Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't write off QBs too soon (Bortles)

Quote:Perhaps you misremembered like Roger Clemens. I was a fan of all of the QBs except Manziel, and said multiple times that Carr could be the best of all of them. For example this one from like a week before the draft after almost everyone else on here has bailed on him. Got some nice flak for that one at the time. 

Kodiak had a whole thread about Carr being his top QB prospect well prior to that quote of yours and I recall a number of folks in that thread listing him as their second or third preference. 

Personally - I was troubled by all the spread he played in college after watching Gabbert fail to transition.  He's been great though.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I remember correctly Caldwell was really high on Carr as well.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Kodiak had a whole thread about Carr being his top QB prospect well prior to that quote of yours and I recall a number of folks in that thread listing him as their second or third preference. 

Personally - I was troubled by all the spread he played in college after watching Gabbert fail to transition.  He's been great though.  
There was a large Carr bandwagon during the season, and then the USC game happened where he faced pressure unlike anything Blake has ever seen. He of course struggled with it being him and Davante Adams being the only people that belonged on the field vs the Trojans. 

It got pretty lonely on the wagon after that...and I did say almost everyone too.  

I think I'd rather have Gabbert still over Blake. Sounds crazy but he throws a better ball.

If us fans think Bortles is done, you have to wonder what expert coaches think.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!