Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in Talks With CB DJ Hayden (merged)

Not a fan, but we'll have to wait and see if he earns it. Seems like there will be boatloads of money coming off the books after the 2019 season, just in time to pay Jack, Yan, and Jalen's 5th year option. I know it's fun to fear the cap and all, but we have no idea what the team will look like 3 years from now, and there fore have no idea what the cap will look like either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 11:42 AM)knarnn Wrote: Certainly a peculiar signing. But like others have said I'll take the wait and see approach. The team has earned that for the time being.

Yeah, I am taking the wait and see approach too. 

All the stats I can pull up on this guy is that hes so bad and the fact that the Rams signed Coleman for less worries me a lot. What I keep on saying to myself is that these guys see something on film or sees something we just don't.

I remember PFF told us that Cyprein was better than Barry church lol

I’ll wait to watch the guy with my own eyes In our system behind this pass rush before I just say the guy is trash.

So did DJ Hayden have blackmail info on Caldwell or something? Cause this contract doesn't make much sense to me.

You know it's a bad deal when the normal bias brigade can only muster up a "wait and see" defense of the signing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/llamorandier/...1579165697
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-14-2018, 12:21 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/llamorandier/...1579165697

They won’t address this tho just keep whining about how he sucks lol

Don't know much aboit how he played last year. I do know he was a big disappointment for the raiders. But judging by some of the comm3nts on that twitter post and D6 comments it seems he wasn't half bad last year. I'll just their judgement over some of the crybabies on this board who most likely didn't watch one play of his last year and relying fully on "advanced metrics"

How did we get bortles on a great contract then managed to overpay Lee, Hayden and moncrief. I'd be a little mad if I was bortles lol
[Image: harley-quinn-bubble-gum.gif]

I feel like he is getting paid more because he can play outside and inside so he takes up 1 spot instead of 2. Just my guess,still think he's way over paid

(03-14-2018, 12:18 PM)Upper Wrote: You know it's a bad deal when the normal bias brigade can only muster up a "wait and see" defense of the signing.

I think most Jags fans are simply not familiar with his play enough to have a strong opinion on the player. 

My gut reaction is that is seems like too much money.  

I'm beginning to wonder if they have a very specific draft strategy to have offered the FA contracts we've seen thus far.  It's almost as if they are going out of their way to fill holes in FA so that they can either target very specific players (i.e. moving up where necessary) or they want more freedom to select BAP regardless of need. 

None of these signings are necessarily "head-scratchers" to me, but they seem a bit too generous without knowing all of the details.

Curious about Myrick. Have any of you seen enough of him to believe that he could replace Colvin?

(03-14-2018, 12:42 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Curious about Myrick.  Have any of you seen enough of him to believe that he could replace Colvin?

His 22 snaps wasn't enough for you to give him the starting nickel spot?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-14-2018, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 12:18 PM)Upper Wrote: You know it's a bad deal when the normal bias brigade can only muster up a "wait and see" defense of the signing.

I think most Jags fans are simply not familiar with his play enough to have a strong opinion on the player. 

My gut reaction is that is seems like too much money.  

I'm beginning to wonder if they have a very specific draft strategy to have offered the FA contracts we've seen thus far.  It's almost as if they are going out of their way to fill holes in FA so that they can either target very specific players (i.e. moving up where necessary) or they want more freedom to select BAP regardless of need. 

None of these signings are necessarily "head-scratchers" to me, but they seem a bit too generous without knowing all of the details.
1st round- QB or TE
2nd round- QB or TE
3rd round- LB

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM by JackCity.)

(03-14-2018, 12:21 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/llamorandier/...1579165697

He's allowed a career passer rating of 100 and 64% completion rate. 

In the Lions games I watched yesterday he was missing tackles all over the shop too. 

Prevailing thought from Lions fans seems to be he'd be fine on a very low deal.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 01:10 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(03-14-2018, 12:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:

He's allowed a career passer rating of 100 and 64% completion rate. 

In the Lions games I watched yesterday he was missing tackles all over the shop too. 

Colvin allowed 83.9 qb rating against And 72% adjusted qb completion percentage. Looks like we are improving the percentage points a few. Hayden may just give up a few more yards. But he also has a few more splash plays to his name.

Neither one gave up a td so that’s a wash

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 01:20 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

This is a terrible signing. We all know who's going to get picked on now.

Plus the salary cap situation is going to be horrible in the next year or two. I don't really care what anyone says. If we hadn't grabbed Norwell, I'd grade this offseason easily as an F so far.

(03-14-2018, 12:31 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:

They won’t address this tho just keep whining about how he sucks lol

Logan provides some excellent statistical information,  including what you provided.  I didn't see this particular tweet previously and appreciate that you posted it here.  

D.J. Hayden was far from a Pro Bowl caliber CB in 2017.  But when factoring in the Lions problematic pass rush,  I'm not disappointed with the season he had.

(03-14-2018, 01:06 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 12:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's allowed a career passer rating of 100 and 64% completion rate. 

Colvin allowed 83.9 qb rating against And 72% adjusted qb completion percentage. Looks like we are improving the percentage points a few. Hayden may just give up a few more yards. But he also has a few more splash plays to his name.

Neither one gave up a td so that’s a wash

Interesting...I'm sure this will go overlooked which is why I'm quoting you.

Would rather have signed Honey Badger