Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 NFL free agent wide receivers

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Assuming ARob walks and potentially Lee I believe Coughlin and Dave will look to sign a vet WR in addition to drafting a developmental guy. Needless to say the list looks pretty underwhelming initially outside of the top guys but there are still some guys here with potential who could be worth exploring in the second wave of free agency. 

My list of guys to consider:

Paul Richardson 
Terrelle Pryor
Taylor Gabriel
John Brown
TJ Jones
Jordan Matthews
Michael Floyd (assuming his head is on straight)
Jeff Janis
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sammy Watkins please

(03-06-2018, 04:54 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Sammy Watkins please

I intentionally left Watkins off this list assuming he’s going to be commanding a top tier deal vs a more moderately priced deal like the other guys. If the team is willing to go after him though I surely would mind Watkins in a Jags uni.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

That list sucks so bad, just bring everybody back Caldwell/Coughlin at all cost so the Jags can make another run at a AFC Championship, hype up the fans, and then get bounced.

This

(03-06-2018, 04:59 PM)knarnn Wrote:

I intentionally left Watkins off this list assuming he’s going to be commanding a top tier deal vs a more moderately priced deal like the other guys. If the team is willing to go after him though I surely would mind Watkins in a Jags uni.

I don't think he will command a top tier deal.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...tkSa00.htm

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-06-2018, 05:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 04:59 PM)knarnn Wrote: I intentionally left Watkins off this list assuming he’s going to be commanding a top tier deal vs a more moderately priced deal like the other guys. If the team is willing to go after him though I surely would mind Watkins in a Jags uni.

I don't think he will command a top tier deal.

I’m thinking something along the lines of 8-10 million per year average.

(03-06-2018, 06:03 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 05:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't think he will command a top tier deal.

I’m thinking something along the lines of 8-10 million per year average.

That sounds right to me.

Even if it's at the high end of that spectrum, it should be a lot less than what ARob is commanding/trying to command.

(03-06-2018, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: I’m thinking something along the lines of 8-10 million per year average.

That sounds right to me.

Even if it's at the high end of that spectrum, it should be a lot less than what ARob is commanding/trying to command.

Totally agree. 

I would like to mention I consider a middle tier deal something along the lines of what Hurns signed for and an upper level deal anything in that 10-15 mill+ range. 

Watkins should be a target of ours but I have a feeling the team may be wary of him considering his injury history. I’m sure they would want some injury protection built in the contract. That may be a deal breaker out in the open market.

I like Moncrief but I don;t think he fits here. It's Watkins or bust for me. Although I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Pryor actually

I don't see any FA receiver worth signing.

None of these guys are that great why not keep robinson. Watkins is not as good and hes more injury prone.
No Fun

Arob too expensive. He's arguably not the best guy on that list and will cost 4 or 5 million more than the next best guy, AND he's coming off injury. No thanks.

If we got Pryor for cheap I'd take a chance on him

(03-06-2018, 06:27 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That sounds right to me.

Totally agree. 

I would like to mention I consider a middle tier deal something along the lines of what Hurns signed for and an upper level deal anything in that 10-15 mill+ range. 

Watkins should be a target of ours but I have a feeling the team may be wary of him considering his injury history. I’m sure they would want some injury protection built in the contract. That may be a deal breaker out in the open market.

But that's the gag!  Watkins has missed fewer games to injury than ARob.

He's had two down seasons after a good 2015, but I would like to see Donte Moncrief get another shot. He has the ability, but needs to stay healthy. I think McCardell can help him be more consistent.

What worries me about Moncrief is that his one good year was Luck's good year. Was he just a product of him?

Trash Heap.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Matthews is my preference if Robinson is let go.

Donte Moncrief would be my choice of the available receivers. Big, fast, athletic, and still only 24.