Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Jaguars sign cornerback D.J. Hayden as an unrestricted free agent

Jaguars sign cornerback D.J. Hayden as an unrestricted free agent

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...73920b2e2b

The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed sixth-year CB D.J. Hayden as an unrestricted free agent, the club announced today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was hoping they'd have changed their minds on this one. Very puzzling to pay this guy so much.

ughhhhhhhh but whyyyyyy

This guy probably got the first flight to Jacksonville when he got off the phone with Caldwell. Never even went to a hotel just slept outside Caldwells door ready to sign his lottery ticket. Caldwell makes solid signings but every now and then there is one of these thrown in there.. just like House and Ivory.

Feels like a gene signing
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Colvin got $8.5 million per, from the Texans. The thing is, he'd played outside as the #2 CB earlier with us and he did well, I don't think it was just a money issue for him, I think he wanted to start on the outside and he knew that barring injury that is completely unrealistic in Duval. I can't imagine TC and DC not being willing to shell out an extra $2 million per year to keep Colvin over Hayden. We may have offered more than the Tinhorns, but the opportunity to start outweighed the difference in $$.

I will admit I wanted DRC when he was cut by the Giants, but at his age I'd be wary of the dropoff in production which each subsequent year as he gets older and loses a step.

I for one aren't as down on the Hayden signing as most. Last year he split time with Nevin Lawson at the #2 CB spot, and Hayden moved inside on Nickel Downs (D6 please correct me if I'm wrong, and weigh in on this signing as no one will have better insight than you). He didn't allow a TD all last year (which may be due to scheme as nickels dont play in the redzone; but it also means he wasn't beat deep) he wasn't perfect last year but he was also on the outside drawing the 2nd best opposing WR as an assignment. His strengths are quickness and staying in position even when giving ground, he's also a good blitzer from what I understand. Obviously anyone we sign will be a step down from Colvin, but its not like we have Don Carey playing Nickel for us ... although we're a few injuries away from that becoming a very scary reality O_O
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!