Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't write off QBs too soon (Bortles)

Even his short passes have a long wind up. How can there be consistency?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His draft position also does not matter.

He was a highly regarded prospect in large part due to his impact at ucf, I don't see whats so hard to understand about this. Nothing but arguing just to argue at this point, I've already stated he possibly fooled everyone.

Quote:We heard all the rumors in the preseason from the insiders telling us that the coaches and front offices around the league weren't nearly as enamored with Blake's 2015 as the media and fans were. Blake's bottom 5 play has surely only turned those from rumors into roars.

A hot HC candidate isn't going to come here if he thinks he's going to be handcuffed with Blake and only meager competition, it's not that difficult to me. Especially since two of the hottest names are going to be guys who will be on their 2nd tries. If they fail again it's lights out.

You're free to think otherwise, of course.

RUMORS lol

I'll gladly think otherwise

Quote:RUMORS lol

I'll gladly think otherwise
https://youtu.be/GoeNSMsGZoA?t=409

Didn't take long to find that, Daniel Jeremiah pretty legit...and far from the only person to say it around that time. 

Blake should play baseball.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 07:54 PM by atburg.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/GoeNSMsGZoA?t=409'>https://youtu.be/GoeNSMsGZoA?t=409</a>

Didn't take long to find that, Daniel Jeremiah pretty legit...and far from the only person to say it around that time.
Maybe we go get Bridgewater when he's healed? Best quarterback prospect in the draft, and its not even close! Hope you're not looking at the same sources that lead you down that path.

Quote:Maybe we go get Bridgewater when he's healed? Best quarterback prospect in the draft, and its not even close! Hope you're not looking at the same sources that lead you down that path.

Bridgewater is way better than baldy Bortles. It's not even close.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Bridgewater is way better than baldy Bortles. It's not even close.
Except he may never play again

I am over it. I am ready to move on into 2017 with a new coaching staff. To be quite honest with you all. I wouldn't mind the new coaching staff drafting DeShone Kizer in RD1 to play QB for us out of ND. And then possibly Chad Kelly from Ole Miss in RD3 as an insurance policy. See if they can ship Bortles off for a 4TH - 6TH RD pick to a team like New York or Arizona that might want to fix him. Go into 2017 with Kizer pegged to start with Kelly and Allen duking it out for the back-up job.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

BB5s mechanics will never change under pressure. He is what he is at this point. He can become a decent qb still but nowhere near a true franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 08:32 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Was at the game Sunday, so I thought the Bortles Interception to Lee was a terrible pass, but now looking at the video, that was a good pass Lee had the two guys beat, the other CB came off his man, its hard to expect Bortles to see that, it was an easy TD pass, but a great play by Amerson 

That pass was better then the TD pass to Thomas, Thomas took that ball from the LB

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 08:32 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I don't see how they can give BB a "modern QB" contract If things don't improve quickly.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 08:37 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Honestly, Stafford and Eli have never looked as bad as Blake has.
Huh? did you watch every single play by Stafford and Eli, like you do Blake? Did you watch them with invested interest like Blake. I havent watched every play, but Eli was terrible his first 3 years he was on Gabbert level of looking scared, Matt had good mechanics but he had bad accuracy issues and turnover prone like Blake.

Its easy to say they were not that bad cuz you didnt care if they were like you do about Blake. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Was at the game Sunday, so I thought the Bortles Interception to Lee was a terrible pass, but now looking at the video, that was a good pass Lee had the two guys beat, the other CB came off his man, its hard to expect Bortles to see that, it was an easy TD pass, but a great play by Amerson 

That pass was better then the TD pass to Thomas, Thomas took that ball from the LB
It honestly looks like the DB covering Hurns makes a great read here but the slow release is what sold the deal I think. It was a much better pass than the one to thomas for sure. 

it's a terrible read and an even worse throw.  

what are you guys smoking over there. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It honestly looks like the DB covering Hurns makes a great read here but the slow release is what sold the deal I think. It was a much better pass than the one to thomas for sure.

Ok, so one of the DBs made a good read on bortles. What about the other two that were covering his intended target? Lol
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Even Trevor Siemian is better than Bortles. All these QBs and the Jaguars are still searching for one.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/GoeNSMsGZoA?t=409'>https://youtu.be/GoeNSMsGZoA?t=409</a>

Yawn.

Quote:Maybe we go get Bridgewater when he's healed? Best quarterback prospect in the draft, and its not even close! Hope you're not looking at the same sources that lead you down that path.

Perhaps you misremembered like Roger Clemens. I was a fan of all of the QBs except Manziel, and said multiple times that Carr could be the best of all of them. For example this one from like a week before the draft after almost everyone else on here has bailed on him. Got some nice flak for that one at the time. 

Quote:I've been the only one around here on the Carrmobile for a while now. I would absolutely pick him ahead of Manziel...and maybe ahead of Bortles too depending on how quick I needed him to start. 

Give him a year and change to sit and learn and he could be the best QB from this class.

Bortles is broken as a QB.