Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So we passed on Cousins for Bortles, Hayden and Lee

What a joke.

Norwell signing is great though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We were never gonna sign Cousins lol. That was a pipe dream

So how good is he? Was he able to take his team to the playoffs? If you make 28 million a year you better be able to carry your team at least to the playoffs.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

In my opinion, Cousins is a mediocre quarterback. I never understood all this hype around him.

Just my opinion though.

Yes. A wise decision.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Yup we still have the Bortles conundrum but at least we saved 15% by switching to GEICO......
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Cousins wanted too much guaranteed money.

(03-14-2018, 10:59 AM)Brett Wrote: In my opinion, Cousins is a mediocre quarterback. I never understood all this hype around him.

Just my opinion though.

From the perspective of a fan of an opposing NFC North team,  the pre-knee injury version of Teddy Bridgewater concerned me more than Kirk Cousins does.

Yup, if the Jags signed Cousins, a more natural thrower,, Robinson would have stayed.

Cousins signed a fully guaranteed contract.. If he is not a success the Vikings cap will be trash for the next 3 years.
We can move on from all three of these contracts after this year if we choose.

I don't regret passing on Cousins. His salary would break our cap. I want this team to be built for long term success.

They are getting pretty darn close to assembling an offense that can win with Blake Bortles behind center.

A couple more pieces (RG, TE) and they might even be able to win a few games in 2018 without leaning on the defense so much.

The Hayden signing is the only question mark for me. I like what they've done otherwise and that one may turn out fine as well. It's a lot for a nickel, but the NB is practically a starter these days.

(03-14-2018, 10:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What a joke.

We should have signed Cousins so we didn't have anymore money to put pieces around him!  Genius.

No... we passed on Allen Robinson and Colvin for Bortles, Norwell, Moncreif, Lee, Hayden, and the future of our salary cap (Ramsey, Jack)

That's how I see it anyway.

And really... the only stinger, imo, is Colvin. But 18 mil guaranteed is outside corner money and he wasn't getting that here. Hayden is only 9 mil, likely all in the first year and we can draft a guy like Dawson in the mid rounds to take over in the future.

Boy, we passed on signing Cousins and not having cap available to do much else. What a bunch of buffoons we've got running this team. They don't have a clue what they're doing. They should try playing a little more Madden so they can become message board GMs.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-14-2018, 12:55 PM)Kane Wrote: No... we passed on Allen Robinson and Colvin for Bortles, Norwell, Moncreif, Lee, Hayden, and the future of our salary cap (Ramsey, Jack)

That's how I see it anyway.

And really... the only stinger, imo, is Colvin. But 18 mil guaranteed is outside corner money and he wasn't getting that here. Hayden is only 9 mil, likely all in the first year and we can draft a guy like Dawson in the mid rounds to take over in the future.
Colvin was always expected to chase a starting job outside, so there was no way we were going to re-sign him.  Hayden really is a one year deal unless he proves otherwise.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(03-14-2018, 11:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, if the Jags signed Cousins, a more natural thrower,, Robinson would have stayed.

No he wouldn't have because we wouldn't have the cap space his 28 mil is fully guaranteed we had 29 mil in cap space.

Also he went to a team with Mitch Trubisky as QB so QB clearly didn't matter.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-14-2018, 11:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, if the Jags signed Cousins, a more natural thrower,, Robinson would have stayed.

With what money would we have kept Robinson?

Cluelessness often knows no depth.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 01:13 PM by atburg.)

(03-14-2018, 10:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What a joke.

The real joke will be Minnesota kicking themselves going from 13 wins, to missing the playoffs.

So he went to play with Trubisky?

Cousins is one of the most over rated players ever and his contract proves such. He's getting paid more than Brees for God's sake!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.