Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Re-sign Marqise Lee

(03-13-2018, 03:15 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:  I wonder if they restructure Hurns deal now.

What? Why?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One thing maybe Coughlin/Caldwell valued is his effort and ability to block. One thing you can't question about Lee is his effort. He is 110% every play. Something Arob wasn't.

(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: He's the 5th/6th best WR on our roster. I'd have rather seen them sign John Brown with his 4.3 speed from the Cards. 

It’s a decent move not great lol. 5th best? You like Green over Lee? Lee has ability he just has to put it together. This contract is higher than I would have liked but it is what it is.

You missed my edit where I added "ok... maybe 4th." Now if we still add a #1WR to the roster, he would be 5th.

I basically rank them...

1. Dede Westbrook
2. Keelan Cole
3. Allen Hurns
4. Marqise Lee
5. Mickens

'02

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM by JackCity.)

(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: 8 per year and 18 million guaranteed over 4 years.  

For our 3rd/4th best receiver.

Ehh. It's a little steep but he's not the "4th best receiver."  

Westbrook will likely turn into a better version of Lee in due time, but he's not really there yet. Cole is probably better right now. 
Hurns represents a much greater injury risk and also has a season with a horrible drop rate under his belt. They are of similar value. Hurns injuries in 2017 give them leverage to re-do his deal if they want. 

It's a bit too much money for a guy that is coming off of a season that included an 8 or 9 game stretch of bad drops, but he's the most physical receiver on the roster as it stands and they may need one of those as Cole,Westbrook and a new kid all develop.

Yes I'd consider him our 3rd/4th best receiver. Cole is already better, I value Hurns over him and honestly if you asked me to keep 1 between him and Dede I'd take Westbrook.  

Lee doesn't stretch the field (at least he hasn't in the NFL) , doesn't have good hands, and is average at best going up and getting it.  He is a distinctly average WR and with an easily replaceable skillset.

Oh and a bad injury history.

(03-13-2018, 03:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: One thing maybe Coughlin/Caldwell valued is his effort and ability to block. One thing you can't question about Lee is his effort. He is 110% every play. Something Arob wasn't.

Arob talked negatively about the fans.  From that point on his departure should have been expected.

Colvin just signed with the Texans

My issue isn't necessarily the money. Its a market value contract. My problem is that you can get the same or similar impact from someone on a rookie deal which represents much better value.

(03-13-2018, 03:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ehh. It's a little steep but he's not the "4th best receiver."  

Westbrook will likely turn into a better version of Lee in due time, but he's not really there yet. Cole is probably better right now. 
Hurns represents a much greater injury risk and also has a season with a horrible drop rate under his belt. They are of similar value. Hurns injuries in 2017 give them leverage to re-do his deal if they want. 

It's a bit too much money for a guy that is coming off of a season that included an 8 or 9 game stretch of bad drops, but he's the most physical receiver on the roster as it stands and they may need one of those as Cole,Westbrook and a new kid all develop.

Yes I'd consider him our 3rd/4th best receiver. Cole is already better, I value Hurns over him and honestly if you asked me to keep 1 between him and Dede I'd take Westbrook.  

Lee doesn't stretch the field (at least he hasn't in the NFL) , doesn't have good hands, and is average at best going up and getting it.  He is a distinctly average WR and with an easily replaceable skillset.

I think people vastly overestimate Westbrook's capabilities.  Lee at least has the physical strength to win matchups in the short game.  Westbrook I dont think has that.

That's almost the same deal that ARob got.

I have to assume that ARob just didn't want to be in Jacksonville, because if they're paying Lee that much the offer for ARob was likely better.

17 yards per rushing attempt last season. Where else can you find that in the NFL.

We're definitely focusing on the run this season.

(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Lee signing means Hurns contract is going to be torn up.  I feel like Hurns probably wants to stay here like Lee and may be willing to take a lesser amount to stay.  We'll see.

Why should Hurns take less? He's better than Lee and is only getting $670,000 more per year.

Because of his recent injury history and accrued concussions.

Also - Hurns has already received 16 million of his 20 million guaranteed. (more than Lee's guarantee) In his first year of the new contract he had a drop rate almost identical to Lee's drop rate last season and he made 9 million that year.

I think the number is a little steep for Lee, but Hurns just hasn't done much since he got the money.

Yikes. No comment.

(03-13-2018, 03:21 PM)badger Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes I'd consider him our 3rd/4th best receiver. Cole is already better, I value Hurns over him and honestly if you asked me to keep 1 between him and Dede I'd take Westbrook.  

I think people vastly overestimate Westbrook's capabilities.  Lee at least has the physical strength to win matchups in the short game.  Westbrook I dont think has that.
Why would you be asking Westbrook to win with physicality in the short game? And he's actually pretty tough for a smaller guy.

Gross. Really dislike this deal.

He's not good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The jags are AWFUL

Lee is horrible WR, and we just signed him over Watkins/Robinson who are potential #1 WRs

I'm done

(03-13-2018, 03:21 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Colvin just signed with the Texans

Ugh...

Any chance we can still get Patrick Robinson?

'02

(03-13-2018, 03:25 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The jags are AWFUL

Lee is horrible WR, and we just signed him over Watkins/Robinson who are potential #1 WRs

I'm done
See ya dude!

Why do people assume Hurns is just going to take less money?

Lee, Cole, and Westbrook are certainly our top 3.

Hurns has pretty much been replaced by Cole. Good thing is, his "dead money" is gone. He could be cut without any additional penalty between now and the end of the deal.

He'd save $7M this year if cut.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-13-2018, 03:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:21 PM)badger Wrote: I think people vastly overestimate Westbrook's capabilities.  Lee at least has the physical strength to win matchups in the short game.  Westbrook I dont think has that.
Why would you be asking Westbrook to win with physicality in the short game? And he's actually pretty tough for a smaller guy.

You don't