Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm a little worried about our cap.

I think we draft TE/OL/CB before QB this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2018, 08:33 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Y'all want a new QB drafted so bad that it's coming across thirsty and that's comical to me. They are not graphic you be at 29 so please move on from it and allow the team to give Blake Bortles the best chance to succeed

With little cap space and 1 QB on the roster, how would you go about Pre-season games or if Blake got hurt? Oh also if we cut blake and draft a QB in the first round that saves us $18 million next year.

(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:33 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Y'all want a new QB drafted so bad that it's coming across thirsty and that's comical to me. They are not graphic you be at 29 so please move on from it and allow the team to give Blake Bortles the best chance to succeed

With little cap space and 1 QB on the roster, how would you go about Pre-season games or if Blake got hurt? Oh also if we cut blake and draft a QB in the first round that saves us $18 million next year.
We don't have a decent tight end on the roster either so they could go that route as well. They will address the QB situation but don't have to be in the first round because remember this is a win now situation so they going to do everything in their power to upgrade the roster overall.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 08:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Yall warming me up to Rudolph. He would look good in teal, no homo

(03-13-2018, 08:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)ColoJag Wrote: With little cap space and 1 QB on the roster, how would you go about Pre-season games or if Blake got hurt? Oh also if we cut blake and draft a QB in the first round that saves us $18 million next year.
We don't have a decent tight end on the roster either so they could go that route as well. They will address the QB situation but don't have to be in the first round because remember this is a win now situation so they going to do everything in their power to upgrade the roster overall.

We will be able to get a stud TE in the 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 08:47 PM by ColoJag.)

I feel like Mercedes is Decent, not good but he is decent. I agree with the need at TE and could see us going that route but that pushes QB to 3rd/4th round for a guy like Litton or the Richmond guy. So Hurst/Litton with the ability to get a better LB/OL or Rudolph/Andrews and not get a great LB/OL

(03-13-2018, 07:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: But Bortles ain't Andrew Luck. 

And thank god for that, right?

(03-13-2018, 08:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think it will be 1 of 3 players

1. Will Hernadez

2. Dallas Goedert

3. Mason Rudolph

Not sure which one but I really feel like it will be one of the 3

I'd say best available between CB/LB/QB/OG... I don't think these TE's are first round talents. 2nd round on I'd include TE and RB in this BAP mix. Caldwell dropped the hints he wants starters in the first couple rounds... well currently there are starting positions open at NB, LB, and possibly OG (Cann). For some reason I feel like the FO is happy with Lewis/Koyak/O'Shaugnessy...

(03-13-2018, 08:45 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

1. Will Hernadez

2. Dallas Goedert

3. Mason Rudolph

I'd say best available between CB/LB/QB/OG... I don't think these TE's are first round talents. 2nd round on I'd include TE and RB in this BAP mix. Caldwell dropped the hints he wants starters in the first couple rounds... well currently there are starting positions open at NB, LB, and possibly OG (Cann). For some reason I feel like the FO is happy with Lewis/Koyak/O'Shaugnessy...

For some reason I think the FO is higher on Cann  than all of us.  I hope not

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 08:53 PM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

I get the concern, I dont feel great about the offseason either. The fact that ARob left bums me, but there is not much we could have done since he wanted to leave.

However, signing Lee to a pretty pricey contract, getting Moncrief and letting Colvin go is what really concerns me. Lee is average, Moncrief is average, we have absolutely no No1 receiver in addition to having Bortles at QB. Colvin also played 67% of our defensive snaps so he was an important piece, I would have kept Colvin over Lee in a heartbeat.

Norwell is awesome for Fournette but to this point our Offense is so one-dimensional it hurts. I dont think the Draft can really change that.
With Richardson and some of the intriguing TEs off the market (Burton, Graham), the moves made dont feel like huge improvement so far (aside from Norwell).

Definitely hoping for a QB in the Draft, preferably early.

(03-13-2018, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:45 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I'd say best available between CB/LB/QB/OG... I don't think these TE's are first round talents. 2nd round on I'd include TE and RB in this BAP mix. Caldwell dropped the hints he wants starters in the first couple rounds... well currently there are starting positions open at NB, LB, and possibly OG (Cann). For some reason I feel like the FO is happy with Lewis/Koyak/O'Shaugnessy...

For some reason I think the FO is higher on Cann  than all of us.  I hope not

True, I get the same vibe.

Would have liked to keep A-Rob,they probably could have done more to keep him but I understand we won without him so its a loss, but not something we would really miss cause we never got to see what he could do with team while we were winning. Colvin I believe we should have kept tho and I don't think Poz was ready retire. They probably weren't going to pursue him and he probably just figured he'd retire rather than start over on a new team. I just feel like the way the D played this year, you want to try to keep everyone together, the chemistry with Colvin and the other Dbs and Poz with the whole defense. Just feel like you would at least want to keep everyone together after the first year of playing so well. Hopefully there is no letdown from losing those 2 and the D continues to be as dominate as they were last year.

1. Will Hernadez

2. Dallas Goedert

3. Mason Rudolph

Definitely a really good group to pick from. We can't go wrong with any of them.

I am gonna enjoy this year, cause its gonna come apart after this. I think its clear that Campbell and Dareus will not be on this team after this year without restructuring. Hopefully we do good enough they are willing to do that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I just don't understand the Lee thing. He is not good...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-13-2018, 08:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)ColoJag Wrote: With little cap space and 1 QB on the roster, how would you go about Pre-season games or if Blake got hurt? Oh also if we cut blake and draft a QB in the first round that saves us $18 million next year.
Marcedes Lewis says hi.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(03-14-2018, 02:24 AM)Dakota Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: We don't have a decent tight end on the roster either so they could go that route as well. They will address the QB situation but don't have to be in the first round because remember this is a win now situation so they going to do everything in their power to upgrade the roster overall.
Marcedes Lewis says hi.

If you think marcedes Lewis is a decent tight end right now then we all as a fanbase are at a pathetic place because he is below-average as they come and you know it. We need a legit tight end in the passing game and marcedes Lewis because of age can no longer do that for this team.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 08:59 AM by MalabarJag.)

(03-13-2018, 07:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Up to about a week ago, I didn't expect the Jags to be active in free agency.  My guess was that they'd sign premier player from outside the organization, and then re-sign A-Rob.  And I'm thrilled with our new guard - I love the signing. But I think for what we gave to Lee and. Moncrief, we could have given to keep Robinson. And now we're dangerously close to being over the cap.  This makes nervous, considering that we've got to keep the Fearsome Foursome - Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, and Ngakoue. 

I just don't get the love for Moncrief.  He had one good year - with Andrew Luck. But Bortles ain't Andrew Luck. Someone tell me how this makes our WR better. Is he really a true #1 receiver?

This is my reaction too. With key players coming up on free agency next year and the Jags big contracts, how can they be throwing so much money at 2nd tier players like Lee, Moncrief, and Hayden?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 09:37 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(03-13-2018, 07:32 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Really feel like this positions us to take a QB(Jackson or Rudolph) to sit behind Blake at 29.

Word~

(03-14-2018, 06:22 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 02:24 AM)Dakota Wrote: Marcedes Lewis says hi.

If you think marcedes Lewis is a decent tight end right now then we all as a fanbase are at a pathetic place because he is below-average as they come and you know it. We need a legit tight end in the passing game and marcedes Lewis because of age can no longer do that for this team.

Funny, I thought he was one of the better all around TE's in the league. That Ravens game was crazy.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

So far, besides signing Norwell, this FA has been mediocre at the high end and awful at the low end (cough, Hayden, cough),

This is starting to look like what happened to us after 98/99 when the cap nearly killed us. And we wont have the luxury of expansion Texans saving our backside again. I understand spending big money for one elite player like Norwell. But if you do that, I would have expected the rest of the deals would be small vet minimum types to plug holes. This big spending on average players is really head scratching. Hopefully we have a salary cap wizard who can manage this.