Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are we a team or just a roster?

I feel like there is a disconnect between the players themselves and also the coaches. Nobody is on the same page. I feel like this a roster that is segregated by the position they play. The dline celebrates and has the hit squad thing and the DBs are there own separate thing but it doesn't feel like a team atmosphere. An example was at UF when Mac first got there he emphasized when someone made a big play the whole team would celebrate that one guy for that play. Or look at Seattle when Sherman was getting roasted by Julio two weeks ago,they were getting him pumped up and the whole team was jumping around trying to motivate him and showing that they have his back. I know this may seem like a little thing but it brings the roster together as a TEAM!! They show heart and passion as a team instead of an individual. I also don't mind Poz calling out Jackson and Ramsey in the locker room, because you can play with passion and be pissed off during the game because you want to win but not to the point where you're hurting your teams chances to win by being ejected because then apparently you don't want to win. However, I don't think Poz should have singled them out to the media because there is no need for that. We need a coach and more importantly a leader for this team,we have talented young players who want to win and know how to win but until a coach harnesses all that emotion into a positive result on the field we are just going to continue aimlessly wandering through the season.

End of rant

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Interesting. After reading individual comments from players about how they are seemingly putting on their own shoulders. Like when A-Rob says he is trying to make a play, or Greene or Bortles or whomever it is more like a roster than a team. 53 individuals doing their own thing and not moving as a cohesive unit. We all know why the players feel that way but it sure is ugly to see.

We are obviously a team. We fit every definition of a team. We just happen to be a team with bad coaches.

Just a roster.....coached by clowns. 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We're a team without a coach

Players love coaches who are deemed a players coach.  That is, until the start losing.  The problem is that our players expectations for winning was too high this season.  Once they settle into the losing way, and realize that trying your best is perfectly fine, then I think you'll all see a more moderate sense of complacency across the board.   We need to instill our veteran leadership out there so our players can lose with dignity on a weekly basis.

Quote:Just a roster.....coached by clowns. 
[Image: Scary-Clown-631.png__800x600_q85_crop.jpg]

This team seems to lack direction, and they play like it.  When you don't know what you are supposed to do, you press and try to do more.  Gus says, "just do your job", but you have to know exactly what your job is, and with repetition, not have to think about it.  This team is reactive, not proactive.

Quote:This team seems to lack direction, and they play like it.  When you don't know what you are supposed to do, you press and try to do more. Gus says, "just do your job", but you have to know exactly what your job is, and with repetition, not have to think about it.  This team is reactive, not proactive.

The Patriots copyrighted "DO YOUR JOB." Somehow they know what their job is.

I was watching MNF last week with Tampa Bay and they were talking about Jameis and the Bucs. They said that the Bucs "love" each other and that Jameis is clearly a leader and has the respect of the locker room.

Someone said its 53 guys doing their own thing and it couldn't be more obvious.

Quote:I was watching MNF last week with Tampa Bay and they were talking about Jameis and the Bucs. They said that the Bucs "love" each other and that Jameis is clearly a leader and has the respect of the locker room.

Someone said its 53 guys doing their own thing and it couldn't be more obvious.

Jameis Winston has been called a natural leader since his first training camp. That does not make the Buccaneers a good team. The person who said something about 53 players is correct.

Roster loaded with talent, finally.  It's appalling we can't unite and finally make some noise.  Totally on coaching, with Bortles earning significant blame too.

Quote:Roster loaded with talent, finally. It's appalling we can't unite and finally make some noise. Totally on coaching, with Bortles earning significant blame too.

We need a new marketing campaign to help unite us all into a glorious team of victory! I think something like Stand United or All In might work.....
[Image: giphy.gif]

Paper champions baby!
No commercial messages in sigs

This team is a ship lost at a sea right now. They don't have a strong captain at the head coaching position. They don't have a strong captain at the quarterback position. Usually an elite coach can off set an average quarterback. And usually an elite quarterback can off set an average head coach. Sadly in our case. We have a pair of turds at the moment. I am usually pretty optimistic. But after watching this team under Bradley's leadership for the past four years. It's been like watching your favorite childhood super hero die and wither away of cancer. It's disheartening man.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah this was what I was saying in the other thread.

We have the guys, we just don't have the coaches to make these guys be incredibly successful in their specific roles.

The guys are trying to play outside their responsibilities.

Quote:We need a new marketing campaign to help unite us all into a glorious team of victory! I think something like Stand United or All In might work.....

I never thought about it, but those two did not work very well. I read Malik Jackson wore a SACKSONVILLE t-shirt during training camp, which would be cool if we actually sacked QBs more regularly.

Quote:We need a new marketing campaign to help unite us all into a glorious team of victory! I think something like Stand United or All In might work.....

We're the Jay-gwires, and we want more!!!!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

J.A.G.S.

Just

Another

Gruesome

Season

I hate Gus

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]