Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't write off QBs too soon (Bortles)

Quote:Stafford and Manning can functionally throw a football. No comparison to bortles.

Really you should compare bbint to Leftwich and tebow. And sadly Leftwich was a much better QB. Tebow is about even with Bortles in passing ability but at least he could win games.
This is just a dumb post

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is just a dumb post

Ok clown, feel free to point out where I was wrong?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Yay more arguing..

...this is just like my first marriage.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Hey, we were right about Gabby when we brought up these same arguments, right?
When did Gabbert throw for 4,400 yards 35 tds?

In 7 seasons Gabbert only has 38 tds and 7,000 yards, comparing Blake to Gabbert is idiotic 

I hope to all things Holy you are right, J-Mizzal. 

But the decision making is dumbfounding. 

There are two guys open that would convert third down to first and goal,  but Blake thinks it's a good idea to throw into double coverage (and under throw his receiver.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

I've seen too much of this to have very much faith left in #5.  

Fingers crossed, but.... ooof. Tough to watch. 

[Image: 28s3594.jpg]

Quote:Ok clown, feel free to point out where I was wrong?
You compared him to Tebow, like Tebow is the only QB to compare a QB with bad mechanics, Tebow was terrible passer in the NFL, Bortles has his issues but they are not even close to Tebow level

Quote:You compared him to Tebow, like Tebow is the only QB to compare a QB with bad mechanics, Tebow was terrible passer in the NFL, Bortles has his issues but they are not even close to Tebow level

Both are inaccurate and have long wind-up deliveries. Only difference is Tebow knew how to win games whereas all blake does is lose.

Quote:When did Gabbert throw for 4,400 yards 35 tds?

In 7 seasons Gabbert only has 38 tds and 7,000 yards, comparing Blake to Gabbert is idiotic 

You really don't see how terribly Blake is playing this year?

He plays terrible differently from Gabby, but terrible is still terrible.

I like Bortles a lot, and I hope to God last year was the norm and not the outlier, but if he doesn't show something soon something has to be done.

Quote:[Image: 28s3594.jpg]

What in the actual [BLEEP] is that? Good lord. I take it back, Leftwich has wayyyyy better mechanics than drunk Blake.

Quote:I hope to all things Holy you are right, J-Mizzal. 

There are two guys open for a first and goal conversion here, but Blake thinks it's a good idea to throw into double coverage (and under throw his receiver.)

Which two guys do you see open? That WR on the right, at the 13 yard line is only open because the defender is reading Blake & falls off his guy to go make the play. 

The other guy down at the bottom... he looks open in this frame, but I only count 9 guys in the gif. Are the other two covering him deep? 

ImATexan

Quote:I hope to all things Holy you are right, J-Mizzal.

There are two guys open for a first and goal conversion here, but Blake thinks it's a good idea to throw into double coverage (and under throw his receiver.)

I still can't believe he threw that. That is the kind of shot that maybe you take if it's 4th and goal at the 20, with :30 left and you're down by 4.

Quote:Which two guys do you see open? That WR on the right, at the 13 yard line is only open because the defender is reading Blake & falls off his guy to go make the play. 

The other guy down at the bottom... he looks open in this frame, but I only count 9 guys in the gif. Are the other two covering him deep? 

The receiver on the shallow cross (Benn) is open with a step on his guy at the moment Blake releases the ball and the far right receiver (Hurns) was open the entire time whether Amerson breaks deep or not because Amerson gave him cushion. 

Also - he had good protection. He had time to make a read elsewhere. 

Larger gif: http://giphy.com/gifs/3o7TKPdaLzrtXIItMI

Quote:[Image: 28s3594.jpg]
[Image: kobe-laugh.gif]

Anyone got a gif of the play where the camera caught Blake staring at the ball when throwing it?

Quote:Which two guys do you see open? That WR on the right, at the 13 yard line is only open because the defender is reading Blake & falls off his guy to go make the play.

That is part of the problem, a decent QB is not starring a WR down to the point where a DB feels comfortable completely leaving his assignment. A good QB would have used his eyes or maybe a pump fake to hold or move the DB and then made the right throw based on that.

I'm sure the same can be said about Head Coaches. Let's give Gus another 4 years just in case he breaks out

Quote:I still can't believe he threw that. That is the kind of shot that maybe you take if it's 4th and goal at the 20, with :30 left and you're down by 4.

Not even then lol

Quote:This Headline says it all:

Stafford's star turn a reminder: Don't write off QBs too soon

Staffords early career is similar to Bortles

Rookie year - 13 tds 20 ints 53% comp

2nd year he only played 3 games so you can skip that

3rd year looked to break out 41 tds 16 ins

Next year drops off 20 tds 17 ints

The next 4 years he has slowly gotten better, cutting down INTs the last 2 years those 4 years he has been great

Eli Manning is another one, his first 3 years was awful, way worst then Blake

All QBs are not gonna take off right away, and some are up and down like Blake seems

QB dont grow on trees, you have to stick it out when they have talent and have shown they can play in the NFL, Bortles is down right now but given up on him would be dumb and set the team back another 3 years, coach him up, he has the talent he just has to keep working hard

Its a big difference between a awful QB like Gabbert and Bortles a young struggling QB

Stafford knew hold to throw a football whereas Bortles does not.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

The other guy down at the bottom... he looks open in this frame, but I only count 9 guys in the gif. Are the other two covering him deep

Looks like he predetermined where he was going. Its like he thought "i'm going to pump to get the coverage away then throw it to Lee" not realizing that amerson was reading him the entire time and leaving his man to help with Lee.