Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can DJ Chark be an option?

I asked this in the ARob replacement thread since I didn't know much about him other than his very good performance at Senior Bowl. I managed to watch some tape and read more stuff about him, what do you think guys?

For those who don't know him here's a couple of draft profiles on him:

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2018/02/27...d-j-chark/

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/3/8/170...-ny-giants

He's 21 (22 this year), at the combine he measured 6'3 - 199 lbs. 

He had a great combine with a 4.34 on the 40 yards and a 40 inches vertical jump, 129 inches broad jump.  

After watching more of him he doesn't seem like a finished product, he can improve route running and doesn't really uses his height/jumping ability as well as he should. He's more of a body catcher and could improve his hands. He will have to improve against press coverage.
On the other hand he's really fast and electric with the ball in his hands, with his speed and his agility he's a great in the open field and his perfect for a team that relies on play action and takes deep shot (at Senior Bowl he caught 2-3 deep throws by White and I think Lauletta). He's tall and if he can start using his leaping abiity to his advantage he could be a good replacement for ARob (same height, same vertical jump, different skills in high-pointing the ball at the moment). 

At 29 it's probably too early to draft him, I don't think he will be there at 61 though but if he was I'd definitely start to consider him. What anyone thinks about him? 

I haven't watched too much so more opinions would be really welcome :Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, he's in play now. Revamp receiver corp. AR gone, Jags let Lee walk, trade Hurns. Jaguars draft 1st round Equanimeous St Brown then 2nd round DJ Chark. Chaaaaammmppppiiooonnnssshhiippppp.

(03-13-2018, 09:13 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yes, he's in play now. Revamp receiver corp. AR gone, Jags let Lee walk,  trade Hurns. Jaguars draft 1st round Equanimeous St Brown then 2nd round DJ Chark.     Chaaaaammmppppiiooonnnssshhiippppp.

If we could get either of these WRs in round two I'd be stoked. For that matter, I wouldn't hold it against Caldwell to make a slight reach for either at #29. They're high on my list of possibly ARob replacements right after Courtland Sutton. 
'02

I really liked D. J. Chark. The NFL Scouting Combine seemed to be his breakout moment after a solid performance at the Senior Bowl seemed to be his breakout moment.

I have been watching his mash-ups again. Seeing some double-catches like he has return guy hands. He also looks like he is going to have to size up a bit to fit a starting WR job meaning he needs to add weight and strength to his upper body BEFORE he can compete for a starting WR job.

I'm more cautious about Chark.

I don't think we will target a WR that early. I'm still thinking a WR will come more in the 3rd to 4th round area. A lot of you are gonna be shocked when we take a QB on day 1 or 2 of the draft.

(03-13-2018, 06:57 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I asked this in the ARob replacement thread since I didn't know much about him other than his very good performance at Senior Bowl. I managed to watch some tape and read more stuff about him, what do you think guys?

He had a great combine with a 4.34 on the 40 yards and a 40 inches vertical jump, 129 inches broad jump.  

After watching more of him he doesn't seem like a finished product, he can improve route running and doesn't really uses his height/jumping ability as well as he should. He's more of a body catcher and could improve his hands. He will have to improve against press coverage.
On the other hand he's really fast and electric with the ball in his hands, with his speed and his agility he's a great in the open field and his perfect for a team that relies on play action and takes deep shot (at Senior Bowl he caught 2-3 deep throws by White and I think Lauletta). He's tall and if he can start using his leaping abiity to his advantage he could be a good replacement for ARob (same height, same vertical jump, different skills in high-pointing the ball at the moment). 

At 29 it's probably too early to draft him, I don't think he will be there at 61 though but if he was I'd definitely start to consider him. What anyone thinks about him? 

Well it was indeed an option Smile

(04-27-2018, 09:24 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:57 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I asked this in the ARob replacement thread since I didn't know much about him other than his very good performance at Senior Bowl. I managed to watch some tape and read more stuff about him, what do you think guys?

Well it was indeed an option Smile
good call

(04-27-2018, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:24 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Well it was indeed an option Smile
good call

Yes it was. Really happy we got him! Minor concerns aside, he is a great player and a great kid.

A bit of a self-applause here with this bump (Big Grin ) but man the guy has really worked on his hands and his body control since I opened this. He's catching pretty much everything thrown in his way. Keep it up DJ!
Marrone was raving about him before the injury last year and all the good things that were said about him during the offseason are starting to show on the field, he really worked hard to reach this level of improvement.

Chark has been a great surprise this season. He is starting to look like a legitimate number 1 receiver. Size, speed and toughness. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I really like our receiving corps. If DeDe's case of the dropsies last night was just an anomaly, this team has 3 solid options for Minshew/Foles to throw to.