Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So we passed on Cousins for Bortles, Hayden and Lee

what is the love fest with Cousins? Are you guys so brainwashed that you follow whatever the media tells you? The dude is mediocre at best.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 06:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This is the same kind of crap like when some of us wanted Brees (and no, I am not saying Cousins is as good as Brees, although Brees numbers after leaving the Chargers are not that much better than Cousins numbers right now), but sure lets be smart and keep Byron and Garrard.

(03-14-2018, 06:44 PM)atburg Wrote: With the roster Cousins had with his only playoff appearance?  At least 1 more than Cousins.

Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious. Only people in this MB can believe something like that

He lost his only playoff game, with a loaded roster! Pretty easy to believe something like that.

(03-15-2018, 04:13 PM)atburg Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This is the same kind of crap like when some of us wanted Brees (and no, I am not saying Cousins is as good as Brees, although Brees numbers after leaving the Chargers are not that much better than Cousins numbers right now), but sure lets be smart and keep Byron and Garrard.

Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious. Only people in this MB can believe something like that

He lost his only playoff game, with a loaded roster! Pretty easy to believe something like that.

Sorry but Washington wasn't even close to a loaded roster. We've broken down Cousins vs Bortles run game total yards, yards per carry, defensive points allowed, and defensive yards allowed for their careers and they were both awful but Bortles not quite as awful as Cousins. Cousins did a whole lot with the garbage he had.

(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:13 PM)atburg Wrote: He lost his only playoff game, with a loaded roster! Pretty easy to believe something like that.

Sorry but Washington wasn't even close to a loaded roster. We've broken down Cousins vs Bortles run game total yards, yards per carry, defensive points allowed, and defensive yards allowed for their careers and they were both awful but Bortles not quite as awful as Cousins. Cousins did a whole lot with the garbage he had.

Well then it's literally guaranteed that Cousins is going to win the next 3 straight Super Bowls with that stacked Vikings team huh? Since he's so good and all  Laughing

(03-15-2018, 04:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well then it's literally guaranteed that Cousins is going to win the next 3 straight Super Bowls with that stacked Vikings team huh? Since he's so good and all  Laughing

Yep that's exactly how the NFL works, genius.

(03-15-2018, 04:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well then it's literally guaranteed that Cousins is going to win the next 3 straight Super Bowls with that stacked Vikings team huh? Since he's so good and all  Laughing

Yep that's exactly how the NFL works, genius.

Obvious it's not how the league works.

But you've did nothing but salivate out of the mouth when talking about how great he is and that everything he did was with a garbage roster.

He now has a roster and Defense especially that is stacked. It's 13+ wins and Super Bowl or bust for them, for the next 3 years. Anything less will be a massive failure and I have no doubts it'll be a failure.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 05:14 PM by atburg.)

(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:13 PM)atburg Wrote: He lost his only playoff game, with a loaded roster! Pretty easy to believe something like that.

That was an absolutely loaded roster the one year they went to the playoffs (at 9-7), with Cousins!

Jackson-Garcon -Reed vs Westbrook-Cole-Lewis

Doesn't take a brain surgeon

(03-15-2018, 05:01 PM)atburg Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Sorry but Washington wasn't even close to a loaded roster. We've broken down Cousins vs Bortles run game total yards, yards per carry, defensive points allowed, and defensive yards allowed for their careers and they were both awful but Bortles not quite as awful as Cousins. Cousins did a whole lot with the garbage he had.

That was an absolutely loaded roster the one year they went to the playoffs (at 9-7), with Cousins!

So loaded that they were 20th in rushing and 28th in defense...like I said we've done this before.

They passed on Cousins for more than just that. Any true fan with eyes would be able to recognize what's being done here. It's very intelligent. They're loading up the roster with quality starters and depth to back fill the needs they had going into this off season. Now they don't have to go into the draft next month worrying about landing that freakish TE, or bruising G or nickel CB. They don't have to worry about cutting or trading players away in next year's off season because they were tied up in blockbuster deals with Allen Robinson, a guy that they didn't need after all to make a deep play-off run.

This entire offense is shifting towards a legitimate power running offense now and they'll be using a lot of tight ends on the field. This allows them to dictate the defenses they play against in a wide variety of ways. You can create more running lanes, you can create more play action plays and it'll allow our smaller, speedier receivers to get down field in a hurry. This is a good looking team already going into 2018's season. And again, they don't have to sweat trying to re sign Ngakoue, Jack & Ramsey so much now.

I expect a few more cuts to be made by tonight or tomorrow. Allen Hurns could be next.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If he was so great, Washington wouldn't have let him leave.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 05:36 PM by atburg.)

(03-15-2018, 05:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 05:01 PM)atburg Wrote: That was an absolutely loaded roster the one year they went to the playoffs (at 9-7), with Cousins!

So loaded that they were 20th in rushing and 28th in defense...like I said we've done this bebefore.

As usual you spin your agenda, kind of like Blake chocking against a "bad" Buffalo defense (6th against the pass). Washington's defense was 16th in points allowed, along with 19th against the pass. 

So your argument to prove that they were "loaded!" is to say that depending on which angle you look at they were average at best to very bad?

(03-15-2018, 04:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Sorry but Washington wasn't even close to a loaded roster. We've broken down Cousins vs Bortles run game total yards, yards per carry, defensive points allowed, and defensive yards allowed for their careers and they were both awful but Bortles not quite as awful as Cousins. Cousins did a whole lot with the garbage he had.

Well then it's literally guaranteed that Cousins is going to win the next 3 straight Super Bowls with that stacked Vikings team huh? Since he's so good and all  Laughing

Even the greats don’t win everyone they go to. You guys are ridiculous with some of the lines of  argument that you use. Cousins is a plenty fine quarterback. He’s not elite. But almost nobody has an elite quarterback. If you’re not the Pats packers saints or maybe Steelers you don’t have an elite quarterback. Y’all need to stop being silly.

Cousins is better than Bortles. But he’s not $10 million a year better than Bortles. It’s called the free market and having leverage. Some of y’all are raw about him getting that great contract.  

And y’all are too easily dismissing what a pile of hot trash that Washington franchise is.  Their owner and front office stink. What have they ever done? Their coach is a nobody. If his name was John brown instead of John Gruden he would never have gotten the job to begin with. 

So while I am glad that our team did not break the bank for him, I am glad he got a good contract with a good team. And I look forward to seeing them in the Super Bowl against us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-15-2018, 06:06 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Even the greats don’t win everyone they go to. You guys are ridiculous with some of the lines of  argument that you use. Cousins is a plenty fine quarterback. He’s not elite. But almost nobody has an elite quarterback. If you’re not the Pats packers saints or maybe Steelers you don’t have an elite quarterback. Y’all need to stop being silly.

Cousins is better than Bortles. But he’s not $10 million a year better than Bortles. It’s called the free market and having leverage. Some of y’all are raw about him getting that great contract.  

And y’all are too easily dismissing what a pile of hot trash that Washington franchise is.  Their owner and front office stink. What have they ever done? Their coach is a nobody. If his name was John brown instead of John Gruden he would never have gotten the job to begin with. 

So while I am glad that our team did not break the bank for him, I am glad he got a good contract with a good team. And I look forward to seeing them in the Super Bowl against us.

I'm far from raw about him getting that contract. If we threw away that money on him, then I'd be raw because I know he isn't that good and have said it from day 1. I have also said he is an upgrade over Bortles, but not that much of an upgrade and definitely not $10m a year upgrade over Bortles.

We passed on him because he is a mediocre QB that was going to fetch elite QB pay. No thanks was their response. Thank goodness.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-14-2018, 10:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What a joke.

Norwell signing is great though.

Also, why some people seem to think Cousins is Tom Brady in his prime is a mystery.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 07:27 PM by atburg.)

(03-15-2018, 06:06 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Who's raw about his contract? It was common knowledge months ago how much he would get.

For the record it's Jay, not John. Huge difference!

(03-15-2018, 05:41 PM)Upper Wrote: So your argument to prove that they were "loaded!" is to say that depending on which angle you look at they were average at best to very bad?

Yeah, if was throwing the ball to the defense. The highest paid quarterback in the league should be able to overcome at least some of that, considering the skill position pieces he had. This was according to you, the player to put us over the top. Average as he is, Blake won us the Pittsburgh playoff game with a faltering defense. The same reason (excuse) you give for Cousins not winning any meaningful games, everybody else's fault. But keeping trying, maybe you can write for Big cat country someday....... Oh wait.

(03-15-2018, 07:16 PM)atburg Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 06:06 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:  Even the greats don’t win everyone they go to. You guys are ridiculous with some of the lines of  argument that you use. Cousins is a plenty fine quarterback. He’s not elite. But almost nobody has an elite quarterback. If you’re not the Pats packers saints or maybe Steelers you don’t have an elite quarterback. Y’all need to stop being silly.

Who's raw about his contract? It was common knowledge months ago how much he would get.

Lol!  Yep, I got in a hurry and misspoke.  :-)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 08:04 PM by jagsfan1983.)

(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How many big games has Cousins won?

How many do you think Bortles would have won on those Redskins teams?

Cousins played 1 playoff game and scored 18 points. He had a pro bowl WR a pro bowl TE and a pro bowl RB on that team.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 08:23 PM by atburg.)

(03-15-2018, 07:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 07:16 PM)atburg Wrote: Who's raw about his contract? It was common knowledge months ago how much he would get.

Lol!  Yep, I got in a hurry and misspoke.  :-)
Careful, you're messing with a darling of the national media with Jon . lol

(03-15-2018, 08:04 PM)jagsfan1983 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: How many do you think Bortles would have won on those Redskins teams?

Cousins played 1 playoff game and scored 18 points. He had a pro bowl WR a pro bowl TE and a pro bowl RB on that team.

Along with a very good #2 receiver, and a great line.