Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What bothers is that

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 10:29 AM by BklynJag.)

The Raiders defense is horrible and we made them look like the Ravens of years ago.

@evansilva #Raiders have allowed 7 100-yard games to opposing WRs. They face Mike Evans next. Allen Robinson had 9 yards.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We are getting worse every week...We need some fresh air...

I just wish we'd had a recent bye week...

....oh, wait.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:The Raiders defense is horrible and we made them look like the Ravens of years ago.

@evansilva #Raiders have allowed 7 100-yard games to opposing WRs. They face Mike Evans next.
That's the ONLY thing that bothered you?!?

I'm coming up with new stuff to bother me.

This morning, it's the cruel, tortuous and crushing irony of Marqise Lee's development.

The prevailing thought among Jaguars fans is that if Marqise Lee could ever stay healthy and perform up to his ability, he would take this offense to another level.

He's stayed healthy and performed well this year, yet the ineptitude of the offense resembles the Gabbert era.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We've turned opponents weaknesses into strengths for years  

Raiders fans I know are absolutely shocked we didn't take more shots downfield with him as they have been gashed. What happened to the jump balls? What happened to the back shoulder fade? Poo poo offensive game plan.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Raiders fans I know are absolutely shocked we didn't take more shots downfield with him as they have been gashed. What happened to the jump balls? What happened to the back shoulder fade? Poo poo offensive game plan.
WE DIDN'T TAKE ONE SHOT

We got scared of the silver and black. wusses.

Quote:WE DIDN'T TAKE ONE SHOT
The one thing that came close to a shot was the first quarter pick into triple coverage that Bortles threw.

Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The one thing that came close to a shot was the first quarter pick into triple coverage that Bortles threw.

Not one shot. Not one.

That's unheard of.... I can't even fathom the idea of not taking one deep shot against historically one of the worst defenses of all time.

Quote:The one thing that came close to a shot was the first quarter pick into triple coverage that Bortles threw.

If you are going to attempt that type of pass, at least target the WR who has proven to bail you out on contested jump balls in the past. Don't target it at the teams most diminutive WR. 

Quote:If you are going to attempt that type of pass, at least target the WR who has proven to bail you out on contested jump balls in the past. Don't target it at the teams most diminutive WR.

Exactly lol.

I thought the OP would be way longer.

What bothered me the most was yellow flags. A dozen penalties for about 110 yards? Something like that. You can't win games without #90 and #20 on the field either.

Quote:Not one shot. Not one.

That's unheard of.... I can't even fathom the idea of not taking one deep shot against historically one of the worst defenses of all time.
Im no conspiracy theorist, but it's facts like these that make me question the motives behind all of this.

Maybe we're the "homecoming" game for other teams. Maybe we Shad Khan is trying to lose the fanbase so he could have a reason to move to London. Highly illogical, but then again, so is our coaching.

Maybe GB and crew are just that terrible at game plan, but ask any 10 year old Madden enthusiast on what to do versus one of the leagues worst pass defense, and 9/10 they'll come up with a better answer for what we had yesterday.

Quote:The Raiders defense is horrible and we made them look like the Ravens of years ago.

@evansilva #Raiders have allowed 7 100-yard games to opposing WRs. They face Mike Evans next. Allen Robinson had 9 yards.

You can't say we made the Raiders Defense look like the Ravens of years ago. First of all they are in to different divisions and have different players. Most of the Ravens players from years ago are retired so you are wrong about that.

Signed,

MJF
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:WE DIDN'T TAKE ONE SHOT

We did though, and it got called for pass interference that gave us like a 40 yard gain. But that was it. It also want the only time they played single high, which has been Olsons excuse for not going deep, (that they've had split safetys every game)
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:If you are going to attempt that type of pass, at least target the WR who has proven to bail you out on contested jump balls in the past. Don't target it at the teams most diminutive WR. 
That wasn't a contested jump ball. 

It was under thrown by a country mile in to double coverage and undercut by a DB that noticed Blake never once moved his eyes away from Lee from the snap until his throw. 

Lee had zero chance at doing anything to bail out Blake on that terrible thrown and ill-advised pass. 

Blake should have thrown underneath to Benn, IMO. He came open just as Blake lobbed that clunker and he had room for YAC. Blake also had time/good protection.

Quote:That wasn't a contested jump ball. 

It was under thrown by a country mile in to double coverage and undercut by a DB that noticed Blake never once moved his eyes away from Lee from the snap until his throw. 

Lee had zero chance at doing anything to bail out Blake on that terrible thrown and ill-advised pass. 

Blake should have thrown underneath to Benn, IMO. He came open just as Blake lobbed that clunker and he had room for YAC. Blake also had time/good protection.
I meant Arob could have had a chance to bail it out, at least more than anyone else. Yes, I agree Benn's crosser was the obvious right route to pick up the easy first down (except that it would have been low and behind him in all likelihood). And the pass protection was great all day until the score was out of hand and the DE ears were pinned back. 

Quote:You can't say we made the Raiders Defense look like the Ravens of years ago. First of all they are in to different divisions and have different players. Most of the Ravens players from years ago are retired so you are wrong about that.

Signed,

MJF

Terrible post. What I would say is we obviously did not make the Raiders look nearly as good as the 2000 Ravens.