Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TE Luke Willson visiting Friday

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 03:01 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/974354518577156096

ALL THE TIGHT ENDS!!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does that mean the Austin Sefarian Jenkins meeting did not go well?

All I know is he's fast, good depth, bad blocker and a very funny guy.

I was a big Willson fan a few years ago. Wouldn't hate it but would rather the ASJ deal happen.

(03-15-2018, 02:53 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/974354518577156096

ALL THE TIGHT ENDS!!

There were a couple TEs from Rice a few years ago. I think he was the lesser talent. This is a good TE draft. About six who can step in and start/contribute signficantly right away.

[Image: idiocrahed.jpg?itok=HUImyLHm&resize=1100x619]
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikegarafolo/...5873982464
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Who doesn't love tight ends, right?

(03-15-2018, 08:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Who doesn't love tight ends, right?

I can give lots of answers to this. All of them would get me banned.

Token Canadian? Good luck getting across the border. I think we may be at the point where our front office just wants to chill and drink some Molson with someone that's fun.

Is Owen Wilson also signing with JAX?

Did he ever make it to Jacksonville? I don't see any tweets or news about it.

Clearly we're keeping at least four TEs if not five.

I hope we still take Hayden Hurst in round two if he's there, but all these TEs are starting to make me think we pass on drafting one of the stud TEs in this draft. If Luke does sign it's probably worth changing up the mock drafts, but TE would be back on the table in the draft should Wilson leave without a contract.

Just to keep track, here's how I'd rank the TEs including Luke Wilson...

1. Marcedes Lewis
  2. Luke Wilson - FA visit
  3. Niles Paul
  4. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
  5. Ben Koyack
  6. James O'Shaugnessy
  7. David Grinnage

'02

(03-17-2018, 12:19 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Clearly we're keeping at least four TEs if not five.

I hope we still take Hayden Hurst in round two if he's there, but all these TEs are starting to make me think we pass on drafting one of the stud TEs in this draft. If Luke does sign it's probably worth changing up the mock drafts, but TE would be back on the table in the draft should Wilson leave without a contract.

1. Marcedes Lewis
  3. Niles Paul
  5. Ben Koyack
  6. James O'Shaugnessy
  7. David Grinnage

ASJ at a minimum would be TE #2, if not supplanting Marcedes for overall duties. You don’t pay him 5 million a year to be 4th string.

(03-17-2018, 12:53 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 12:19 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Clearly we're keeping at least four TEs if not five.

1. Marcedes Lewis
  3. Niles Paul
  5. Ben Koyack
  6. James O'Shaugnessy
  7. David Grinnage

ASJ at a minimum would be TE #2, if not supplanting Marcedes for overall duties. You don’t pay him 5 million a year to be 4th string.

You might have a point. Paul is only making $2.375 mil per, but Wilson is better than ASJ.
'02

My TE ranking would differ...

1. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
2. Marcedes Lewis
3. Luke Wilson (if signed)
4. Niles Paul
T5. Ben Koyack
T5. James O'Shaugnessy
7. David Grinnage

Paul is here to play special teams. Everything else is gravy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-17-2018, 09:28 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 12:53 AM)knarnn Wrote: ASJ at a minimum would be TE #2, if not supplanting Marcedes for overall duties. You don’t pay him 5 million a year to be 4th string.

You might have a point. Paul is only making $2.375 mil per, but Wilson is better than ASJ.

I don't know how you can say that.

ASJ is coming off a 50 reception season, Wilson is coming off a 15.

He's off now to visit the Lions. Didn't work out in Jax I guess. I wonder if they agreed to host him, despite knowing that the TE position was full after signing ASJ, minus a TE or 2 that they were going to draft. Anyways, I am more excited about getting a TE in the draft.

(03-17-2018, 09:25 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: He's off now to visit the Lions.  Didn't work out in Jax I guess. I wonder if they agreed to host him,  despite knowing that the TE position was full after signing ASJ,  minus a TE or 2 that they were going to draft.  Anyways,  I am more excited about getting a TE in the draft.

With Luke likely moving on I'm now back to thinking Hayden Hurst with the late round two pick.

As for why I liked Luke over ASJ, it was mainly because he's been healthier and shown more consistency year in and year out. 

'02