Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Posluszny Retires After 11 NFL Seasons (merged)

Great player and great man. Well played sir
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe he can get on the coaching staff, get a ring with the Jags that way

Great player, great dude. Happy retirement, poz.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Poz was still making amazing plays even in his final 2017 season. His 2016 season was also one of the best of his career. One of the best Jaguars ever, IMO, and he played the game the right way from day one.

Poz could play for another team, but I think this suits him better. He has nothing else to prove. He is healthy and with his passion for the game, he could have a career in football if he chooses.

Poz will always be one of my favorite Jags.

Damn. Well I hope he comes back as a coach or scout or something. This man is the epitome of football. We need that knowledge around

Throw that man in the pride.

Absolutely loved Poz. Heck of a player. Class act. Best of luck to him.

(03-13-2018, 11:38 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 11:34 AM)Rico Wrote: He was FA.

i.e. they weren’t interested in re-signing him  Sad

I didn't get the impression at all that was the reason after reading his retirement letter.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Fantastic man on and off the field.

I was hoping Jack’s tweet (I’m not on twitter so all second-hand) was in reference to re-signing him.

Regardless, nothing but the utmost respect, and I wish him nothing but the best post-NFL.

Best overall player on D since Mathis (criminally underrated), but that will change soon historically as our young D is vicious.

Thank you for enduring the BS years with professionalism Poz, glad we got you a playoff birth before you hung em up.

(03-13-2018, 12:52 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Fantastic man on and off the field.

I was hoping Jack’s tweet (I’m not on twitter so all second-hand) was in reference to re-signing him.

Regardless, nothing but the utmost respect, and I wish him nothing but the best post-NFL.

Best overall player on D since Mathis (criminally underrated), but that will change soon historically as our young D is vicious.

Thank you for enduring the BS years with professionalism Poz, glad we got you a playoff birth before you hung em up.

I think Jack was all smiles about NFL.COM/QBINDEX i.e. Sans Biff.

Ah dang. Nice guy and a team player. Loved his pick six against Manning years ago.

Hey, at least we dont have to see him get stuck in coverage anymore lol.

Poz deserves a Diddly Diddly send off.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-13-2018, 01:03 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Hey, at least we dont have to see him get stuck in coverage anymore lol.

Really man?

That’s pretty classless, even for you.

I know you embrace the ‘heel’ role, but c’mon.

Attack the team’s moves all you want, we’re all armchair GMs in one facet or another, but to poop on a guy’s retirement thread...grow up.

Poz started giving me creepy feelings when all that sickening stuff about Penn State LB coach, Jerry Sandusky, started making news. 

When Penn State came down to play Notre Dame in the 1976 Gator Bowl, Penn State held practices close to my childhood home. A bunch of us kids venture over to watch. Joe Paterno was early and sat on the vistor's bench. He called us all over and asked us what our plans for the future were. He lectured us a bit then asked us if we were interested in learning a few things about football.

The players were still making the long trip from the locker room to the field when Paterno called, "Hey, Jerry? These young men want to learn a little bit about playing college football. I want you to line them up and let them run a few pass patterns." 

Our age range was probably ten to thirteen. Looking back it seemed to be innocent. Something like a football clinic for neighborhood kids. Yet I now recall how Jerry Sandusky put his hands on my shoulders and told me what pass pattern to run. 

Who knows how long the guy was violating children. None of that stuff happened to any of us, but Lord.

Poz, you're a great guy. I hope the best for you. Thanks for the hard work, but if you saw or heard something wrong about Jerry Sandusky and never said anything about it...you are a disgraceful slime bag.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 01:19 PM by Mowerguy.)

POZ! You been a mainstay of the Jaguars since you arrived. That's why you've been my avatar with the bloody face and long hair all these years.
You just LOOKED like the defender you were. And always was and will be a class act....
I hope some of yor work ethic and professionalism linger in that linebacker group for years to come.

Enjoy your family and retirement....but, Don't be a stranger!
Congratulations on a career well played.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(03-13-2018, 01:17 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Poz started giving me creepy feelings when all that sickening stuff about Penn State LB coach, Jerry Sandusky, started making news. 

When Penn State came down to play Notre Dame in the 1976 Gator Bowl, Penn State held practices close to my childhood home. A bunch of us kids venture over to watch. Joe Paterno was early and sat on the vistor's bench. He called us all over and asked us what our plans for the future were. He lectured us a bit then asked us if we were interested in learning a few things about football.

The players were still making the long trip from the locker room to the field when Paterno called, "Hey, Jerry? These young men want to learn a little bit about playing college football. I want you to line them up and let them run a few pass patterns." 

Our age range was probably ten to thirteen. Looking back it seemed to be innocent. Something like a football clinic for neighborhood kids. Yet I now recall how Jerry Sandusky put his hands on my shoulders and told me what pass pattern to run. 

Who knows how long the guy was violating children. None of that stuff happened to any of us, but Lord.

Poz, you're a great guy. I hope the best for you. Thanks for the hard work, but if you saw or heard something wrong about Jerry Sandusky and never said anything about it...you are a disgraceful slime bag.

That's ironic...you give me a creepy feeling every time you post.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not really a surprise. What he lacked in athleticism, he made up for in guts and heart. We'll miss that veteran leadership.

I really wanted Poz to play one more season. Damn.

Its sad to see Poz retire. we will miss you poz, but at same time glad you wil get to spend time with your kids now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.