Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 NFL free agent wide receivers

Paul Richardson. I don't see why this guy hasn't gotten more recognition. Probably because Doug Baldwin over shadows him. But I've been paying attention to him. High points the ball, gets open deep, one handed catches, great at 50/50 balls l, wrestles the ball away from defenders, gets good YAC. If Robinson goes, I feel like this guy should be considered. I'm not saying he's a number 1 receiver, but he appears to be able to do a lot of the things  that Robinson can, but without the injury to recover from. Check some highlights in the below link

https://youtu.be/39Zv-8xo4Dc

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2018, 04:30 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Paul Richardson. I don't see why this guy hasn't gotten more recognition. Probably because Doug Baldwin over shadows him. But I've been paying attention to him. High points the ball, gets open deep, one handed catches, great at 50/50 balls l, wrestles the ball away from defenders, gets good YAC. If Robinson goes, I feel like this guy should be considered. I'm not saying he's a number 1 receiver, but he appears to be able to do a lot of the things  that Robinson can, but without the injury to recover from. Check some highlights in the below link

I don't know about YAC, as he goes down quick, but some of those grabs are fantastic. I love the way he pulls the ball to his body quickly which enables him to make catches even when being interfered with. Only issue is, he doesn't actually appear to have very good hands. Its like he is good at juggling, which raises concerns of turnovers.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags showing interest in Sammy Watkins. I wonder if something like 3 yr/30 mil would do it. Win win contract for both sides.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I see the Bears only put the original pick tag on Cam Meredith (he was a UDFA) that's someone I'd keep an eye on for sure. If we're going the cheapo route at WR he could be a reasonable Arob big WR facsimile that we need.

Not a fan of any of those receivers. Whole lot of trash/meh.

Only receiver I'd consider is Taylor Gabriel but I think we need a bigger receiver with Arob gone.

(03-12-2018, 05:26 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jags showing interest in Sammy Watkins. I wonder if something like 3 yr/30 mil would do it. Win win contract for both sides.

How is that a win for us? He's been a disappointment for years.

(03-12-2018, 07:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 05:26 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jags showing interest in Sammy Watkins. I wonder if something like 3 yr/30 mil would do it. Win win contract for both sides.

How is that a win for us? He's been a disappointment for years.

Stat lines are similar to Arob. And he's had trash at QB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-12-2018, 07:39 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How is that a win for us? He's been a disappointment for years.

Stat lines are similar to Arob. And he's had trash at QB.

And we let ARob walk, because he was a disappointment as well. No need to overpay FA WR's. There are plenty of good ones in the draft to compliment what we have.

(03-12-2018, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:39 PM)knarnn Wrote: Stat lines are similar to Arob. And he's had trash at QB.

And we let ARob walk, because he was a disappointment as well. No need to overpay FA WR's. There are plenty of good ones in the draft to compliment what we have.

If that's your takeaway from us (likely) letting ARob go, I don't know what to tell you.

(03-12-2018, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:39 PM)knarnn Wrote: Stat lines are similar to Arob. And he's had trash at QB.

We are letting Arob walk because of his contract demands. If he were willing to sign a deal averaging 10 mil a year he probably would've been signed weeks ago.

(03-12-2018, 07:43 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And we let ARob walk, because he was a disappointment as well. No need to overpay FA WR's. There are plenty of good ones in the draft to compliment what we have.

We are letting Arob walk because of his contract demands. If he were willing to sign a deal averaging 10 mil a year he probably would've been signed weeks ago.

At this point, ARob is worth no more than $7 million per year. Maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay him more than that, but I wouldn't give him a penny over $7 million per.

My 2 favorites would be Jordan Mathews and Donte Moncrief. Either guy would not be expensive and both have a lot of talent. Why take Watkins with his injury history at the high price he will command? Part of the reason they didn't re-sign AROB was the injury so why would they consider Watkins? Sign 1 of these 2 and add a draft pick in the 1st 3 rounds. Let Lee go unless he comes cheap and re-do Hurns' contract or let him go, also.

(03-12-2018, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:43 PM)knarnn Wrote: We are letting Arob walk because of his contract demands. If he were willing to sign a deal averaging 10 mil a year he probably would've been signed weeks ago.

At this point, ARob is worth no more than $7 million per year. Maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay him more than that, but I wouldn't give him a penny over $7 million per.

Oh he's *worth* much more than that. As will be evidenced by his deal.   Bare in mind guys like Kenny Stills makes 8 per year and signed a few years ago.

Yeah.

I'd have been cool with the Jags offering him around 11.5 mil per year and I'm confident he'll get more than that elsewhere.

(03-06-2018, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: I’m thinking something along the lines of 8-10 million per year average.

That sounds right to me.

Even if it's at the high end of that spectrum, it should be a lot less than what ARob is commanding/trying to command.

I'm not sure how they know this already, but ARob is reportedly signing with the Bears for $14 mil per over 3 years.
'02

(03-09-2018, 02:04 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 04:30 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Paul Richardson. I don't see why this guy hasn't gotten more recognition. Probably because Doug Baldwin over shadows him. But I've been paying attention to him. High points the ball, gets open deep, one handed catches, great at 50/50 balls l, wrestles the ball away from defenders, gets good YAC. If Robinson goes, I feel like this guy should be considered. I'm not saying he's a number 1 receiver, but he appears to be able to do a lot of the things  that Robinson can, but without the injury to recover from. Check some highlights in the below link

I don't know about YAC, as he goes down quick, but some of those grabs are fantastic. I love the way he pulls the ball to his body quickly which enables him to make catches even when being interfered with. Only issue is, he doesn't actually appear to have very good hands. Its like he is good at juggling, which raises concerns of turnovers.

He has excellent hands from what I've seen as a Washington state resident. The balls that he bobbled were on there to show how great his concentration is.  He's an underrated WR that I can totally see us taking a shot at. 
'02

(03-13-2018, 11:03 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That sounds right to me.

Even if it's at the high end of that spectrum, it should be a lot less than what ARob is commanding/trying to command.

I'm not sure how they know this already, but ARob is reportedly signing with the Bears for $14 mil per over 3 years.
It's all over twitter.

(03-06-2018, 04:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Assuming ARob walks and potentially Lee I believe Coughlin and Dave will look to sign a vet WR in addition to drafting a developmental guy. Needless to say the list looks pretty underwhelming initially outside of the top guys but there are still some guys here with potential who could be worth exploring in the second wave of free agency. 

My list of guys to consider:

Paul Richardson - 16.0
Terrelle Pryor - 12.0
Taylor Gabriel - 11.5
John Brown - 14.2
TJ Jones - 13.3
Jordan Matthews - 11.3
Michael Floyd (assuming his head is on straight) - 7.8
Jeff Janis - 6.0

Since we're looking for deep catch ability, I put their 2017 yards per catch after their names.

ARob averaged 14 yards per catch in his career. From this list, only John Brown and Paul Richardson compare with as much.

Here's a quick study on John Brown whose speed and ball tracking ability compare well to ARob...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwejpYUCyT8

'02

Moncrief is unspoiled as a WR. He barely got targeted since he got there. I would love to get him.

(03-08-2018, 08:45 AM)ATLjag Wrote: He's had two down seasons after a good 2015, but I would like to see Donte Moncrief get another shot.  He has the ability, but needs to stay healthy.  I think McCardell can help him be more consistent.

bump....