Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian Jenkins plans to visit the Jags

(03-14-2018, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol at people even questioning the best man in the biz, Mr. John Idzick

People question Coughlin. Not Idzick. 
Idzick has to reconcile what Cough-Well give him to manage.

As good as he may be - he can be overwhelmed by others decisions.

Coughwell. 

We finally have a name for them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol at people even questioning the best man in the biz, Mr. John Idzick

People question Coughlin. Not Idzick. 

The contracts run through Idzick.  No worries, he's not overwhelmed

(03-14-2018, 11:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: People question Coughlin. Not Idzick. 

The contracts run through Idzick.  No worries, he's not overwhelmed

I hope you're right and I think that's likely, but you are still making an assumption here.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 01:10 AM by haveaseat.)

idzick is a cap god. TERRIBLE GM but a cap genius.

(03-14-2018, 04:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Just because a player vists a team doesn't mean he  is sighning with the team.

Yea, the plan now has shifted to signing ‘Orange’ Julius Thomas since he just got cut by the Fins. The time in South Beach allowed him to do some soul searching. He now wants to thaw out in Jax for another payday.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He Landed a couple of hours ago in Jacksonville accordino to josinaa Anderson. Hopefully we keep him here.

(03-15-2018, 10:21 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: He Landed a couple of hours ago in Jacksonville accordino to josinaa Anderson. Hopefully we keep him here.

All this cap we're spending, surely we could have let Lee walk and keep ARob? 

Or did he just really not want to stay in Jax for whatever reason... I know he didn't see eye to eye with Bortles

Looks like he wants about 6 million. I think the Jags will sign him and either cut Hurns or re-do his contract. If Seferian-Jenkins has truly cleaned up his act, which appears to be the case, this would be a good deal for the Jaguars. They will be totally free to take the BAP in every round which is a great spot to be in. I would also expect them to be more active on draft day- especially moving up for a player they covet. The fun part will be that nobody other than Coughlin and Caldwell has any idea which players they will be targeting. Personally, my top priority if they sign ASJ would be an offensive lineman who can challenge Cann- but also be able to swing to tackle in case one of the starters is injured. One guy that might fit the bill would be Tyrell Crosby- somewhere in round 2. He can play either position and is a mauler- which would fit in nicely with what they have now.

(03-15-2018, 01:09 AM)haveaseat Wrote: idzick is a cap god. TERRIBLE GM but a cap genius.

Cap god

Seahawks Insider at The News Tribune states a source told them the visit to Seattle was "fruitless" and he expects ASJ to sign with the Jaguars instead.

(03-15-2018, 10:34 AM)crouchy22 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:21 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: He Landed a couple of hours ago in Jacksonville accordino to josinaa Anderson. Hopefully we keep him here.

All this cap we're spending, surely we could have let Lee walk and keep ARob? 

Or did he just really not want to stay in Jax for whatever reason... I know he didn't see eye to eye with Bortles

I think you hit the nail on the head there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-15-2018, 11:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:34 AM)crouchy22 Wrote: All this cap we're spending, surely we could have let Lee walk and keep ARob? 

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

I kinda think its the Bortles thing as well. I dont think the FO disrespected him monetarily.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 12:53 PM by JackCity.)

Arob not seeing eye to with Bortles is based off of a stray pass in a preseason practice.

In other words, not evidence of anything.

If they are able to sign ASJ, this free agency has been extremely surprising and rewarding. They are clearly thinking the time is now to win, and are putting heavy chips on the table.

(03-15-2018, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Arob not seeing eye to with Bortles is based off of a stray pass in a preseason practice.  

I'm pretty sure a couple of years ago he was seen liking Instagram posts and tweets about the Jags needing a new QB and possible replacements.

Eifert >>>>>>>>>>>> ASJ

Please sign EIFERT

(03-15-2018, 01:36 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: Eifert >>>>>>>>>>>> ASJ

Please sign EIFERT

Havent even heard his name yet, must be really high in demand

(03-15-2018, 01:29 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Arob not seeing eye to with Bortles is based off of a stray pass in a preseason practice.  

I'm pretty sure a couple of years ago he was seen liking Instagram posts and tweets about the Jags needing a new QB and possible replacements.

Un oh well Ramsey was liking Cousins and Lamar Jackson posts all offseason hopefully we don't turn on him too.

(03-15-2018, 10:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Looks like he wants about 6 million. I think the Jags will sign him and either cut Hurns or re-do his contract. If Seferian-Jenkins has truly cleaned up his act, which appears to be the case, this would be a good deal for the Jaguars. They will be totally free to take the BAP in every round which is a great spot to be in. I would also expect them to be more active on draft day- especially moving up for a player they covet. The fun part will be that nobody other than Coughlin and Caldwell has any idea which players they will be targeting. Personally, my top priority if they sign ASJ would be an offensive lineman who can challenge Cann- but also be able to swing to tackle in case one of the starters is injured. One guy that might fit the bill would be Tyrell Crosby- somewhere in round 2. He can play either position and is a mauler- which would fit in nicely with what they have now.

Dave stated that there wasn't much dialogue with ARob.  He also used the word "circumstances".
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-15-2018, 01:36 PM)sacksonville2k Wrote: Eifert >>>>>>>>>>>> ASJ

Please sign EIFERT

Eifert has played a total of 24 games in the last 4 years because he can't stay healthy.   I'd pass.