Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian Jenkins plans to visit the Jags

Just draft a TE. My goodness. Enough [BLEEP] footing around. SMH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 02:38 PM)Kcirred Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 02:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: How? They don't have the draft capital to get into the top14?

How don't they have the draft capital?  Might cost a future 1st, maybe not.  Personally I think Mayfield falls further than people think he will.  Just a thought, this team has very few holes right now.  Its really only QB and TE.

...and nickel back ...and a starting MLB ...and a starting RG

...plus a backup FS since they haven't resigned Peyton Thompson.

Keep in mind we can really use two new TEs, plus Marcedes might retire after this season. Even if we get ASJ, I can still see us taking Hayden Hurst in round two.

'02

One thing that jumps out as a caution flag is the Jets had the most salary cap space in the NFL earlier this week and yet ASJ is on the verge of hitting the market as an UFA.

(03-14-2018, 03:39 PM)D6 Wrote: One thing that jumps out as a caution flag is the Jets had the most salary cap space in the NFL earlier this week and yet ASJ is on the verge of hitting the market as an UFA.

They offered him a decent deal and still want him, but with his checkered past it makes sense for everyone to see what the market could bear.

(03-14-2018, 03:39 PM)D6 Wrote: One thing that jumps out as a caution flag is the Jets had the most salary cap space in the NFL earlier this week and yet ASJ is on the verge of hitting the market as an UFA.

It was reported that the Jets offered him a contract, but he wanted to test the FA market and see if he could get more. Seems like he is going about it the right way and setting up visits and actually seeing places rather than just chasing a $ bill via the phone.

(03-14-2018, 03:42 PM)Upper Wrote:

They offered him a decent deal and still want him, but with his checkered past it makes sense for everyone to see what the market could bear.

I respect what you mentioned.  Yet,  with so much salary cap space,  the Jets could easily front load a contract.  That would substantially protect them in case they need to move in another direction in a future season.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 03:55 PM by Kcirred.)

(03-14-2018, 03:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 02:38 PM)Kcirred Wrote: How don't they have the draft capital?  Might cost a future 1st, maybe not.  Personally I think Mayfield falls further than people think he will.  Just a thought, this team has very few holes right now.  Its really only QB and TE.

...and nickel back ...and a starting MLB ...and a starting RG

...plus a backup FS since they haven't resigned Peyton Thompson.

Keep in mind we can really use two new TEs, plus Marcedes might retire after this season. Even if we get ASJ, I can still see us taking Hayden Hurst in round two.

Hayden is nickel (Though I don't thinks he's good), Jack probably will be the MLB, and an OLB isn't hard to get.  Can be drafted in the mid rounds plus we still have Blair Brown who I think has potential.  Cann needs to be replaced I agree, they seem to like him for some reason, but again an RG can be had in like the 3rd round or 4th round.  QB and TE are the positions that stick out.  Not worried about a backup FS really, Thompson is irrelevant.

(03-14-2018, 03:47 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 03:42 PM)Upper Wrote: They offered him a decent deal and still want him, but with his checkered past it makes sense for everyone to see what the market could bear.

I respect what you mentioned.  Yet,  with so much salary cap space,  the Jets could easily front load a contract.  That would substantially protect them in case they need to move in another direction in a future season.

With all of the money being thrown around right now, he'd be crazy not to test the market. The deal will still be there if he sees no big money deals elsewhere.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Just because a player vists a team doesn't mean he is sighning with the team.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 04:43 PM by D6.)

(03-14-2018, 03:59 PM)FBT Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 03:47 PM)D6 Wrote:  I respect what you mentioned.  Yet,  with so much salary cap space,  the Jets could easily front load a contract.  That would substantially protect them in case they need to move in another direction in a future season.

With all of the money being thrown around right no, he'd be crazy not to test the market. The deal will still be there if he sees no big money deals elsewhere.

That might have been his mindset.  The risk associated with that is if the Jets find another option at TE on the open market or in a trade,  they might move on from ASJ.  Then it will come down to whether at least one other team has enough confidence that he's past problems are in the past that they are willing to make a sizable offer.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/9...6257699840
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

And just to further complicate things, Eric Ebron is available too now...

Ian Rapoport:
More
#Jets FA TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins leaves his #Seahawks visit and is headed to visit the #Jaguars, source said.

Caldwell rarely misses once he gets them in....

Am I missing something? Looking at his stats, he is mediocre at best.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Usually we’re the team guys use as a threat to get more money. Now we’re getting visits after the Seahawks. What a time

(03-14-2018, 01:25 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 01:23 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Exactly... this team looked like it was heading towards some smart decisions and possibly keeping from having to worry about signing people like Ramsey/Yannick once it came time to... this team will be depleted in 3-4 years. It's pretty scary considering how long we went without a competitive team but hopefully the next 3-4 years are some of the best years we've ever seen out of this team and possibly any team in the NFL period for a decent period of time.

I honestly think they'll figure it out.  We front-loaded a ton of deals with our free agents.  I would guess that we'll see some guys released like Dareus and/or Jackson to make some room.  As long as we keep our ends and our corners, I think we'll be fine.

I agree.  I really like how the Jaguars have front loaded contracts.  It gives us lots of options going forward.  As an example, if the Jaguars needed money next year, they could cut Hurns and Dareus and save almost $20 million from the cap with no dead money.  If Dareus hypothetically is a pro-bowler this year and Jackson struggles, we could opt to cut Jackson instead and the cap savings are roughly the same.  Those are just a couple of quick examples.  Maybe they keep both Dareus and Jackson but cut Parnell and Abry Jones.  They have plenty of options.  When the Jaguars need the cap room, they can pick and choose the option that they think will have the least impact to the team.  Our starting corners and ends are going nowhere as long as they continue play like they did last year.

Yeah cap shouldnt be an issue to keep our guys
No Fun

lol at people even questioning the best man in the biz, Mr. John Idzick

(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol at people even questioning the best man in the biz, Mr. John Idzick

People question Coughlin. Not Idzick. 
Idzick has to reconcile what Cough-Well give him to manage.

As good as he may be - he can be overwhelmed by others decisions.