Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

(03-30-2018, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Key has too many red flags for me.

Yeah, he's a gamble for sure, but he's got the best upside of the pass rushers graded in that range. 

Much more talent than Carter to me - who is more of the lunch-pail type that may or not make an impact. 

I tend to gamble toward natural ability in such instances. 

Listening to DC Montgomery talk about Pettine's defense it sounds like an athletic guy like Key could be schemed in year one in some creative ways. (talks of multiple looks and "guys flying around") 
Pettine and Montgomery also seem like they'll take a pretty hard nosed approach as well - which may light a fire under the kid.
I guess if you're gonna gamble on a player you may aswell do it for a guy who could be a high end pass rusher at the end of the tunnel.   

He's been training with pass rush guru Chuck Smith which is always a good sign. The off the field stuff is kinda a mystery but could simply be a maturity issue rather than anything bad.   

Packer defense becoming even average makes them so much more of a dangerous team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-30-2018, 08:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The good thing is we will dominate them again as they have done nothing to help their 2 weakest and most important parts of a team other than QB. The dline and oline will get destroyed again win they play us, nice. Thanks upper

The Colts are not ready to win next year. Nor are they in a position to eschew ~20 spots of value to take a position at a slightly higher need. They had big needs at oline and dline yes, but they also have big needs at SS, CB, LB, and WR across from Hilton (Ryan Grant is slated as the WR2 starter after failing his Redskins FA physical).

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018, 11:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-30-2018, 10:00 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 08:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The good thing is we will dominate them again as they have done nothing to help their 2 weakest and most important parts of a team other than QB.  The dline and oline will get destroyed again win they play us, nice.  Thanks upper

The Colts are not ready to win next year. Nor are they in a position to eschew ~20 spots of value to take a position at a slightly higher need. They had big needs at oline and dline yes, but they also have big needs at SS, CB, LB, and WR across from Hilton (Ryan Grant is slated as the WR2 starter after failing his Redskins FA physical).

I know man, was just messing with ya.  They should get some good players with as many picks as they have early.  Their number 1 priority though should be doing what ever they can to help and protect Andrew Luck imo.

Hey guys if it's after 5am, the Chiefs will make their pick at 330 pm the following day.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2018, 04:24 AM by JNev.)

Sorry guys, on night shift this week. Ravens select Auburn G, Braden Smith

@ JNev, me too.

My pick will be made at 330pm.

Buffalo Bills select Tyrell Crosby

Adam Schefter whaddya got?

...The Kansas City Chiefs grab a weapon for their brand new QB and nab Deon Cain, WR out of Clemson.

The Panthers add a dynamic offensive weapon for Cam, and Greg Olsen's heir apparent in TE Mark Andrews, hoping a WR or CB will fall to them in rd. 3. A blend of BAP and need here for Carolina

I like how you guys are treating this mock. This is my current favorite thread on this site.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-31-2018, 08:46 PM)Dimson Wrote: I like how you guys are treating this mock. This is my current favorite thread on this site.

I would echo that sentiment. It's been well done, I even like the mild role playing of the GM's. I'm hoping you all go into a third round too, it's helpful to us who don't follow much college football to see these names and to get a little information about them.

Along those lines, if you could add the player's position and school (Ex. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP) from this point on it would be helpful as many of us don't know anybody beyond the top 30-50 or so.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

The Bills are doing what they can to get this offense turned around, add another piece to further help the development of Rudolph. With the 56th pick in the NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select playmaker Anthony Miller

It's easter so time restraints might be a little different tomorrow

I got Pittsburgh, but I will be gone most of the day, so if I'm up, I may not be able to make my pick until late tonight.

The titans draft Wyatt Teller guard from V Tech. Mauler in the run game.

(04-01-2018, 09:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: The titans draft Wyatt Teller guard from V Tech. Mauler in the run game.

Perfect. Love it. Now I've got Wyatt Teller, a mauling guard from VT in my head. Two minutes ago I never heard the name.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Falcons select DT Tim Settle.

The Niners didn't realize they had a pick until about an hour ago, so hopefully this doesn't go too badly...

The Niners select an inconsistent but undoubtedly supremely talented linebacker who's draft stock is all over the place, ranging from solidly in the first round to end of day 2. With Reuben Foster having a very troubling offseason and facing a possible suspension, the Niners take some insurance in the form of Malik Jefferson.

(04-01-2018, 09:35 AM)PF* Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 09:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: The titans draft Wyatt Teller guard from V Tech. Mauler in the run game.

Perfect. Love it. Now I've got Wyatt Teller, a mauling guard from VT in my head. Two minutes ago I never heard the name.

Cheers. Check him out if you haven't already. Could be a Jaguars option.  

Former Dline man converted to Oline so he's really athletic and powerful. Was one of the best guards in the country last year but had a down year in 2018.

Round 1
Pick
1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold
2. New York Giants - Quenton Nelson
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Saquon Barkley
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans - Bradley Chubb
5. Denver Broncos - Josh Rosen
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Derwin James
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Minkah Fitzpatrick
8. Chicago Bears - Tremaine Edmunds
9. San Francisco 49ers - Denzel Ward
10. Oakland Raiders - Marcus Davenport
11. Miami Dolphins - Josh Allen
12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - Mason Rudolph
13. Washington Redskins - Roquon Smith
14. Green Bay Packers - Josh Jackson
15. Arizona Cardinals - Baker Mayfield
16. Baltimore Ravens - Courtland Sutton
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Lamar Jackson
18. Seattle Seahawks - Mike McGlinchy
19. Dallas Cowboys - Vita Vea
20. Detroit Lions - Mike Gesicki
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills - DaRon Payne
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs - James Washington
23. Los Angeles Rams - Billy Price
24. Carolina Panthers - Will Hernandez
25. Tennessee Titans - Herald Landry
26. Atlanta Falcons - Isaiah Wynn
27. New Orleans Saints - Dallas Goedert
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Calvin Ridley
30. Minnesota Vikings - James Daniels
31. New England Patriots - Sony Michel
32. Philadelphia Eagles - Taven Bryan

Thought I'd just take a look at how the board draft aligns with some of the talking heads' mocks out there. 

Here's Prisco's.

He's not as high on Rudolph, Sutton, Price and Gesicki as our "GMs"
Many of his other picks are taking players in the same range as our members selected them.

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-01at12.43.39PM.png][Image: ScreenShot2018-04-01at12.43.49PM.png]