Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Hurns Deadline Today [MERGED]

At 4pm they'll owe him 4 million dollars. Is he staying?  

https://twitter.com/A1hurns/status/974696624378310656

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would say they may be waiting until the last minute to try and trade him before cutting him.

The reality is most likely that he will be on the team this year. Especially with all those injuries last year. If they can fit everyone under the cap might as well and if they decide to, just cut him in camp. His money will still fall off for next years cap.

I personally think we have to and we will keep him.

I know everyone is hyped on Moncrief, with good reason but its still all hype/potential he hasn't proved anything yet.

We know what we are getting from Hurns and he is a team player and hes our most consistent WR. Westbrook and Cole shined a few times last year but lacked consistency so I wouldn't be to happy about them just giving the keys to Lee, Moncrief, Westbrook and Cole. It leaves to many question marks and the potential to fail.

Surprised nothing has been done as far as restructuring or an outright release at this point, but I'll still be happy for him personally if he remains on the team with his current contract intact. I'd like him to remain a Jag, I just believe he presently isn't worth $7 million. I think we'll be revisiting this same question next year if he remains here on his current deal unless he balls out because there are no guarantees left in it and his salary goes up in each of the next two years.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 02:33 PM by Upper.)

https://i.redd.it/ox9s67hqw5m01.png

He removed Jaguars WR from his twitter profile. Probably doesn't bode well.

(03-16-2018, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote: https://i.redd.it/ox9s67hqw5m01.png

Nice catch.

Probably not. Resigning Lee and then signing moncrief, writing was on the wall. 

I like hurns a lot as a player and as a person but the NFL is a business and it happens. If he is gone, best of luck wherever....unless it's in the AFC south....then you can kick rocks, hurns!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I was hoping a restructure could have been made. Looks like he's going to be cut or traded though. Does he have any cap hit when let go?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I hope they keep him, but I wish him the best if he moves on. One of the best football stories this team has ever had.

(03-16-2018, 02:41 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I was hoping a restructure could have been made. Looks like he's going to be cut or traded though. Does he have any cap hit when let go?

zero

(03-16-2018, 02:41 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I was hoping a restructure could have been made. Looks like he's going to be cut or traded though. Does he have any cap hit when let go?

No cap hit if he is cut before 4 PM. If cut after 4 PM, it's a $4M cap hit.

I think he will be gone. Too much of a cap hit at his current contract, and he would probably rather test the open market than restructure.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 03:27 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I could see a trade to Baltimore. Especially since their Grant deal fell through.

That's usually the first thing I look for. ARob did the same move
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

On Jaguars Today, Mike Kaye said there was no deadline for Hurns today.

(03-16-2018, 03:28 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: On Jaguars Today, Mike Kaye said there was no deadline for Hurns today.

Hmmmm.  He's usually right.

The 1010 guys were shouting it from the mountaintops this week

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 03:43 PM by JackCity.)

4 million of his salary becomes guaranteed today.

Also Hurns has recently removed Jaguars from his bio on twitter.

Perhaps they've decided to let him keep his 4 million but will cut/trade him after.

I knew he hadn't had a year like his 1,000 yd season, but I hadn't realized he was under 500 yds receiving each of the last 2 years. Good guy, I wish him the best, but he is not on this team at 7 million. I don't even have to wait to find out.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...22368?s=19
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It looks like 2016 was the only year he was due a roster bonus.

He is due to be paid 7 mil this year, 4 of which became guaranteed at 4 pm.

If we had cut him today we would have saved all 7 mil. After 4 pm, we can only save 3 mil if we cut him.

So it wasn't a roster bonus but 4 mil in guaranteed salary they were referring to.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...rns-14929/

Oehser has mentioned the 4 pm deadline previously and you would think he would know.

So I guess we just wait. In the age of social media I don't think we'll be waiting long.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.