Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So we passed on Cousins for Bortles, Hayden and Lee

The bottom line if you pay Cousins that money you hamstring the rest of the team. I do not think Cousins would of been a better QB for the Jags last year than Blake. Cousins throws a prettier ball but that's about it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2018, 08:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The bottom line if you pay Cousins that money you hamstring the rest of the team.  I do not think Cousins would of been a better QB for the Jags last year than Blake.  Cousins throws a prettier ball but that's about it.

Cousins lost 16 fumbles last year! 13 the year before that! His pocket awarness is trash! It's not something that shows up on his passing stats, but it's HORRIBLE.

(03-15-2018, 10:10 PM)PVKnight Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 08:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The bottom line if you pay Cousins that money you hamstring the rest of the team.  I do not think Cousins would of been a better QB for the Jags last year than Blake.  Cousins throws a prettier ball but that's about it.

Cousins lost 16 fumbles last year! 13 the year before that! His pocket awarness is trash! It's not something that shows up on his passing stats, but it's HORRIBLE.

Where are you getting these numbers from?  From what I see, he had 13 fumbles last year and lost 5, and 9 the year before that and lost 3.  I mean, it's certainly not great, but that's a far cry from losing 29 fumbles over 2 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kirkcousins/25...areerstats

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 01:38 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

Brees in 58 games with the Chargers 79 TDs 53 ints
Cousins in 59 games with the Redskins 95 TDs 52 ints
Bortles in 62 games 90 TDs 64 ints

And Bortles is improving? yeah, I suppose it is impossible for Cousins to improve, I mean Brees didn't improve at all either...

As always this board knows way better than everyone else, Bortles is so much better than Cousins... I bet Minnesota was hoping we let him go so they could give him the same contract they gave to Cousins LOL

I just remember us being down 28-0 on Thursday night vs the Titans....Bortles ends the game with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2018, 09:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 07:54 PM)kiwitexansfan Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Much more mature than what I'm getting over on gotitans (drafting for both teams)

Must be nice to feel like you have a complete roster. Got a lot of wholes over in Houston, a lot of talent, but a lot of wholes.

Don't wanna be that guy, but I have to point out your spelling mistake. 'Wholes' should have an 'r' instead of an 'l'.

(03-16-2018, 01:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Brees in 58 games with the Chargers 79 TDs 53 ints
Cousins in 59 games with the Redskins 95 TDs 52 ints
Bortles in 62 games 90 TDs 64 ints

And Bortles is improving? yeah, I suppose it is impossible for Cousins to improve, I mean Brees didn't improve at all either...

As always this board knows way better than everyone else, Bortles is so much better than Cousins... I bet Minnesota was hoping we let him go so they could give him the same contract they gave to Cousins LOL

Extrapolated to the extent of an entire career, the percentages created by those stats would be nearly identical.

I haven't read the entirety of the argument, but presented the stats shown, I would guess you are expecting Bortles and Cousins to have a career trajectory similar to Brees.

We can only hope.
Signature goes here.

(03-16-2018, 06:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just remember us being down 28-0 on Thursday night vs the Titans....Bortles ends the game with 331 yards passing and 3 TDs.

You know the narrative, that only happened because the other team quit trying.  Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato