Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DJ Mock Draft 2.0

If the draft fell like this who would you take?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...to-take-qb

Would love to trade back in this scenario to get an extra 2nd or 3rd.  If I stayed put I would take Billy Price or Frank Ragnow.  A really good WR or TE will be sitting there when we pick in the 2nd and probably 3rd too

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mayfield to Baltimore? Anyone really think there is a snowballs chance that happens?

I’d take Sutton, Gesicki, Wynn, Hurst, Rudolph or maybe Kolton Miller

(03-06-2018, 11:32 PM)JNev Wrote: Mayfield to Baltimore? Anyone really think there is a snowballs chance that happens?

If he's there...yes I could.

Yes, Baltimore just missed the playoffs, and they have to find a young pass rusher.  Suggs can't excel forever.

Yes, the Ravens could use a TE and a WR as well.

But Flacco IS 33 years old, and he has been battling some injuries.  He didn't exactly have a great year.

I say it's better to have a plan of succession at QB when you have a thirty something QB on your roster (80's 49ers with Montana and Young and 2005 Packers with Favre and Rodgers), as opposed to waiting until he's completely finished and then trying to find that passer (Arizona).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 10:41 AM by JNev.)

(03-07-2018, 09:04 AM)HBullseye Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 11:32 PM)JNev Wrote: Mayfield to Baltimore? Anyone really think there is a snowballs chance that happens?

If he's there...yes I could.

Yes, Baltimore just missed the playoffs, and they have to find a young pass rusher.  Suggs can't excel forever.

Yes, the Ravens could use a TE and a WR as well.

But Flacco IS 33 years old, and he has been battling some injuries.  He didn't exactly have a great year.

I say it's better to have a plan of succession at QB when you have a thirty something QB on your roster (80's 49ers with Montana and Young and 2005 Packers with Favre and Rodgers), as opposed to waiting until he's completely finished and then trying to find that passer (Arizona).

$29 million dead cap if they cut Flacco this year. $16 million dead cap if they cut him next year. 26.5 million cap hit if they don’t cut him and keep him on as a “backup”. Zero percent chance. Flacco sucks but they dug their own grave with this contract

Kolton Miller? He's strictly a LT, and we have Cam.

'02

(03-06-2018, 08:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the draft fell like this who would you take?

Would love to trade back in this scenario to get an extra 2nd or 3rd.  If I stayed put I would take Billy Price or Frank Ragnow.  A really good WR or TE will be sitting there when we pick in the 2nd and probably 3rd too

I'd take Isaiah Wynn or else a TE or WR.
'02

(03-07-2018, 12:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Kolton Miller? He's strictly a LT, and we have Cam.

What could possibly make someone capable of playing LT but completely incapable of playing RT?

(03-07-2018, 12:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the draft fell like this who would you take?

I'd take Isaiah Wynn or else a TE or WR.
I like Wynn but I just don't think he fits what we want to do with the power scheme

(03-07-2018, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 12:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd take Isaiah Wynn or else a TE or WR.
I like Wynn but I just don't think he fits what we want to do with the power scheme

I agree with this.

If we did more pulling and trapping with our OLs then I'd be all for it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I actually like Hurst at this spot. He's the consensus number 1 tight end right now and Bortles will need someone to replace AROB as his security blanket. Maybe Hurst can be that guy.

(03-07-2018, 06:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I actually like Hurst at this spot. He's the consensus number 1 tight end right now and Bortles will need someone to replace AROB as his security blanket. Maybe Hurst can be that guy.

Hurst the consensus #1 TE? News to me.

(03-07-2018, 06:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 06:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I actually like Hurst at this spot. He's the consensus number 1 tight end right now and Bortles will need someone to replace AROB as his security blanket. Maybe Hurst can be that guy.

Hurst the consensus #1 TE? News to me.

Actually, you are correct about this. The "experts" seem to equally favor Goedert, Andrews, Gesicki and Hurst. However, I do believe Hurst will make the biggest impact initially of the 4. He seems the most well-rounded of the group. Gesicki just can't block and Goedert will have to adjust to the huge difference in talent he will face on defense. Andrews would be my 2nd choice due to his red-zone skills. I tend to respect the opinions of Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock the most and Jeremiah does like Hurst the most.

(03-07-2018, 08:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 06:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hurst the consensus #1 TE? News to me.

Actually, you are correct about this. The "experts" seem to equally favor Goedert, Andrews, Gesicki and Hurst. However, I do believe Hurst will make the biggest impact initially of the 4. He seems the most well-rounded of the group. Gesicki just can't block and Goedert will have to adjust to the huge difference in talent he will face on defense. Andrews would be my 2nd choice due to his red-zone skills. I tend to respect the opinions of Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock the most and Jeremiah does like Hurst the most.

I don't disagree with the reasoning at all. Can see a world where Hurst is the safest pick out of these 4.  For me the issue is I'd also safely say he has the lowest ceiling for me and if I'm taking a tight end in round 1/2 I want the best one I can. 

Could definitely see the Jaguars applying your thinking and talking him in the 2nd.

(03-07-2018, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 08:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Actually, you are correct about this. The "experts" seem to equally favor Goedert, Andrews, Gesicki and Hurst. However, I do believe Hurst will make the biggest impact initially of the 4. He seems the most well-rounded of the group. Gesicki just can't block and Goedert will have to adjust to the huge difference in talent he will face on defense. Andrews would be my 2nd choice due to his red-zone skills. I tend to respect the opinions of Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock the most and Jeremiah does like Hurst the most.

I don't disagree with the reasoning at all. Can see a world where Hurst is the safest pick out of these 4.  For me the issue is I'd also safely say he has the lowest ceiling for me and if I'm taking a tight end in round 1/2 I want the best one I can. 

Could definitely see the Jaguars applying your thinking and talking him in the 2nd.

Of all the names at TE, Hurst is one I just can't see making it to our 2nd round pick.

Looking at these names you have Gesicki who is basically a big WR and doesn't block, Goedert who looks great blocking but is only average receiving by comparison to the other three, and then Hurst who can both block and catch impressively. Andrews has to work on his blocking but can certainly do both as well, but his medical red flag might push him to our late round two pick. I'm personally fine with Hurst at #29 because he does it all and has Jacksonville ties that make him endearing. 

'02

(03-07-2018, 08:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't disagree with the reasoning at all. Can see a world where Hurst is the safest pick out of these 4.  For me the issue is I'd also safely say he has the lowest ceiling for me and if I'm taking a tight end in round 1/2 I want the best one I can. 

Of all the names at TE, Hurst is one I just can't see making it to our 2nd round pick.

Looking at these names you have Gesicki who is basically a big WR and doesn't block,
Goedert who looks great blocking but is only average receiving by comparison to the other three, and then Hurst who can both block and catch impressively. Andrews has to work on his blocking but can certainly do both as well, but his medical red flag might push him to our late round two pick. I'm personally fine with Hurst at #29 because he does it all and has Jacksonville ties that make him endearing. 

How do you figure this?  He makes highlight catches like nothing and had over 1100 yards and over 7 TDs in back to back years.  The only knock on him is the competition he played against but there have been great players come out of the smaller colleges.  He was also the strongest TE at the combine

(03-07-2018, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 08:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Looking at these names you have Gesicki who is basically a big WR and doesn't block,
Goedert who looks great blocking but is only average receiving by comparison to the other three, and then Hurst who can both block and catch impressively. Andrews has to work on his blocking but can certainly do both as well, but his medical red flag might push him to our late round two pick. I'm personally fine with Hurst at #29 because he does it all and has Jacksonville ties that make him endearing. 

How do you figure this?  He makes highlight catches like nothing and had over 1100 yards and over 7 TDs in back to back years.  The only knock on him is the competition he played against but there have been great players come out of the smaller colleges.  He was also the strongest TE at the combine

Keep in mind I'm strictly saying by comparison to Hurst, Gesicki and Andrews by what I see from their highlights, although I hadn't looked at their stats.

Now that I see their stats, Goedert is insane. I might have to re-think him if he's there at #29.

'02