Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - OFFICIAL: Seferian-Jenkins signs

OFFICIAL: Seferian-Jenkins signs

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...27a582eacd

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins officially signs as unrestricted free agent with Jaguars; sixth-year veteran spent past two seasons with the New York Jets

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best Front Office in the NFL !!!

(03-15-2018, 10:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Best Front Office in the NFL !!!

agreed

(03-15-2018, 10:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Best Front Office in the NFL !!!

agreed

Def arguable. They've done a way better job than I could have imagined in free agency. The dj Hayden move is a weird one, but otherwise a lot of strong moves.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

This free agency period has been nuts. I feel like the AFC championship game really motivated the Front Office to bolster this roster to prevent them from losing again. My mind was really on what would happen to Arob and Colvin, I would have never imagined them attaining Norwell and ASJ. Go Jags

(03-16-2018, 06:43 AM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: This free agency period has been nuts.  I feel like the AFC championship game really motivated the Front Office to bolster this roster to prevent them from losing again.  My mind was really on what would happen to Arob and Colvin, I would have never imagined them attaining Norwell and ASJ.  Go Jags

We focused on the parts we couldn't keep, the FO was focused on the parts they wanted.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Love this pick up. Jags added depth and talent across the boards. Can't wait for the draft.

If they bring in Wilson, TE's go from a weak point to a strength. You have the blocker, the pass catcher, and the dual threat. I like it. Poor Koyack and Oshaughnessy get lost in the shuffle.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 08:28 AM by irontrooper83.)

I love this signing. ASJ has a lot of talent, good hands (he had a fantastic reception against us last year), speed. I really hope he can finally reach his potential with us. He should be a big upgrade compared Koyack and O'Shaughnessy anyway (I loved those guys effort though, they gave it all and made some plays when it mattered and will give us a different dimension since he's a bigger threat against the pass.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 08:49 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-15-2018, 09:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: OFFICIAL: Seferian-Jenkins signs

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins officially signs as unrestricted free agent with Jaguars; sixth-year veteran spent past two seasons with the New York Jets

You really believe he can lay off the sauce? He is in the league substance abuse program, no? What's great about that? He was suspended just last year for two games for a current violation. The joke writer on the official web site failed to mention ASJ is a repeat offender.

Back track a little. Dirk Koetter is a reasonable guy. He was here for several years. We know he can judge character. As Tampa Bay's head coach, Dirk wasted no time at all, kicking him off the practice field during minicamp.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-violation

Read the comments below the NFL.com article.

"Jenny Doll - ASJ is the definition of "idiot" lol" "Alan Schein - What is it with UW tight ends, First, Jerramy Stevens and now this guy. Both incredibly talented...poor work ethic...and can't lay off the pipe." "Jack Smith - Another Jets problem. In other news, the water is wet!"

Sounds like Caldwell just invited cancer into the locker room.

If we had ARob or a TE threat against NE we would have won that game.

I really like this signing... it enables us to not reach on picks in this draft because it basically sures up the final hole. Now we can just go for BAP's and will not have to rely on rookies to start. I think this will spell the end for either Koyack or O'shaunessy if not both.

side note: i have this key and peele moment (the substitute teacher who can't pronounce names) every time i see O'shaunessy's name. I pronouce it "O' -Shaun-Hennessy"... not really sure why but i figured i'd throw that in here.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 08:52 AM by Southern Chicken.)

(03-16-2018, 08:37 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

You really believe he can lay off the sauce? He is in the league substance abuse program, no? What's great about that? He was suspended just last year for two games for a current violation. The joke writer on the official web site failed to mention ASJ is a repeat offender.

Back track a little. Dirk Koetter is a reasonable guy. He was here for several years. We know he can judge character. As Tampa Bay's head coach, Dirk wasted no time at all, kicking him off the practice field during minicamp.

I like the signing for him to prove himself
Formerly known as The Real Joker

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 08:53 AM by JagsorDie.)

(03-16-2018, 08:37 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

what are you doing?

I know you are butt hurt we didn't sign your mancrush AJ but that doesn't mean you have to lash out on every other signing. It's going to be OK.

we already talked about this at length in the first ASJ thread that happened pre-FA period. He talked about this in a NFL article. I would be driven to drink if i was on the jets or lived in NY last year as well.

(03-16-2018, 08:49 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:37 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: You really believe he can lay off the sauce? He is in the league substance abuse program, no? What's great about that? He was suspended just last year for two games for a current violation. The joke writer on the official web site failed to mention ASJ is a repeat offender.

He was suspended in 2017 for the DUI that occurred in 2016.  He hasn't been in trouble since 2016
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...dui-charge

Not much assurance that a third offense is not coming OUR way. Do the Jaguars risk a four-game suspension or will he lose the entire season?

I remember when the Jaguars would NEVER touch a free agent or a college prospect with character issues.

(03-16-2018, 08:58 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:49 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote: He was suspended in 2017 for the DUI that occurred in 2016.  He hasn't been in trouble since 2016

Not much assurance that a third offense is not coming OUR way. Do the Jaguars risk a four-game suspension or will he lose the entire season?

I remember when the Jaguars would NEVER touch a free agent or a college prospect with character issues.

Not everyone can be a poster child like Raymond Anthony McCarron jr.

Curious, would you be as vocal about your boy AJ if he had a DUI to his name?

(03-16-2018, 08:49 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote: He was suspended in 2017 for the DUI that occurred in 2016.  He hasn't been in trouble since 2016

Well I'm glad our front office are playing ball like the big boyz now and not scared off by character issues.

Hey it just so happens a lot of the guys who can ball have character issues.

Yes, and we were the worst team in the NFL using that strategy !!!

We can go back to our old ways when everybody used to leave at halftime because we were down by 17+ but we could hold our heads high knowing we had better character than the opponents.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 09:25 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-16-2018, 09:11 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:58 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Not much assurance that a third offense is not coming OUR way. Do the Jaguars risk a four-game suspension or will he lose the entire season?

Well I'm glad our front office are playing ball like the big boyz now and not scared off by character issues.

Hey it just so happens a lot of the guys who can ball have character issues.

Where does that get a TEAM? The best NFL teams avoid the distraction of high maintenance individuals who have an uncanny ability to identify a TEAM on the rise and seem to find their way to wherever the spotlight is shining. 

Having character issues on your roster hurts a team. The challenge isn't for the Jaguars. The challenge is for the substance abuser to lay aside that weight and prove they are beyond the pollution troubling them.

Two violations. What's next?

(03-16-2018, 09:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:58 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Not much assurance that a third offense is not coming OUR way. Do the Jaguars risk a four-game suspension or will he lose the entire season?

Yes, and we were the worst team in the NFL using that strategy !!!

We can go back to our old ways when everybody used to leave at halftime because we were down by 17+ but we could hold our heads high knowing we had better character than the opponents.

What are you talking about? Are you suggesting the 1998 Jaguars were one thug away from a Super Bowl? Did you forget how well the FIRST character issue experiment worked out?

https://247sports.com/nfl/jaguars/Articl...-105119986

(03-16-2018, 08:37 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: You really believe he can lay off the sauce? He is in the league substance abuse program, no? What's great about that? He was suspended just last year for two games for a current violation. The joke writer on the official web site failed to mention ASJ is a repeat offender.

"Jenny Doll - ASJ is the definition of "idiot" lol" "Alan Schein -  What is it with UW tight ends, First, Jerramy Stevens and now this guy. Both incredibly talented...poor work ethic...and can't lay off the pipe." "Jack Smith - Another Jets problem. In other news, the water is wet!"

Buuuuwwwwaaaaaa!!!! Hot takes by McCarries numba one fan BOY.

I like the signing.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.