Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LF27, 2018

So last year when we drafted Leonard we pretty much all wanted him. There were a few that said he was slow, then he recorded the fastest run vs Pittsburgh. A few said he needed "steam" but he wiggled his way to 1040 yards rushing...while missing a couple of games. Some said he couldn't play out of the shotgun,  but he ended up being the glue of our offense, racking up 9 rushing TDs.

So next year should be huge for Fournette. I hope he runs wild. I'm predicting something in the neighborhood of 1300 yards and 13 TDs.

What are your early predictions for LF

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2018, 06:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So last year when we drafted Leonard we pretty much all wanted him. There were a few that said he was slow, then he recorded the fastest run vs Pittsburgh. A few said he needed "steam" but he wiggled his way to 1040 yards rushing...while missing a couple of games. Some said he couldn't play out of the shotgun,  but he ended up being the glue of our offense, racking up 9 rushing TDs.

So next year should be huge for Fournette. I hope he runs wild. I'm predicting something in the neighborhood of 1300 yards and 13 TDs.

His ankle injury would be a non-issue and he will play 15 games
[Image: giphy.gif]

He will join the message board and start a thread titled, "JF24, 2018" -

"So next year should be huge for JF24. I hope he runs wild. I'm predicting something in the neighborhood of 3000 threads started."
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Too early for an early prediction. Need to know who is blocking first....

Needs to stay healthy should maybe draft a backup at some point in draft?
No Fun

(03-03-2018, 06:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So last year when we drafted Leonard we pretty much all wanted him. There were a few that said he was slow, then he recorded the fastest run vs Pittsburgh. A few said he needed "steam" but he wiggled his way to 1040 yards rushing...while missing a couple of games. Some said he couldn't play out of the shotgun,  but he ended up being the glue of our offense, racking up 9 rushing TDs.

Last year pretty much proves you shouldn’t take a RB early. Hunt, Kamara, Cook... they are all good.

I think people liked Fournette but they also understand that you can get RBs everywhere. Hunt led the league in rushing. Kamara was unstoppable. With an improved OLine I think Fournette could definitely get to 1300 and 13 as long as he stays healthy.

Yep, last year just proved how we goofed. We would already be looking better long term if we had taken Mahomes, Watson, Hooker, Adams, Howard and taken any number of RB later. Just like Cowboy fans wouldn't admit they goofed taking Zeke over Ramsey (actually a lot of them will), but they're both true.

My prediction is he'll run with the ball a lot.

Nagging injuries continue (since college) but we're smart enough next year not to run him into the ground as we utilize Grant and Yeldon in some west coast style offensive schemes more often

Great pick, proving that RBs like him can change the dynamic of the whole offense.

We built around him, and it changed the whole mindset. Best pick for us by far. We needed a sure thing and he brought it

1200, 4.5, 8 rush TDs, 400 yards receiving with 3 more TDs

Maybe we goofed but if you get a guy who can play then you made the right choice. I was wrong about him. He is a superstar and can flat out ball

I like him. Did not want to draft him top ten, though. Still think that was unwise.

He’ll do fine next season with an upgrade or two on the line and a bit less obvious play calling than we saw at different points of 2017.

I think a committee approach with a COP/gadget back (Grant) and a 3rd down back (Yeldon) will yield similar but slightly better results in 2018 for #27.

He will miss a game due to something silly like not catch the team flight on time

Need to know how's blocking for him. Also, very interested to see if LF takes his game to the next level by adding atleast one move other than the spin move he does. If he is able to make people miss that adds a whole new dimension to his game. We will see in training camp if he did.

I mean, you have to think it was a huge mistake, given we made it to the AFC championship game, while down our top WR the whole year, the next best guy a good portion of the year, and only adding a rookie LT to the Line.

We more than doubled our leading rusher from the year before, and lead the league in rushing as well, running into a stacked box.

I say we trade him and hope to pick up a guy in R4 or so.

(03-03-2018, 04:32 PM)nate Wrote: I mean, you have to think it was a huge mistake, given we made it to the AFC championship game, while down our top WR the whole year, the next best guy a good portion of the year, and only adding a rookie LT to the Line.

We more than doubled our leading rusher from the year before, and lead the league in rushing as well, running into a stacked box.

I say we trade him and hope to pick up a guy in R4 or so.

No it was a major goof, we should've gambled on a Texas Tech QB or one with major velocity questions. Sometimes a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. There was little doubt LF would be a great professional, Watson and Mahomes had major bust potential. Swinging and missing on a Top 4 pick is brutal for a franchise

I'm not upset about taking him at 4 at all. He's already our best back since MJD and was in the running for OROY for a while. No concerns one bit from me. I think the "positional value" of drafting is silly aside from kickers.

To answer the question, let's say all things OL remain the same, I think he'll have a significantly bigger year, in the running for leading rusher. He hit the rookie wall last year for sure. A true off-season and some more continuity with the offense and he'll be a monster. Plus if the passing game takes a step forward after ARob comes back (I'm sure he will) it will help him as well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Comparing Fournette to Kamara or hunt is ridiculous. Fournette is a North/south runner the other 2 (predominately kamara) Are east/west with Ingram to run up the email.

Sure we could have drafted one of those with Ivory running up the middle but we would have been fumbling at least once a game.

I was very anti the Fournette pick as I wanted Adams as I feel the guy is a lock hall of fame (bold call I know) but we would not have got to the AFC C game without him. Call me the converted!

I just hope he can stay healthy.

hopefully averages 4ypc next year

(03-03-2018, 06:57 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: hopefully averages 4ypc next year

I agree it will be nice if/when his YPC is higher than his draft slot.