Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rex Tillerson Out

(03-14-2018, 12:12 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 10:39 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Unfortunately, the progress being made is overshadowed by idiotic tweets and the lefts perpetual outrage over all things Trump-related. I and most others voted for Trump, not because of his good-natured demeanor or for his political prowess, but for his ability to continually push boundaries with an assembled team of folks (experts in their fields) that he can lean on. I like the no BS approach. He demands a lot from his team as evidenced by the revolving door of hiring/firing. It's an unorthodox political approach to most in the game of politics but if it gets results, so be it. I wouldn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of yes men sitting on their hands to collect a paycheck. Get out there and grind and you can succeed, I'll find someone who can!

The polarization of both sides is beyond repair.  No rational discussion can any longer be made.

The left took discourse into the gutter following the 2k election.  Since then it's been a complete rejection of those who they choose to oppose and "resist."  They will never acknowledge any non-D candidate winning the Presidency.

Did they think that response would go unchallenged?  Unfortunately there has been an equal and opposite rise by some on the right in response.

Here we are.  Real civil war that will not end well.  Congrats resistors.  This is what you've made.  Actions have consequences, even if unintended.

I reject both.  Until we all do, it will be a war that is only going to get worse.
Agree. People should invest in their country, not just their political affiliation. I'm a registered Rupublican but I wouldn't hesitate to vote for the better candidate no matter political affiliation. Gone are the days where it is acceptable to see things from both sides of the fence. So much hostility, division, and no discussion.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2018, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So far....

Rex Tillerson
Gary Cohn
Sally Yates
Michael Flynn
James Comey
Mike Dubke
W. Shaub
S. Spicer
Reince Priebus
Anthony Scaramucci
Steve Bannon
G.  Sifakis
S. Gorka
T. Price
D. Powell
Omarosa Manigault
Hope Hicks

Quote from Trump:

3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda. 6:07 am - 11 Jan 2012

You can add John Kelly to this list
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(03-13-2018, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: How's that working out for you?

Gorsuch ... check!
Out of Paris Climate Redistribution of Wealth Accord ... check!
Corporate tax cut ... check!
ISIS destroyed ... check!
Roll back of regulations ... check!
Massive reduction in illegal border crossings ... check!
Cuts to UN funding ... check!

There are a few things I wanted that haven't gotten done and I didn't like the spending increase, but overall it's working out pretty good so far. Far better than Hillary for sure, and probably better than any of the other Pub candidates would have done.

"and probably better than any of the Pub candidates" Really? Sad if you actually believe that.

Almost any of the other candidates would be doing a much better job by now than Donald. And without the drama and Russian collusion so many seem to love.

What has Donald done that any "average" Republican couldn't have done? What on your list is so ground-breaking that only a self-absorbed, self-promoting business man couldn't achieve? Not a thing.

Want to see the future? Look at the Pennsylvania special election. Deep, deep red district. Shouldn't have been close. The Republican candidate says "he was Trump before Trump." Well, he's probably going to be unemployed.

Many people are already tired of Trump's act, and his incompetence (and woe be to the politician who thinks it's just "the left"). It would be so much better if we had a leader who had a clue. But we don't.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-14-2018, 12:47 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 10:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Gorsuch ... check!

There are a few things I wanted that haven't gotten done and I didn't like the spending increase, but overall it's working out pretty good so far. Far better than Hillary for sure, and probably better than any of the other Pub candidates would have done.

"and probably better than any of the Pub candidates" Really? Sad if you actually believe that.

Almost any of the other candidates would be doing a much better job by now than Donald. And without the drama and Russian collusion so many seem to love.

What has Donald done that any "average" Republican couldn't have done? What on your list is so ground-breaking that only a self-absorbed, self-promoting business man couldn't achieve? Not a thing.

Want to see the future? Look at the Pennsylvania special election. Deep, deep red district. Shouldn't have been close. The Republican candidate says "he was Trump before Trump." Well, he's probably going to be unemployed.

Many people are already tired of Trump's act, and his incompetence (and woe be to the politician who thinks it's just "the left"). It would be so much better if we had a leader who had a clue. But we don't.

Many in the GOP are beginning to realize this and know Trump is poison, they are just afraid to come out and say this publicly for fear of alienating their base.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 02:27 PM by pirkster.)

Truth is, we're better off than we were under the last.  He's running things better, and the country is clearly better off.

Sorry it pains your partisanship to admit the truth.

That's why your kind must create your own alternate reality and pretend it's true.

The problem with both sides is that they've become establishment.  Both funding careers that give them riches and lifestyles that aren't deserved off the backs of the taxpayers.  All the while, making promises they don't keep only to take your vote over base emotions (such as your little outburst above.)  You've been played, as have all who are bitter partisan cheerleaders for either side.

(03-14-2018, 12:51 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 12:47 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: "and probably better than any of the Pub candidates" Really? Sad if you actually believe that.

Many in the GOP are beginning to realize this and know Trump is poison, they are just afraid to come out and say this publicly for fear of alienating their base.

The biggest poison right now is the establishment left.  Followed by the alt-right, which the left has created in response to it's extremism.

It's so bad, it's destroying anyone taking sides.

Let the establishment go.  They are helping no one, and destroying everything in their way.

It's not Trump who's poison, but he is poison to what's wrong with current politics.  He's a step in the right direction, whether you see it yet or not.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Russian Collusion story would be there no matter which Pub won the nomination and were then elected. The Left has nothing left but hate. Note that Bush and Romney were both called racists. Reality has nothing to do with narrative.

Several Pub candidates wouldn't have pulled out of the Paris Accord. Most would not have given the military the freedom to wipe out ISIS. A lot of the reduction in border crossings has to do with Trump's rhetoric, so no other candidate would have succeeded there.

I was a Ted Cruz supporter. I think he would have succeeded in implementing most things on that list, and maybe a few things Trump hasn't done (filling open Cabinet positions for sure), but I doubt the border crossings would be as low under Cruz. Certainly not under most of the others, and some like Kasich and Christy would probably welcome open borders along with sending American working class dollars to 3rd world dictators like Obama did under the Paris Accord.

Trump was not my first choice ... or my second or third, but I have to be honest about his accomplishments so far. Most have been positive, at least from a conservative viewpoint.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 01:18 PM by Adam2012.)

(03-14-2018, 02:24 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 12:47 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: "and probably better than any of the Pub candidates" Really? Sad if you actually believe that.

Truth is, we're better off than we were under the last.  He's running things better, and the country is clearly better off.

Sorry it pains your partisanship to admit the truth.

That's why your kind must create your own alternate reality and pretend it's true.

The problem with both sides is that they've become establishment.  Both funding careers that give them riches and lifestyles that aren't deserved off the backs of the taxpayers.  All the while, making promises they don't keep only to take your vote over base emotions (such as your little outburst above.)  You've been played, as have all who are bitter partisan cheerleaders for either side.

(03-14-2018, 12:51 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Many in the GOP are beginning to realize this and know Trump is poison, they are just afraid to come out and say this publicly for fear of alienating their base.

The biggest poison right now is the establishment left.  Followed by the alt-right, which the left has created in response to it's extremism.

It's so bad, it's destroying anyone taking sides.

Let the establishment go.  They are helping no one, and destroying everything in their way.

It's not Trump who's poison, but he is poison to what's wrong with current politics.  He's a step in the right direction, whether you see it yet or not.

Don't get me wrong - I love having Donald in office! Comedy Central or Saturday Night Live couldn't do it better.

And people, like you, are always there to excuse the buffoonery. 

And yeah, those other guys are all establishment! Have you seen the Trump Cabinet? And Trump is the king of making promises he can't (won't) keep. He'll tell one group what they want to hear and then reverse himself the next day. You can't believe anything he says from day to day. Priceless.

But you keep cheering him on. He got a tax cut! Imagine that - a Republican tax cut through the Republican Congress! What a guy.

And those tweets - reminds me of James Madison. What a scholar. 

You know - about the only thing more entertaining than having Donald as prez would be having Byron LeftTown in office. Now that's entertainment.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.