Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars have top 30 visit with G Chris Gonzalez

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...87745?s=19 

6'2 310 guard so smaller than than usual. Honourable mention for the All Mountain West in 2017.  

Honestly haven't heard his name once this year so I presume he's a late round/UDFA kind of guy they are filling the blanks on.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2018, 02:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...87745?s=19 

6'2 310 guard so smaller than than usual. Honourable mention for the All Mountain West in 2017.  

Honestly haven't heard his name once this year so I presume he's a late round/UDFA kind of guy they are filling the blanks on.

I follow the draft a lot and I've never heard of the kid. He's gotta be a priority UDFA consideration.

(03-16-2018, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 02:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...87745?s=19 

I follow the draft a lot and I've never heard of the kid. He's gotta be a priority UDFA consideration.

Yeah same he hasn't popped up anywhere.

FWIW, here is a prospect visit list compiled by walterfootball.com

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I don't think we'd waste one of our 30 visits on an undrafted free agent prospect

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 07:48 PM by JackCity.)

(03-16-2018, 07:30 PM)texasjag22 Wrote: I don't think we'd waste one of our 30 visits on an undrafted free agent prospect

Late round / UDFA. It's not uncommon.

(03-16-2018, 07:47 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 07:30 PM)texasjag22 Wrote: I don't think we'd waste one of our 30 visits on an undrafted free agent prospect

Late round / UDFA. It's not uncommon.

I guess there usually ain't much difference between a day 3 guy and a priority free agent. All I'm saying is just bc draft Twitter isnt talking about a player doesn't mean he's not getting drafted.

(03-16-2018, 08:13 PM)texasjag22 Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 07:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Late round / UDFA. It's not uncommon.

I guess there usually ain't much difference between a day 3 guy and a priority free agent. All I'm saying is just bc draft Twitter isnt talking about a player doesn't mean he's not getting drafted.
More so haven't seen anyone mention his name, big draft, draft twitter, random draftniks etc etc. Nothing really comes up with him on Google draft wise either. 

With his size and lack of exposure I'd say it's a safe bet he's a 5/6/7 round /UDFA type.

It's actually very common. When the UDFA threads roll in it's quite often we mention several of those players were brought in for visits.

(03-16-2018, 08:58 PM)Upper Wrote:

It's actually very common. When the UDFA threads roll in it's quite often we mention several of those players were brought in for visits.

Learn something new everyday

(03-16-2018, 09:12 PM)texasjag22 Wrote: Learn something new everyday

If you're drafting someone he's yours the player doesn't have a choice. In UDFA the player has the choice. It makes all the sense in the world to use a handful of your official visits for some of the top guys you project to go undrafted if it helps them gain a comfort level with the coaches/scheme/facilities/city/etc that can tilt the scales in favor of them picking you.

(03-16-2018, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 09:12 PM)texasjag22 Wrote: Learn something new everyday

If you're drafting someone he's yours the player doesn't have a choice. In UDFA the player has the choice. It makes all the sense in the world to use a handful of your official visits for some of the top guys you project to go undrafted if it helps them gain a comfort level with the coaches/scheme/facilities/city/etc that can tilt the scales in favor of them picking you.

Not only that, but it also gives teams a chance to interview with players they didn't get to at the all star games or combine.  Anything that can make for a more informed decision by a team is good, even for UDFAs.  After all, Norwell, our stud OL we just signed, was an UDFA.

Reminds me of when Bowanko came in for a visit

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2018, 09:11 AM by RedRooster28.)

Undrafted starters on our roster:
Bouye
Gipson
Church
Norwell
Parnell
Cole/Hurns*

* if you count either as the “starter,” which I feel both have earned the right to be referred to as such at one point or another.

1st round starters on our roster:
Blake
Leonard
Jalen
Ol’ man Marcedes

Just sayin.

I've learned to not trust prospect visits when it comes to the draft. Teams often know who they want without having to even work them out or make a visit. Often the guys you see visiting are there because the team has questions about their game where they feel the need to verify or debunk their thoughts. 
'02

I'd also point out that sometimes teams don't want to bring in players that they are considering drafting high in order to not tip their hand to other teams.

(03-16-2018, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Reminds me of when Bowanko came in for a visit

The same thought crossed my mind.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/03...s-pro-day/

(03-26-2018, 10:08 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/03...s-pro-day/

For Dylan Cantrell I'd imagine. Freak athlete, big body and best blocking WR in the class. I'm fan.

(03-17-2018, 09:05 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Undrafted starters on our roster:
Bouye
Gipson
Church
Norwell
Parnell
Cole/Hurns*

* if you count either as the “starter,” which I feel both have earned the right to be referred to as such at one point or another.

1st round starters on our roster:
Blake
Leonard
Jalen
Ol’ man Marcedes

Just sayin.

Wake up call... Great post!