Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LF27, 2018

I see Fournette as being a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, and a little bit wiser next season. Scheming with an OL tailored to make his holes just a little bit bigger, I predict he'll surpass 1200 yards. I hope he doesn't lose that post-hit tenacity which seemed to infect the rest of the offense. He's well on his way to ensconcing himself as a team leader and a face of the franchise.

Btw, All this talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda in the draft is senseless. I've never seen the logic in parsing that which cannot be changed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I also think we would have been jjuuuuuuuuuuuust fine with another year of a 450 yard leading rusher, with Blake being within shouting distance.

We didn't need to do anything to change our stellar run game from the last few year.

The Jaguars didn't goof. They picked the best player that fit our biggest need.

Go look at Ivory's rush total from 2016. Then go look at Yeldon's.

Then pour you a glass of orange juice, and stretch your neck....then look at Fournette's, while missing 2 games, and being a rookie.

Leonard Fournette changed our entire offense. No other rookie in the league effected their team more than Fournette.

We went from Bums on offense to Top 10. Mercedes Lewis at TE, Hurns and Arob hurt. Bortles didn't turn the ball over but Fournette moved that pile to keep drives alive.

lol people doubting the pick. Leonard Fournette is the offense. Teams that play the Jags gameplan is stop 27 first.

(03-03-2018, 09:42 PM)Thaveaseat Wrote: lol people doubting the pick. Leonard Fournette is the offense. Teams that play the Jags gameplan is stop 27 first.

You just don’t understand every 2nd & 3rd rd RB is guaranteed to be the ROY. Picking later rd RBs is so easy

(03-03-2018, 11:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My prediction is he'll run with the ball a lot.

I predict he will run without the ball some, too.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(03-04-2018, 12:04 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My prediction is he'll run with the ball a lot.

I predict he will run without the ball some, too.

Only to the beer tent. 

Wait, that's me.

(03-03-2018, 06:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So last year when we drafted Leonard we pretty much all wanted him. There were a few that said he was slow, then he recorded the fastest run vs Pittsburgh. A few said he needed "steam" but he wiggled his way to 1040 yards rushing...while missing a couple of games. Some said he couldn't play out of the shotgun,  but he ended up being the glue of our offense, racking up 9 rushing TDs.

So next year should be huge for Fournette. I hope he runs wild. I'm predicting something in the neighborhood of 1300 yards and 13 TDs.

What are your early predictions for LF

I predict he will continue doing that spin move. When he misses three games with the same old foot injury I will mention the spin move might be causing it and everybody will reply LOL.

(03-03-2018, 11:46 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 09:42 PM)Thaveaseat Wrote: lol people doubting the pick. Leonard Fournette is the offense. Teams that play the Jags gameplan is stop 27 first.

You just don’t understand every 2nd & 3rd rd RB is guaranteed to be the ROY. Picking later rd RBs is so easy
It’s actually pretty easy.

You think the Cowboys regret taking Zeke over Ramsey?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 09:06 AM by haveaseat.)

(03-04-2018, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:46 PM)JNev Wrote: You just don’t understand every 2nd & 3rd rd RB is guaranteed to be the ROY. Picking later rd RBs is so easy

lol, its easy. For every Kamara or Hunt there are numerous backs drafted that never go anywhere.
Only because it's Ramsey who is potentially the best corner in the league. There was no one even close to LF's skill level at pick 4. It also filled a need.

I don't at all regret drafting 4Net. Heck, we led the league in rushing much of the year with him doing the bulk of the work.

I know they didn't finish in the AFCC, but watching that first half was like watching one of the 4Net's college games when he was dominating. I thought for sure he was about to break the AFCC wide open if only they were able to keep it up in the second half, but the Pats managed to clamp down hard after halftime.

I truly excited to see what he does this year especially with more help up front. You can tell after the season that he just wasn't quite satisfied, and with his work ethic, you can bet he's putting in a little extra this offseason.
'02

(03-04-2018, 09:05 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s actually pretty easy.

lol, its easy. For every Kamara or Hunt there are numerous backs drafted that never go anywhere.
Only because it's Ramsey who is potentially the best corner in the league. There was no one even close to LF's skill level at pick 4. It also filled a need.
Fournette and Smoot or Lattimore and Hunt? Or OJ Howard and Hunt? 

These are all hypotheticals but the RB position is being devalued because you can find RBs throughout the draft. Last years RB class was touted as one of the best ever. It’s not that people dislike Fournette because we all like him but there were going to be good RBs available after round 1.

2nd/3rd rd RBs in 2016: Kenyan Drake, Derrick Henry, and C.J. Prosise
2015: TJ Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, and Matt Jones
2014: Bishop Sankey, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Charles Sims, Tre Mason, Terrance West, Dri Archer, and Jerick McKinnon

Seems like a really really mixed bag with a terrible bust rate. We just have decency bias that it’s so easy

(03-04-2018, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:46 PM)JNev Wrote: You just don’t understand every 2nd & 3rd rd RB is guaranteed to be the ROY. Picking later rd RBs is so easy

Honestly? I don't think they do. They're probably having some similar conversations as we are here on Fournette, but I doubt they REGRET it. Zeke is far from a bust.

You can wonder if a different player may have been better, but unless your pick is a colossal bust, there shouldn't be much regret.

Zeke was a first team All Pro as a rookie and their offense flows through him, much like LF. Hard to regret that pick.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-04-2018, 10:33 AM)JNev Wrote: 2nd/3rd rd RBs in 2016: Kenyan Drake, Derrick Henry, and C.J. Prosise
2015: TJ Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, and Matt Jones
2014: Bishop Sankey, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Charles Sims, Tre Mason, Terrance West, Dri Archer, and Jerick McKinnon

Seems like a really really mixed bag with a terrible bust rate. We just have decency bias that it’s so easy

That's all well and good, but the draft experts on the board here are far smarter than any, maybe all, NFL GM and personnel people.

We idiots who revel in the team's running game complete turn around are short-sighted buffoons who don't know BAP versus BOP.  

Clearly the team is drying their tears of regret with the mock drafts that prove they are fools.

(03-04-2018, 02:49 PM)nate Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 10:33 AM)JNev Wrote: 2nd/3rd rd RBs in 2016: Kenyan Drake, Derrick Henry, and C.J. Prosise

That's all well and good, but the draft experts on the board here are far smarter than any, maybe all, NFL GM and personnel people.

We idiots who revel in the team's running game complete turn around are short-sighted buffoons who don't know BAP versus BOP.  

Clearly the team is drying their tears of regret with the mock drafts that prove they are fools.

As much as I like fournette, I’d still rather have Mahomes playing on his rookie deal in 2018 with A-Rob re-signed and A couple of 4th round backs competing for the job this year. It would be cheaper and probably better overall. 

The Jags offense should be just fine With Blake and Fournette though.  Especially if they do what’s needed at X receiver, OG and TE.

I’m unsure why many can’t see it working out successfully with or without #27. More than one way to skin a cat.

(03-04-2018, 09:05 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s actually pretty easy.

The difference in production between backs selected in the first and backs selected in the 2nd and 3rd is minimal. The main difference is opportunity.

(03-04-2018, 04:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 09:05 AM)haveaseat Wrote: lol, its easy. For every Kamara or Hunt there are numerous backs drafted that never go anywhere.

The difference in production between backs selected in the first and backs selected in the 2nd and 3rd is minimal. The main difference is opportunity.

Might want to refer to my post (#33) 80% of those guys would still suck if they got the exact same opportunity as Leonard did this year

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 04:51 PM by JackCity.)

(03-04-2018, 04:35 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 04:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: The difference in production between backs selected in the first and backs selected in the 2nd and 3rd is minimal. The main difference is opportunity.

Might want to refer to my post (#33) 80% of those guys would still suck if they got the exact same opportunity as Leonard did this year

Unfortunately there is no way to prove this. What we do have is concrete evidence of RBs selected in the 2nd and 3rd having similar production when given the opportunity to do so over the last 10+ years.  

The hit rate is of course higher in the first (same as every position). 

Run game production is more about the Oline and opportunity than it is about difference in talent between 1st and mid round backs.

Add all of that onto the fact that RB is the least valuable position on offense or defense. That's why running backs are bad value early draft wise. If they can contribute a lot in the pass game it increases their value but still overall not good

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 05:39 PM by haveaseat.)

(03-04-2018, 04:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 04:35 PM)JNev Wrote: Might want to refer to my post (#33) 80% of those guys would still suck if they got the exact same opportunity as Leonard did this year

Run game production is more about the Oline and opportunity than it is about difference in talent between 1st and mid round backs.

Go ahead and tell Barkley that when he's gonna be a top 3 pick. He's the best athlete in this draft and it's not even close.