Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in Talks With CB DJ Hayden (merged)

(03-14-2018, 08:21 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @rapsheet CB DJ Hayden expected to sign with #Jaguars: 3 years, $19 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. Upside to $21 million.

Terrible contract. This guy has been terrible. Should have just waited for draft.

So only $6.3 up to $7 mil per. Not bad.

I still think they're sleeping on Patrick, although, like Colvin, DJ is only 27. With Patrick, you have to worry that he's on the wrong side of 30.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 08:26 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:21 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @rapsheet CB DJ Hayden expected to sign with #Jaguars: 3 years, $19 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. Upside to $21 million.

Terrible contract. This guy has been terrible. Should have just waited for draft.

So only $6.3 up to $7 mil per. Not bad.

I still think they're sleeping on Patrick, although, like Colvin, DJ is only 27. With Patrick, you have to worry that he's on the wrong side of 30.

But you are forgetting the fact that hes terrible. I think the front office is  panicking a little bit with the loss of Arob and Covin.

(03-14-2018, 08:31 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:26 AM)Jags02 Wrote: So only $6.3 up to $7 mil per. Not bad.

But you are forgetting the fact that hes terrible. I think the front office is  panicking a little bit with the loss of Arob and Covin.

He may have been thrown in over his head as a rookie first-round pick with the Raiders. It looks like he was not great, but ok, with the Lions last year, so just maybe he's developed a bit since his days of being embarrassed wearing the silver and black. 
'02

It's obvious the Jaguars want to be in the position of going BAP in every round. The way they've approached free agency, I would say every position group except running back is in play for the first round. This team hasn't been in that position for a long time and that maximizes their chances of having a very strong draft. That being said, this signing has been my least favorite since they could have gotten someone just as good and likely better in the middle rounds of the draft for a lot less money.

Hmmm...first move I’m hesitant on. But hey, nothing I can do about it but trust in the FO and hope for the best.

Go Jags

Jeez that contract. Y'all can slobber over paying Norwell out the nose as much as you want, but the team just gave essentially equal money to Lee, Moncrief, and Hayden as Arob and Colvin got and they are way, way worse.

No idea how to feel about this deal.

On one hand, thats a good amount of money for a guy who hasn't produced. On the other hand, he will be a nickel corner with a great pass rush. Could blossom.

(03-14-2018, 08:52 AM)Upper Wrote: Jeez that contract. Y'all can slobber over paying Norwell out the nose as much as you want, but the team just gave essentially equal money to Lee, Moncrief, and Hayden as Arob and Colvin got and they are way, way worse.

Totally. For the same exact cost I'd much rather have ARob and Colvin than Mocrief, Lee and Hayden. 
'02

I’m guessing Colvin wanted the opportunity for a bigger role.

So it goes.

(03-14-2018, 09:06 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I’m guessing Colvin wanted the opportunity for a bigger role.

So it goes.

That's a possibility, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that we gave serious money to a nickel corner who has 4.5 bad seasons under his belt.

(03-14-2018, 08:54 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:52 AM)Upper Wrote: Jeez that contract. Y'all can slobber over paying Norwell out the nose as much as you want, but the team just gave essentially equal money to Lee, Moncrief, and Hayden as Arob and Colvin got and they are way, way worse.

Totally. For the same exact cost I'd much rather have ARob and Colvin than Mocrief, Lee and Hayden. 

I agree with this too.

But Robinson is still a risk because of his injury. I'd much prefer just going with Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens at WR, a draft pick at CB, and use the cap space on keeping our defense intact next year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Lee, Hurns and Moncrief with Westbrook and Cole/Mickens aint so bad. Kinda feel like Hurns might get released though. And then we got a stable of backs with a much improved oline. I hope we get Mingo to take Poz spot, and Hayden will be better than Colvin. The dline is already stacked and we're set at CB and SS. I just see the team filling out.

TE and QB in the draft. WR and LB. OL and FS- Maybe even another talented back (i.e. Kamara)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Sam Monson@PFF_Sam - How is D.J. Hayden's market value anything above veteran minimum?

Sam Monson@PFF_Sam - He's allowed a career passer rating of exactly 100.0 when targeted. Allowed 64.7% of passes thrown his way to be caught.

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL - Hayden struggled in coverage in Oakland and again in Detroit so this is an odd one. Jags clearly hoping he improves and can replace Colvin in the slot.

Ian Wharton@NFLFilmStudy - Woof. Hayden works better inside but that's a lot. There's a half dozen slots I would've taken over him in this market

It's getting the roast it deserves unfortunately.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 09:23 AM by ATLjag.)

Reading the Lions boards discussing Hayden's performance and free agency, they don't seem too high on him. In fact, most didn't think he was worth the minimal salary they were paying him. The positive was that he has the ability to play both the slot and outside. His negative is that he plays at a backup level at either position.

They're all gonna laugh at youuuu!

Great draft for slot CBs, certainly a puzzling move. Oh well.

First really stupid decision. Even if you think he is an underrated talent who will magically blossom, you still way overpaid. Its like going to Bonos and being like "I see the ribs cost $15 but I want to pay $45, take my money."

Do we not have a guy who can negotiate salaries? Or do we just accept whatever their agent asks for?

(03-14-2018, 09:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Sam Monson@PFF_Sam - How is D.J. Hayden's market value anything above veteran minimum?

Sam Monson@PFF_Sam - He's allowed a career passer rating of exactly 100.0 when targeted. Allowed 64.7% of passes thrown his way to be caught.

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL - Hayden struggled in coverage in Oakland and again in Detroit so this is an odd one. Jags clearly hoping he improves and can replace Colvin in the slot.

Ian Wharton@NFLFilmStudy - Woof. Hayden works better inside but that's a lot. There's a half dozen slots I would've taken over him in this market

It's getting the roast it deserves unfortunately.

Its awful. Looks like a panic move to me

Hayden will have no choice but to elevate his play in that room.

Seems to me we're worried about this year... Not the next. Gonna be A LOT of cuts next year.