Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amuk...yeah idk how to spell it.

He was outright OWNED by Crabtree yesterday...I'm just surprised nobody has mentioned this.  Unless somebody did.  If so, delete, merge or discuss.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It wasn't good, but it wasn't OWNED either. Well timed and accurate slants and digs are incredibly hard to stop, and that's what most of the receptions were. Prince had fine coverage on the deep ball, Carr just threw a perfect dime. It's the NFL, sometimes opposing offenses are allowed to make good plays without it necessarily being bad play from our guys. 

Tons of good corners have been beaten far, far worse. 

He gave too much fusion on two of those comeback routes that converted important third downs, but yeah, the deep ball really was a great throw and #21 was just a split second late getting his hand in to (attempt to) break it up. Not bad coverage on the big one really. 

He should have been more aware of the sticks on those third downs though, IMO. 

I can't knock him. That was his only really bad game so far on defense this year. I am overly focused on how terrible this offense is this year to really give the defense too much grief. It's the defense that's been keeping these games somewhat contestable this year.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I can't blame Prince on some of those plays. Carr made some amazing throws and Crabtree was just on point and has been this whole season.

Could the coaches not come up with some sort of adjustment to help Prince? Maybe try putting Ramsey on him and Prince on Cooper

His name is easy to spell: Amukamara. Greg Gumbel mispronounced it at one point.

I kept wondering if Jalen Ramsey should have been covering Michael Crabtree because Prince Amukamara was getting burned all day. It was like Davon House covering DeAndre Hopkins last year though, not making stupid mistakes.

Youre not the only one who doesnt know how to spell it.

[Image: amuak.jpg]

OMG how did the Jaguars get two letters mixed up?

Prince Amuk....Amuka.....Amuka not going to work here anymore.

Quote:It wasn't good, but it wasn't OWNED either. Well timed and accurate slants and digs are incredibly hard to stop, and that's what most of the receptions were. Prince had fine coverage on the deep ball, Carr just threw a perfect dime. It's the NFL, sometimes opposing offenses are allowed to make good plays without it necessarily being bad play from our guys. 

Tons of good corners have been beaten far, far worse. 
This.  Prince wasn't great by any means, but he wasn't terrible.

Quote:This.  Prince wasn't great by any means, but he wasn't terrible.

Some people don't know how to give credit to the offensive player when they say the CB was bad.

Quote:Some people don't know how to give credit to the offensive player when they say the CB was bad.

Can a WR and his covering CB both have good games? I dont think so.

Quote:Some people don't know how to give credit to the offensive player when they say the CB was bad.

Did Amari Cooper have a good game?

Quote:Can a WR and his covering CB both have good games? I dont think so.

I never said Prince had a good game.

Quote:Prince Amuk....Amuka.....Amuka not going to work here anymore.

LOL.  That's one of my all time favorite movies.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I never said Prince had a good game.

Because that would make you a liar. He had an awful game.

Carr had 200 yards passing. I'll take it

Amukamara is a ok CB, and we definitely dont have anyone better to replace him with.

Quote:Carr had 200 yards passing. I'll take it

Being happy with allowing 200 yards is a sign of low expectations for our supposedly good defense that held Aaron Rodgers to 199.

He's better than House