Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LF27, 2018

I think Fournette leads the NFL in rushing thus year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2018, 11:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:33 AM)JNev Wrote: Well my issue is the ambiguity. One of the how many best? I think it’s easy to make a case for him as currently a top 7 RB in the league

RBs I rate higher than Fournette atm : Gurley , David Johnson, Bell, Zeke , Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, Freeman,  Lesean McCoy.   

Then out of the 2017 rookies I'd personally take Kareem Hunt and Kamara over him. Wouldn't consider them top flight yet either. 

Out of the 2018 draft I like Barkley, Guice and Chubb more than Fournette as a prospect but have to wait to see them play first.

Also I love watching Fournette and think he's good.

Its more of an argument about positional value than the merits of LF7 as a player.

Guice?

OMG! Now i know your opinion of 4Net is crap.
'02

(07-25-2018, 05:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 11:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: RBs I rate higher than Fournette atm : Gurley , David Johnson, Bell, Zeke , Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, Freeman,  Lesean McCoy.   

Then out of the 2017 rookies I'd personally take Kareem Hunt and Kamara over him. Wouldn't consider them top flight yet either. 

Out of the 2018 draft I like Barkley, Guice and Chubb more than Fournette as a prospect but have to wait to see them play first.

Its more of an argument about positional value than the merits of LF7 as a player.

Guice?

When will these guys realize that Fournette was the best possible pick for us in the entire draft. LOOK HOW BORTLES STARTED PLAYING. Fournette changed the entire identity of our offense.

We can run it down their throats and there is nothing they can do about it.

(07-25-2018, 09:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 05:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Guice?

When will these guys realize that Fournette was the best possible pick for us in the entire draft. LOOK HOW BORTLES STARTED PLAYING. Fournette changed the entire identity of our offense.

We can run it down their throats and there is nothing they can do about it.

I totally agree. Fournette gave us a consistent power run game. That is something we've been missing for a long while. With the addition of Andrew Norwell, I expect this offense to perform much better in 2018, particularly in the run game. As far as I'm concerned, with the power running ability of Fournette and the speed, hands and big play ability of Corey Grant, we have the best 1-2 punch in the AFC.

Just read Gil Brandt thinks Leonard Fournette will rush for a league leading 15 TDs this season. He had 9 rushing TDs last season in just 13 games. Fournette was 3rd overall in red zone rushing.

Dude is a beast.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2018, 04:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just read Gil Brandt thinks Leonard Fournette will rush for a league leading 15 TDs this season. He had 9 rushing TDs last season in just 13 games. Fournette was 3rd overall in red zone rushing.

Dude is a beast.

Fournette improved this offense greatly last year, but late in the season, this offense became too predictable and teams were stacking the box and holding Leonard to shorter runs. That has to improve. We need to allow more diversity in the play calling on 3rd and short. We constantly ran it up the middle in these situations, over and over with mixed results. I'd expect the addition of Norwell to improve our chances greatly in the same situations, but we also need to mix in a few new calls. In the playoff game against the Pats, Fournette had a couple of nice runs on sweeps behind the LT, but we seemed to abandon that strategy in favor of going straight up the gut. By the end of the game, this was not working at all. We also had some big plays when throwing screen passes to Corey Grant, but again, this type of play calling was rarely used. I'm not saying we need to throw it deep, but we could mix in some safe, yet diverse plays instead of predictably using the power running game over and over in the same situations. In the long run, it should make us a better team and could prolong the career of Fournette.

(07-26-2018, 08:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 04:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just read Gil Brandt thinks Leonard Fournette will rush for a league leading 15 TDs this season. He had 9 rushing TDs last season in just 13 games. Fournette was 3rd overall in red zone rushing.

Dude is a beast.

Fournette improved this offense greatly last year, but late in the season, this offense became too predictable and teams were stacking the box and holding Leonard to shorter runs. That has to improve. We need to allow more diversity in the play calling on 3rd and short. We constantly ran it up the middle in these situations, over and over with mixed results. I'd expect the addition of Norwell to improve our chances greatly in the same situations, but we also need to mix in a few new calls. In the playoff game against the Pats, Fournette had a couple of nice runs on sweeps behind the LT, but we seemed to abandon that strategy in favor of going straight up the gut. By the end of the game, this was not working at all. We also had some big plays when throwing screen passes to Corey Grant, but again, this type of play calling was rarely used. I'm not saying we need to throw it deep, but we could mix in some safe, yet diverse plays instead of predictably using the power running game over and over in the same situations. In the long run, it should make us a better team and could prolong the career of Fournette.

Totally agree with one caveat.  I want to see a couple of games where the first play from scrimmage is a play action with Foutnette to the 3 or 5 hole and then a deep pass to Chark or Westbrook.  You want to loosen the defense up you gotta make that deep ball a viable threat.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-06-2018, 11:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:33 AM)JNev Wrote: Well my issue is the ambiguity. One of the how many best? I think it’s easy to make a case for him as currently a top 7 RB in the league

RBs I rate higher than Fournette atm : Gurley , David Johnson, Bell, Zeke , Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, Freeman,  Lesean McCoy.   

Gurley, Johnson, Bell
OK
Zeke? Meeeehhh.... he didn't run as well last year when he came back from suspension... didn't play up to his rookie year/hype at all. Wasn't a fan of his coming out of OSU tbh. Pass
Ingram? He's so old now, perhaps had his best season by limiting his snap count. Pass
Howard? Huh?
Freeman? Huh?
McCoy? OK... I could give you this. Cept he likes to beat up women, so pass lol

Hunt and Kamara, sure... these guys weren't supposed to be that good though. Kamara I think could be really special.
One guy you left out that could arguably be a better RB is Melvin Gordon.
And I kinda agree with you on Barkley but not Chubb or Guice (which both are a peg under LF coming out, hence their draft positions)

I wasn't a fan (and still am not really) of taking a RB so high. But it worked out well for us and there are only 4 or 5 RBs I would definitely take over Fournette.
And a handful of them have been at the top of the league for a couple years now.