Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Re-sign Marqise Lee

(03-13-2018, 03:19 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: It’s a decent move not great lol. 5th best? You like Green over Lee? Lee has ability he just has to put it together. This contract is higher than I would have liked but it is what it is.

You missed my edit where I added "ok... maybe 4th." Now if we still add a #1WR to the roster, he would be 5th.

I basically rank them...

1. Dede Westbrook
2. Keelan Cole
3. Allen Hurns
4. Marqise Lee
5. Mickens

I can’t say Westbrook is better. He can be but we have to see it first. Cole I agree with. Hurns I could agree with but I would say about the same level. Look I’m not gonna fight and defend Lee okay lol. It’s a decent move. I get it. It keeps you from reaching for a wr in the draft. Looking at what Richardson just got for slightly worse stats than Lee, if the deal is 4/38 then it’s what’s he would cost. I get it. Decent move not great.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2018, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
Why should Hurns take less? He's better than Lee and is only getting $670,000 more per year.

Because of his recent injury history and accrued concussions.

...but Lee is easily far more injury prone. Heck, Lee spends most of their practices in the hot tub.
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:29 PM by JNev.)

(03-13-2018, 03:25 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The jags are AWFUL

Lee is horrible WR, and we just signed him over Watkins/Robinson who are potential #1 WRs

I'm done

I'm so confused. We signed a 26 year old All-Pro Offensive Guard and we're AWFUL? Lee is what he is, but the Jaguars aren't AWFUL because of a 4 year $18 million guaranteed deal to an average WR.

Can we see the breakdown of the deal before we all jump off a cliff? GUARANTEED MONEY IS ALL THAT MATTERS

(03-13-2018, 03:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Because of his recent injury history and accrued concussions.

...but Lee is easily far more injury prone. Heck, Lee spends most of their practices in the hot tub.
And then shows up for the game.

If this year has taught us anything, it's that you can't have too many receivers. Letting Hurns go now over cap issues I think would be a mistake.

(03-13-2018, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Because of his recent injury history and accrued concussions.

Not really. I think Hurns has actually missed more games than Lee
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I sad
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(03-13-2018, 03:28 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:25 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The jags are AWFUL

Lee is horrible WR, and we just signed him over Watkins/Robinson who are potential #1 WRs

I'm done

I'm so confused. We signed a 26 year old All-Pro Offensive Guard and we're AWFUL? Lee is what he is, but the Jaguars aren't AWFUL because of a 4 year $18 million guaranteed deal to an average WR

Right and you said it early it’s about the guaranteed money not the total contract. If it’s 38 that’s most likely max with hitting incentives like Probowl, stats, all pro etc...

I have to believe there was a way to franchise Robinson and then also sign Norwell.

(03-13-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I have to believe there was a way to franchise Robinson and then also sign Norwell.

It's uhhhh very obvious at this point he had no interest in staying here

If Hurns can stay healthy it'll help take pressure off of Lee. Lee's not a bad receiver when he's not tasked to be the No. 1 target. We still have the draft too...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-13-2018, 03:32 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I have to believe there was a way to franchise Robinson and then also sign Norwell.

It's uhhhh very obvious at this point he had no interest in staying here
That's why you franchise him.....

(03-13-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:32 PM)JNev Wrote: It's uhhhh very obvious at this point he had no interest in staying here

I'm good with not having a diva malcontent WR unhappy to be here all season

Hurns career starts 

Lee career starts 

(03-13-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:32 PM)JNev Wrote: It's uhhhh very obvious at this point he had no interest in staying here

They obviously didn't want him to take up that much cap this year

(03-13-2018, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 03:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: ...but Lee is easily far more injury prone. Heck, Lee spends most of their practices in the hot tub.

Hurns career starts 

Lee career starts 

Lee has played more than we give him credit for

(03-13-2018, 03:29 PM)badger Wrote: If this year has taught us anything, it's that you can't have too many receivers.  Letting Hurns go now over cap issues I think would be a mistake.

It's not the cap as much as he's simply not a producer.

I feel we need to continue to bring young talent in.

Last time I even considered Hurns a factor was 2015.  Matter of fact, his last two seasons combined still don't add up to his 2015 season.

Time to move on.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:38 PM by JackCity.)

Average players on oversized deals is not a good way to go about business. Jags have two of them in the same position groups now.

The albino tiger is back....oh glory days (sarcasm). Overpaid for what he delivers on the field.

Hurns take a pay cut after this deal? Lol