Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So we passed on Cousins for Bortles, Hayden and Lee

Cousins has worked the salary structure/system to perfection. The amount of money that average at best QB has already and will continue to make points to some extremely glaring failures of the salary cap structure/system.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Hayden deal is such a joke. Chris Ivory contract 2.0. Even if he plays well it is still a joke. Dude deserves a veteran minimum contract with incentives based on what he has done. Hopefully he fails his physical or something.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 02:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Cousins be like .... "why is everybody talkin about me"

[Image: 636441953737131865-USP-NBA-NEW-ORLEANS-P...683775.JPG]

(03-14-2018, 02:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Cousins is one of the most over rated players ever and his contract proves such. He's getting paid more than Brees for God's sake!

We can go one further, almost double that guy in New England.

(03-14-2018, 12:53 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 10:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What a joke.

Norwell signing is great though.

We should have signed Cousins so we didn't have anymore money to put pieces around him!  Genius.

Yeah I forgot, we didn't even make the playoffs last year!

(03-14-2018, 03:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 12:53 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: We should have signed Cousins so we didn't have anymore money to put pieces around him!  Genius.

Yeah I forgot, we didn't even make the playoffs last year!

What does that even mean?

Norwell signing is great though.He flat out lost 2 big ones late last year .
How many big games has Cousins won?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 06:43 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-14-2018, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Norwell signing is great though.He flat out lost 2 big ones late last year .
How many big games has Cousins won?

How many do you think Bortles would have won on those Redskins teams?

(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How many big games has Cousins won?

How many do you think Bortles would win with the Redskins?

With the roster Cousins had with his only playoff appearance?  At least 1 more than Cousins.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 06:50 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

This is the same kind of crap like when some of us wanted Brees (and no, I am not saying Cousins is as good as Brees, although Brees numbers after leaving the Chargers are not that much better than Cousins numbers right now), but sure lets be smart and keep Byron and Garrard.

(03-14-2018, 06:44 PM)atburg Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: How many do you think Bortles would win with the Redskins?

With the roster Cousins had with his only playoff appearance?  At least 1 more than Cousins.

Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious. Only people in this MB can believe something like that

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 06:58 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How many big games has Cousins won?

How many do you think Bortles would have won on those Redskins teams?

It's hard to say because the redskins has had a solid roster the last few years. It wasn't like Bortles just sat back and let the team carry him to those playoff wins. Bortles made huge plays in both of those games. Cousins has a track record of losing the big games.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 07:52 PM by realtorpat.)

As far as Hayden goes, I like DC's eye for dbs. So I am pretty confident they have a good plan in place and being around Ramsey/Bouye should help a ton.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Cousins had 30 turnovers last year. 1 for each million he gets from the Vikings next year.

Bortles is worth 26 million in Viking math, so we got a hell of a deal!

Yes if some of you had your way we'd be in cap hell with mediocre players everywhere. Cousins' stats have only gotten worse since his rookie year. I'm sure he'd excel in Minnesota as he's originally from the area and have a darn good team. But for the price tag we isn't a QB that will carry you to the postseason.
No pain, no gain.

(03-14-2018, 02:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Cousins has worked the salary structure/system to perfection. The amount of money that average at best QB has already and will continue to make points to some extremely glaring failures of the salary cap structure/system.

I think it points more to failures in the Redskins management.   Year after year, they couldn't seem to make up their mind about the guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 07:31 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

Cousins' old scouting report prior to the 2012 draft states:

OVERVIEW

Cousins was a three-year starter, as well as a rare three-year captain, at Michigan State. He is a self-made guy, a tireless worker who has deficiencies that could hurt his pro potential. He is not a very strong deep thrower; while his velocity is adequate, his accuracy when throwing deep is questionable. Ultimately, Cousins is a guy who could get drafted based on his experience and intangibles, and will need to put on size and fine-tune certain throwing deficiencies to catch on at the next level. Based on the production and leadership at Michigan State, Cousins has late-round value to a team looking for someone to compete for a backup role

[font=NFLEndzoneSansCondMedium, sans-serif]ANALYSIS
[/font]

STRENGTHS

Cousins has all the intangibles necessary for an NFL quarterback and has been a productive three-year starter. The fact that he was a three-year captain will be highly regarded by NFL general managers. He is an accurate and safe thrower who knows how to pick his spots. He is a good athlete who can make plays on the run, but is not going to run past many NFL defenders. A safe pick as a backup option.

WEAKNESSES
[font=arial, sans-serif] Cousins is widely considered to be a game manager type at the next level. He makes good decisions with the ball but has not shown he can make the flash plays to move the offense and win games for his team at the next level. He will need talent around him to succeed, which limits his value.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It seems this was very accurate. 26-30-1 as a starting QB in the NFL, according to Pro Football Reference. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This tweet doesn't get the CAREER W/L total right, but:[/font]

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status...5041230850

(03-14-2018, 11:28 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, if the Jags signed Cousins, a more natural thrower,, Robinson would have stayed.

Say what?

(03-14-2018, 10:59 AM)Brett Wrote: In my opinion, Cousins is a mediocre quarterback. I never understood all this hype around him.

Just my opinion though.

I agree with you and see a lot of cap money going down the drain.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 09:22 AM by Etdavis2006.)

What will be hilarious is if the Vikings don’t make the playoffs after that contract. The nfc North is way tougher than the east. Rodgers will be in full effect next season

Bortles and Lee are still improving