16 mill on a tag for a WR coming back from an ACL. It’s more than likely he’ll wind up with a 800 yard 6 TD stat line one year removed from injury. Is that worth 16 mill? Then after he does that he’s going to leave in FA the following year anyway.

If we can find a way to work the contract to where it’s full of incentives the first year and then middle to top tier pay the remaining years I think it would be a win for both sides. But I fully expect him to test the market and go to the highest bidder. It’s a shame but it’s the business.

Me personally I’d take a 1 year prove it deal (7-9 million) with the chance to win a SB in the process and still test FA next year. But that’s me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Courtland Sutton is a guy who could replace ARob. I hadn't thought much about him because I figure he's going early, but Rob Rang is saying he could fall to the end of the round. I'm not sure how he figures, but I could totally see Sutton stepping right in. 
'02

(03-04-2018, 01:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Courtland Sutton is a guy who could replace ARob. I hadn't thought much about him because I figure he's going early, but Rob Rang is saying he could fall to the end of the round. I'm not sure how he figures, but I could totally see Sutton stepping right in. 

I’m thinking they go after a developmental type in the 3-4 round range. EQ St. Brown would be ideal here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-04-2018, 01:19 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 01:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Courtland Sutton is a guy who could replace ARob. I hadn't thought much about him because I figure he's going early, but Rob Rang is saying he could fall to the end of the round. I'm not sure how he figures, but I could totally see Sutton stepping right in. 

I’m thinking they go after a developmental type in the 3-4 round range. EQ St. Brown would be ideal here.

I noticed him as well as a guy who might be able to take over outside with a little coaching up.  I even mentioned him earlier in this thread. 
'02

The problem with not signing ARob is that we’d probably feel the need to go after a WR in the early rounds.

And that could mean we’d miss out on signing the guard or TE we need.

That’s got to be in their minds in the ARob negotiations.

And I bet ARobs team know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no problem with not signing Allen Robinson. We had a winning season and won two playoff games without him. All he does is jump up and catch the ball. He falls down right on the spot.

No YAC.

We want WRs who know how to give us YAC and not WRs who fall down on the job.

(03-04-2018, 08:13 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: There's no problem with not signing Allen Robinson. We had a winning season and won two playoff games without him. All he does is jump up and catch the ball. He falls down right on the spot.

No YAC.

This is absolutely not true. ARob gets plenty of YAC when he's actually hit in stride. You may have noticed plays where he was forced to come back for the ball and was therefore tackled soon after, but given a good pass Robinson will head straight for the end zone.

'02

(03-04-2018, 01:06 AM)knarnn Wrote: Its hard to justify 16 mill on a tag for a WR coming back from an ACL. It’s more than likely he’ll wind up with a 800 yard 6 TD stat line one year removed from injury. Is that worth 16 mill? Then after he does that he’s going to leave in FA the following year anyway.

If we can find a way to work the contract to where it’s full of incentives the first year and then middle to top tier pay the remaining years I think it would be a win for both sides. But I fully expect him to test the market and go to the highest bidder. It’s a shame but it’s the business.

Me personally I’d take a 1 year prove it deal (7-9 million) with the chance to win a SB in the process and still test FA next year. But that’s me.

I could bold this entire post. IMO it is the perfect summation.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-04-2018, 08:31 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:13 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: There's no problem with not signing Allen Robinson. We had a winning season and won two playoff games without him. All he does is jump up and catch the ball. He falls down right on the spot.

No YAC.

This is absolutely not true. ARob gets plenty of YAC when he's actually hit in stride. You may have noticed plays where he was forced to come back for the ball and was therefore tackled soon after, but given a good pass Robinson will head straight for the end zone.

His highlight reel is so loaded with pass receptions where Robinson jumps up, catches the ball, then falls down, I quit counting. 

Needless to say, he's lucky he falls down in the end zone on a few. 

https://youtu.be/x9G4CqSzKMM

What's the problem with Robinson? Why does he jump up, catch the ball, and fall down all the time? Is this the goal of the Jaguars?

Can't somebody teach him how to run a pass pattern in such a way that he catches the ball in stride and uses his physical ability to make the end zone?

You don't suppose those under-thrown passes from Bortles are really under-thrown passes. Blake throws those passes short on purpose. That's the goal of the offense...to have Robinson jump up, catch the ball and fall down in place. Has to be.

(03-04-2018, 01:06 AM)knarnn Wrote: Its hard to justify 16 mill on a tag for a WR coming back from an ACL. It’s more than likely he’ll wind up with a 800 yard 6 TD stat line one year removed from injury. Is that worth 16 mill? Then after he does that he’s going to leave in FA the following year anyway.

Would you take a one year prove it deal with a team that wants to run every play if they had the opportunity to? A team that runs a very basic pass offense with a QB that's inaccurate and will put you in dangerous situations with ball placement? 

If he takes a one year prove it deal, which I agree I would do it, I would do so with a team that best gives me the chance to succeed. The fact is here in Jacksonville, this is not the spot to succeed as a WR in this offense. Therefore he is going to ask for a deal which he believes is his worth. Him taking a one year prove it deal here in Jacksonville makes zero sense from a business standpoint in his camp's perspective. If they are dumb enough to accept that here, then Caldwell is a god.

(03-01-2018, 11:56 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Equanimeous St. Brown looks like a guy who can handle that split end role. What do we know about where he might go in the draft?

Bleacher Report's mock draft has him coming here at #29.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27615...re-combine
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-04-2018, 01:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Would you take a one year prove it deal with a team that wants to run every play if they had the opportunity to? A team that runs a very basic pass offense with a QB that's inaccurate and will put you in dangerous situations with ball placement? 

Yeah same reason Eifert on a short prove it deal won't happen here either.

(03-04-2018, 10:13 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:31 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

His highlight reel is so loaded with pass receptions where Robinson jumps up, catches the ball, then falls down, I quit counting. 

Needless to say, he's lucky he falls down in the end zone on a few. 

https://youtu.be/x9G4CqSzKMM

What's the problem with Robinson? Why does he jump up, catch the ball, and fall down all the time? Is this the goal of the Jaguars?

Can't somebody teach him how to run a pass pattern in such a way that he catches the ball in stride and uses his physical ability to make the end zone?

You don't suppose those under-thrown passes from Bortles are really under-thrown passes. Blake throws those passes short on purpose. That's the goal of the offense...to have Robinson jump up, catch the ball and fall down in place. Has to be.

I watched this. For starters, half of his receptions in this clip are caught in the end zone for a TD. Among the other half, you typically see them focusing on the more incredible catches where he's having to jump up and high point the ball. In those situations, he's typically in the air long enough for the coverage to get to him and tackle him as he comes down. But like I said, every time he has a chance to run he's taking off downfield toward the end zone. 
'02

“Analyzing” a highlight reel for a players traits is damn near pointless.

Besides - Robinson’s strengths lie in other areas besides YAC.
The Jags possess three other receivers with quality yard after catch ability. They don’t need him to be that guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 04:07 PM by TheDuke007.)

(03-04-2018, 01:06 AM)knarnn Wrote: Me personally I’d take a 1 year prove it deal (7-9 million) with the chance to win a SB in the process and still test FA next year. But that’s me.

Yes, I'm sure A-Rob would take that deal.  This makes perfect sense considering that all of us live in Fantasyland.  

If we're dreaming, why not just sign him for the league minimum?  No, wait!  Maybe the NFL will make an exception and allow us to sign him for less than the league minimum!

If Hernandez and Wynn are gone by 29, I'd take gesicki or Daniels at 29, plug and play starters in my opinion, I don't care that gesicki can't block, he's a matchup nightmare. I like chark and dj Moore a lot on day two but I doubt Moore makes it to our 2nd pick after his performance at the combine. Gallop in the 3rd world be nice too, he could replace hurns if we decide to move away from his contract after next season. I think guard is our number one priority this draft though.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 02:42 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Courtland Sutton is going to be a very trendy pick for the Jags at 29.

(03-06-2018, 02:41 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Courtland Sutton is going to be a very trendy pick for the Jags at 29.

Too inconsistent for me against lesser competition. He looks the part but he gets frustrated against better corners and uses his hands too much to get separation.