Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump and Kim Jong Un to Meet

Does The Don have the Nobel Peace Prize in his future? This is uuuuuuge.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump: I hate you I hate you I hate you
Kim Jong: You wanna go out on a date?
Trump: Yes Yes Yes

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 10:16 AM by homebiscuit.)

(03-09-2018, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does The Don have the Nobel Peace Prize in his future? This is uuuuuuge.

Political bias has undermined the integrity of the NPP. Obama received one simply for breathing.

(03-09-2018, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does The Don have the Nobel Peace Prize in his future? This is uuuuuuge.
You're Trump pictures must all be stuck together by now....

Kim: Lower your flags and march straight back to America, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for 70 years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Trump: No

Kim: SEE HE DOESN'T WANT PEACE! WE MADE A GOOD FAITH EFFORT TO NEGOTIATE BUT HE REFUSES EVEN THE MOST BASIC CONCESSIONS!!!!

American Media Headline: Trump Moves Us Closer to WW3
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Left MSM has no idea how to spin this. It is hilarious to watch.

(03-09-2018, 11:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Left MSM has no idea how to spin this. It is hilarious to watch.

You seem obsessed with how the MSW will treat your boyfriend. Just like Trump!

Anyway, perhaps some good will come of this, although there sure doesn't seem to have been much prep work done.

Why was a meeting of an American president announced by S. Korea on the White House driveway? Weird.

And haven't we seen this movie before? I though all you "small government conservatives/nationalists" were against sanctions and negotiations when done by Clinton and Bush and Obama. Oh, that's right. You were being phony then. Or now.

Let's hope for the best. At least Trump will get plenty of air time. Which I think is the main point.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

After all of Trumps staffers got fired or resigned, I think he may be just looking for a new buddy to play golf with.

(03-09-2018, 02:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: After all of Trumps staffers got fired or resigned, I think he may be just looking for a new buddy to play golf with.

And they will have shot a combined 36 for the round.

Jokes aside, I hope some good comes from this. I'm not confident either of these two windbags will be able to do anything productive but it would certainly be good for the rest of the worlds

I'll say this about the situation: Trump is probably the only president who could go to North Korea without committing political suicide. In that regard it's a lot like Nixon going to China in 1972, any other president who did what Nixon did would have been instantly labelled a Communist but because of Nixon's reputation he could make that trip without his reputation being tarnished. Regardless of in with regard you currently hold Trump's reputation, this trip isn't going to make anyone question it.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 05:25 PM by The Real Marty.)

Well, hold the phone, now he's apparently not going.  He's trying to back out.  

Press Sec. Sanders on talks with North Korea: "The president will not have the meeting without seeing concrete steps and concrete actions take place by North Korea."

Whoops.  An hour later, an unnamed White House official has said that despite what Sanders said, the invitation has been offered and accepted.   Whatever that means. 

It sounds like there might be some internal dissension in the White House over this.

Only Nixon could go to China.

This has the potential to go very, very bad.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 08:58 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(03-09-2018, 08:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This has the potential to go very, very bad.

Like Bush barfing on the Japanese Premier bad?

This has a huge potential for big laughs. Maybe they can do selfies holding their big red buttons and pretending to nuke each other. Then Trump pulls a switcheroo and Kim ends up nuking Sweden. They they eat some cold noodles to celebrate.

(03-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 08:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This has the potential to go very, very bad.

Like Bush barfing on the Japanese Premier bad?  

This has a huge potential for big laughs.  Maybe they can do selfies holding their big red buttons and pretending to nuke each other.  Then Trump pulls a switcheroo and Kim ends up nuking Sweden.  They they eat some cold noodles to celebrate.

This is not some comedy skit. You have two narcissistic blowhards who hate each other and have insulted one another in a room together. Both run entire countries and wield a lot of power. Neither one have filters and just blurt out what they are thinking without any consequences and the one from North Korea is known for having anyone who goes against him, assassinated. This has disaster written all over it.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 08:07 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-09-2018, 10:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Like Bush barfing on the Japanese Premier bad?  

This has a huge potential for big laughs.  Maybe they can do selfies holding their big red buttons and pretending to nuke each other.  Then Trump pulls a switcheroo and Kim ends up nuking Sweden.  They they eat some cold noodles to celebrate.

This is not some comedy skit. You have two narcissistic blowhards who hate each other and have insulted one another in a room together. Both run entire countries and wield a lot of power. Neither one have filters and just blurt out what they are thinking without any consequences and the one from North Korea is known for having anyone who goes against him, assassinated. This has disaster written all over it.

Trump only attacks people on Twitter.  When he's actually with the other person, he rolls out the flattery like a simpering little girl.  Look at all the people he's attacked on Twitter, and contrast that to how he acts when he's actually in their presence.   I'd bet Kim Jong Un is the exact same way.  That's why I have very little fear that one of them could get mad at the other during these meetings.  

It's what happens after the meetings that will be the problem, because Trump has the habit of shooting from the hip and leaving his aides to sort things out afterwards.  A perfect example is this meeting itself.  Trump talks to the South Koreans and immediately agrees to the meeting, and then a day later, some of his aides are trying to back him out of it, because it goes against 50 years of American policy, that we will not meet directly with North Korea for some reason.   The guy flip flops like a tuna that's just been pulled out of the ocean.   The problem is, he came into office without knowledge or convictions about policy issues.  So his aides try to guide him like a mother trying to guide a 2 year old child. 

I hope they have the meeting, without any preconditions or expectations, and I hope it's just a meeting where Trump follows a very limited script and agrees to further talks, and then lets the professional negotiators hammer out the details without Trump flip flopping around just screwing things up. 

I'd hope the hosts of Fox and Friends bone up on foreign policy and North Korea, and then put it out in bite sized chunks so Trump will absorb some of it.

It is funny watching some of you squirm at the mere thought of Trumps accomplishments thus far as POTUS.

Don't worry though, they have several clinical trials for TDS waiting for FDA approval.

Sad how some of you have such hate that you can’t help but show ignorance toward a historic event. You should step back and holster the Trump hate while looking at the big picture. This has the potential to actually end a war and bring some stabilization to the area. This is just one talk of many that should take place absent of cronyism interference; face to face. Keep in mind, this isn’t a negotiation meeting. No sitting President has ever met or talked on the phone with a North Korean leader. Bet your [BLEEP] if this was anyone but Trump there would be 24/7 news on it and a call for new national holiday! Nothing wrong with a little hope and approval regardless of your disdain.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

A recent study showed that 91% of the MSM coverage on Trump is negative. When people get their "news" from these outlets, it is really no surprise they have TDS.

People who criticize Fox News should really give Tucker a try. He has crazy liberals on his show all the time.

(03-10-2018, 09:24 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Sad how some of you have such hate that you can’t help but show ignorance toward a historic event. You should step back and holster the Trump hate while looking at the big picture. This has the potential to actually end a war and bring some stabilization to the area. This is just one talk of many that should take place absent of cronyism interference; face to face. Keep in mind, this isn’t a negotiation meeting. No sitting President has ever met or talked on the phone with a North Korean leader. Bet your [BLEEP] if this was anyone but Trump there would be 24/7 news on it and a call for new national holiday! Nothing wrong with a little hope and approval regardless of your disdain.

I don't know if that was addressed at me, but I would like to point out that my "disdain" is not for this meeting.   I am in favor of the meeting.   I thought I made that clear. 

But sometimes I wonder if some of you have any independent thoughts of your own, or if you just love Trump so much that whatever he does is great in your eyes.  And when he flip flops, you flip flop right along with him.