Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Request FA Summary

I am a working guy and it is not in front of a computer.  Need summary.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1 keeper, 5 will be released in late August.

Additions/re-signings:

Andrew Norwell G
Donte Moncreif WR
Marqise Lee WR
Shane Wynn WR
Corey Grant RB
Nickel CB - DJ Hayden
DB/S - Cody Davis
TE - Niles Paul

Non troll answer
Got Andrew Norwell,top guard in the league,paid 13.5
Resigned Marquise Lee for 9.5
Signed WR Donte Moncief for 7 or 10 mil
Signed Nickel DJ Hayden from the Lions for 6.5 a year
Signed Cody Davis as a backup Saftey
Signed Don Carey as a backup Saftey/Corner
Signed Niles Paul as a backup TE
Colvin went to the Texans
AROB went to the Bears
Poz retired

I am not seeing anything official regarding new signings yet.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-14-2018, 06:11 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I am not seeing anything official regarding new signings yet.

Correct. They are all unofficial as of now.  Those listed have been reported by credible sources however. Certainly could change though.

(03-14-2018, 06:13 PM)gs Wrote: fredalwaysajag
[quote pid='1111721' dateline='1521065490']
I am not seeing anything official regarding new signings yet.

Correct. They are all unofficial as of now.  Those listed have been reported by credible sources however. Certainly could change though.
[/quote]

Things are gonna start to snowball. The potenial releases are gonna be crazy.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Looking at the additions and subtractions this year's free agency period doesn't look too bad.  While yes, we lost 3 fan favorites (and very good players) in Paul Posluszny, Allen Robinson and Aaron Colvin along with a "not-so fan favorite" in Chris Ivory, We added a quality guard, some good special teams players and some depth.  We also inked our starting quarterback to a longer term team-friendly deal along with a couple of other players that contributed to to last season's success to cap-friendly deals.

Looking at the big picture, we have basically lost 2 of the 53 that took us to an AFC South Championship win and a few plays away from the Super Bowl last season.  We have added a few that can potentially step in and contribute to another winning season and we aren't even up to the draft yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We seriously signed Don Carey? lol

(03-14-2018, 07:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We seriously signed Don Carey? lol

Lol.

Guy has carved a nice career out of being good on teams.

(03-14-2018, 05:42 PM)JesseJames Wrote: I am a working guy and it is not in front of a computer.  Need summary.

http://bfy.tw/H7N8

You're welcome.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I was thinking this as well. How is Don Juan still in the league. The guy was terrible 6 years ago.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-14-2018, 08:39 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:42 PM)JesseJames Wrote: I am a working guy and it is not in front of a computer.  Need summary.

http://bfy.tw/H7N8

You're welcome.

Impressive --- that was good.

Still waiting for the team to sign a guy with a funny name like in the past with Long Ding or Ashton Youboty.

(03-14-2018, 07:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Lol.

I'm new here, but what team do you actually pull for, JagsFan? Very obvious that it is another team and that your life is pretty miserable. On a positive note though it feels good to have other team's fans mad enough at us that they spend valuable minutes of their life trolling a free message board. We are headed in the right direction.

(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lol.

I'm new here, but what team do you actually pull for, JagsFan? Very obvious that it is another team and that your life is pretty miserable. On a positive note though it feels good to have other team's fans mad enough at us that they spend valuable minutes of their life trolling a free message board. We are headed in the right direction.

You're new, so I guess you don't know the history of Don Carey since you just became a Jaguars fan when they started gaining steam to make the playoffs last year. I lol because Carey used to be a Jaguar many years ago, and he's back.  So, I guess if you scoff at a signee you're automatically not a Jaguars fan.  Lets all just be clueless and think every signee is going to take the Jaguars to the SB.  I change my mind, the Don Carey acquisition is a genius move. GO JAGUARS.

Don Carey. lol. hella funny.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(03-15-2018, 11:33 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: I'm new here, but what team do you actually pull for, JagsFan? Very obvious that it is another team and that your life is pretty miserable. On a positive note though it feels good to have other team's fans mad enough at us that they spend valuable minutes of their life trolling a free message board. We are headed in the right direction.

You're new, so I guess you don't know the history of Don Carey since you just became a Jaguars fan when they started gaining steam to make the playoffs last year. I lol because Carey used to be a Jaguar many years ago, and he's back.  So, I guess if you scoff at a signee you're automatically not a Jaguars fan.  Lets all just be clueless and think every signee is going to take the Jaguars to the SB.  I change my mind, the Don Carey acquisition is a genius move. GO JAGUARS.

Don Carey has become a very good special teams player since he left Jacksonville. He's not here to be a defensive starter - but the fact that he can back up two different spots on defense makes him an even better signing. 

Educate yourself on these players and quit the constant whining and moaning about every single move the team makes. You just make yourself look foolish. 

It's not surprising a new member thinks questions your fanhood. All you do is complain about or berate the Jags.

OFFICIAL SIGNINGS:

S Cody Davis
G Andrew Norwell
TE Niles Paul
S/ST ace -  Don Carey
WR Marqise Lee
WR  Donte Moncreif