Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm a little worried about our cap.

Lol what?

The same team that signed AJ Bouye, Calais Campbell and Barry Church last year is now panicking lol. That’s hilarious. I think they evaluated the guy and saw that his skill set fits what they wanted to do. PFF is a good tool but that’s all it is a tool. One piece in the whole equation. When they said Rodgers had a negative grade after he had a 4td 300 yard game I knew they were clueless. To make matters worse they changed the grade after everyone complained lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ahh.. You know, you should probably wait more then literally 1 day before you decide to panic and wonder if the FA class is bad or not...

(03-15-2018, 04:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ahh.. You know, you should probably wait more then literally 1 day before you decide to panic and wonder if the FA class is bad or not...

Class? I am talking about a single player. IMO they panicked when they lost out on Colvin and felt as though they needed to act fast to get a guy to fill up NB. Ended up paying 20 dollars for a 50 cent lemon. It's my opinion, hopefully he plays all pro.

The majority of these deals probably have money weighted over the next two years. That's how long Jack Ramsey and ngokue are under contract.

(03-15-2018, 04:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ahh.. You know, you should probably wait more then literally 1 day before you decide to panic and wonder if the FA class is bad or not...

Class? I am talking about a single player. IMO they panicked when they lost out on Colvin and felt as though they needed to act fast to get a guy to fill up NB. Ended up paying 20 dollars for a 50 cent lemon. It's my opinion, hopefully he plays all pro.

Colvin wanted to play outside.. They didn't lose out on him, he wanted the chance to play outside. That was not going to happen here and everybody knows that.

I'd rather the players actually get on the field before deciding if the signings were bad or not.

I heard on the radio that Norwell's cap hit this year is only $5 million.

(03-15-2018, 05:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: The majority of these deals probably have money weighted over the next two years.  That's how long Jack Ramsey and ngokue are under contract.

Yep.

That's the strategy. Pay them now in the short-term "win now window" but leave room for signing core defensive players to extend that window.

(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Class? I am talking about a single player. IMO they panicked when they lost out on Colvin and felt as though they needed to act fast to get a guy to fill up NB. Ended up paying 20 dollars for a 50 cent lemon. It's my opinion, hopefully he plays all pro.

Colvin wanted to play outside.. They didn't lose out on him, he wanted the chance to play outside. That was not going to happen here and everybody knows that.

I'd rather the players actually get on the field before deciding if the signings were bad or not.

I get what you are saying. He may very well play well in the future in this defense but there is nothing in his body of work as a player so far that suggests he warrants such a contract. The contract he got to me either says there were actually teams competing for his services, or the Jags got a bit desperate seeing the CB's go and overpaid for him. 

Anyways, I am curious as to what the Jags do with Fowler's 5th year option. Without the option, Lee's contract, ASJ, and rookie contracts... Jags 14M over cap. Yes I am well aware that players will be cut and/or renegotiated and I am not worried about the cap in itself because they will take care of it... but man this team is going to look a whole lot different on defense come that time. 3-4 starters could be let go. This upcoming draft is very important for the future, need to hit on players.

(03-15-2018, 10:59 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Colvin wanted to play outside.. They didn't lose out on him, he wanted the chance to play outside. That was not going to happen here and everybody knows that.

I get what you are saying. He may very well play well in the future in this defense but there is nothing in his body of work as a player so far that suggests he warrants such a contract. The contract he got to me either says there were actually teams competing for his services, or the Jags got a bit desperate seeing the CB's go and overpaid for him. 

Anyways, I am curious as to what the Jags do with Fowler's 5th year option. Without the option, Lee's contract, ASJ, and rookie contracts... Jags 14M over cap. Yes I am well aware that players will be cut and/or renegotiated and I am not worried about the cap in itself because they will take care of it... but man this team is going to look a whole lot different on defense come that time. 3-4 starters could be let go. This upcoming draft is very important for the future, need to hit on players.
How does someone know what the cap will be raised to next year and what we will rollover to next year?

(03-15-2018, 11:22 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:59 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I get what you are saying. He may very well play well in the future in this defense but there is nothing in his body of work as a player so far that suggests he warrants such a contract. The contract he got to me either says there were actually teams competing for his services, or the Jags got a bit desperate seeing the CB's go and overpaid for him. 

How does someone know what the cap will be raised to next year and what we will rollover to next year?

We won't know that number till next year, hopefully it's 10M like it has been 5 years in a row. Rollover? Lol, c'mon man there is no rollover after this spend sesh.

(03-15-2018, 05:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I heard on the radio that Norwell's cap hit this year is only $5 million.

Dang.  Only $5 million?   Wow.  I had no idea.  Now I see how we're doing this.  I thought we were running out of cap space.

(03-13-2018, 07:15 PM)PF* Wrote: Don't worry, enjoy the ride. It's going to be a good few years.

On AR15, just remember that we would have paid him $16 mill for his post-ACL year in which he was likely to put up some limited numbers AND THEN BE A FREE AGENT ANYWAY. He's gone and instead we have a monster guard in front of LF27 clearing the way.

This is a good point. In addition to that, it is pretty clear to me that ARob did not want to be here and did not have a good relationship with Blake. If he that was the case, I am glad he is gone despite how good as he is.