Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts fans' perspectives on FA

A long but interesting and often funny read on their reactions to our free agency hauls vs. theirs.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56978-merg...on-thread/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here is an interesting back and forth regarding the way we are building the team, and why the cap shouldn't be a big deal for us...

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56978-merg...nt=1690543

Cheers for these Bullseye. Seeing colts fans upset is a great way to start the day.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2018, 09:03 AM by ATLjag.)

I feel for the present Colts fans. They are in rebuilding mode, with an injured fantastic QB returning behind one of the most porous OLs in the NFL...and the GM is not addressing the issue thus far.

I perused all of our division rivals’ message boards on the 1st day of free agency (it was my day off, had a bit of extra time on my hands).

Each of them wanted Norwell, all of them were connected to him (even if only by beat writers) none of them even imagined us as contenders for him.

Their tears feed my soul.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2018, 10:28 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-17-2018, 09:02 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I feel for the present Colts fans.  They are in rebuilding mode, with an injured fantastic QB returning behind one of the most porous OLs in the NFL...and the GM is not addressing the issue thus far.

I don't.

Not only are we not that far removed from basement dwelling as they are, but they went from Peyton manning to Andrew Luck.

Screw the Colts.

(03-17-2018, 09:20 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I perused all of our division rivals’ message boards on the 1st day of free agency (it was my day off, had a bit of extra time on my hands).

Each of them wanted Norwell, all of them were connected to him (even if only by beat writers) none of them even imagined us as contenders for him.

LaughingBanana

(03-17-2018, 03:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Cheers for these Bullseye. Seeing colts fans upset is a great way to start the day.

Indeed it is.

(03-17-2018, 10:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 09:02 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I feel for the present Colts fans.  They are in rebuilding mode, with an injured fantastic QB returning behind one of the most porous OLs in the NFL...and the GM is not addressing the issue thus far.

I don't.

Not only are we not that far removed from basement dwelling as they are, but they went from Peyton manning to Andrew Luck.

Screw the Colts.

(03-17-2018, 09:20 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I perused all of our division rivals’ message boards on the 1st day of free agency (it was my day off, had a bit of extra time on my hands).

LaughingBanana

(03-17-2018, 03:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Cheers for these Bullseye. Seeing colts fans upset is a great way to start the day.

Indeed it is.

Not to even mention the whole poaching from Baltimore in in the dead of night thing.

No, the colts deserve decades of misery at this point and their fair weather fans need to endure a lot of bad times before they're even close to even.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2018, 11:49 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-17-2018, 11:03 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 10:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't.

Screw the Colts.

LaughingBanana

Indeed it is.

Not to even mention the whole poaching from Baltimore in in the dead of night thing.

No, the colts deserve decades of misery at this point and their fair weather fans need to endure a lot of bad times before they're even close to even.

Given the trade that just went down, their holes, and the way the talent looks, the Colts could get better in a hurry if they handle the draft properly.

In case you missed it, the Jets gave up the #6 overall pick, the 37th overall pick, the 49th overall pick, and a 2019 2nd round pick for Indy's #3 overall pick.

They may still be in a position to get Bradley Chubb when all is said and done, or at the very least Quentin Nelson and then another G, WR, and DT in the 2nd.

They are understandably stoked after this deal.

Yeah, I don't care is the "chart" shows different...this was a great haul for moving back 3 spots,

Great haul for clots, and when we spank them by double digits again this year it’ll be awesome to hear them talk about their potential as I feast on their tears.

(03-17-2018, 11:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 11:03 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Not to even mention the whole poaching from Baltimore in in the dead of night thing.

Given the trade that just went down, their holes, and the way the talent looks, the Colts could get better in a hurry if they handle the draft properly.

In case you missed it, the Jets gave up the #6 overall pick, the 37th overall pick, the 49th overall pick, and a 2019 2nd round pick for Indy's #3 overall pick.

They may still be in a position to get Bradley Chubb when all is said and done, or at the very least Quentin Nelson and then another G, WR, and DT in the 2nd.

Good move by them, I wish the Jaguars had some more of that the last ten years when they were drafting high.

Doesn't change how I feel about what they deserve, though.

(03-17-2018, 01:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 11:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Given the trade that just went down, their holes, and the way the talent looks, the Colts could get better in a hurry if they handle the draft properly.

Good move by them, I wish the Jaguars had some more of that the last ten years when they were drafting high.

Doesn't change how I feel about what they deserve, though.

All of the above said, your perspective in this thread is welcomed

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1112851

They move back 3 spots and are still likely to get the guy they were targeting. That was a good move by them. As for the Jets, yes they get a QB, but their O-Line is subpar and the running game still stinks. I feel sorry for whichever QB they draft.

(03-17-2018, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They move back 3 spots and are still likely to get the guy they were targeting. That was a good move by them. As for the Jets, yes they get a QB, but their O-Line is subpar and the running game still stinks. I feel sorry for whichever QB they draft.

This is true, which is why, if they are smart, they will let McCown/Bridgewater take all of the abuse this year and let their QB develop safely on the bench, let him get accustomed to life in the New York spotlight, and give the Jets time to build their O-Line.  He comes in 2019 as the guy.

It rarely works out that way, though.

(03-17-2018, 10:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 07:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They move back 3 spots and are still likely to get the guy they were targeting. That was a good move by them. As for the Jets, yes they get a QB, but their O-Line is subpar and the running game still stinks. I feel sorry for whichever QB they draft.

This is true, which is why, if they are smart, they will let McCown/Bridgewater take all of the abuse this year and let their QB develop safely on the bench, let him get accustomed to life in the New York spotlight, and give the Jets time to build their O-Line.  He comes in 2019 as the guy.

Very true. It's not like they're gonna be any good in 2018 anyway. It would be wise to let the rookie sit. This is the Jets though, so that's unlikely to happen. I wonder how many QB's they're gonna keep on their roster? With the addition of Bridgewater, they currently have 5.

(03-17-2018, 11:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 10:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is true, which is why, if they are smart, they will let McCown/Bridgewater take all of the abuse this year and let their QB develop safely on the bench, let him get accustomed to life in the New York spotlight, and give the Jets time to build their O-Line.  He comes in 2019 as the guy.

Very true. It's not like they're gonna be any good in 2018 anyway. It would be wise to let the rookie sit. This is the Jets though, so that's unlikely to happen. I wonder how many QB's they're gonna keep on their roster? With the addition of Bridgewater, they currently have 5.

I can't imagine they keep Hackenberg.

(03-18-2018, 07:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 11:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Very true. It's not like they're gonna be any good in 2018 anyway. It would be wise to let the rookie sit. This is the Jets though, so that's unlikely to happen. I wonder how many QB's they're gonna keep on their roster? With the addition of Bridgewater, they currently have 5.

I can't imagine they keep Hackenberg.

Honestly, I don't know how Hackenberg lasted this long. Stave is a goner as well. He was at the bottom of the depth chart.

That was a nice trade for the clots. Saved the free agency period for them.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-18-2018, 09:35 AM)Achilles Wrote: That was a nice trade for the clots. Saved the free agency period for them.

Absolutely.

Using those picks wisely, they could have a quick bounce back from the basement.

Jets... just lol.  What the clots did to them was robbery.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

By the way, the Colts have signed TE Eric Ebron

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts...drew-luck/