Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prospect Comparison Game

(03-23-2018, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 10:16 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Eddie Pineiro vs Jason Meyers

Eddie P

Derwin James    v      Jamal Adams

Jamal Adams, I thought he was a top 3 player in the draft last year and the best safety prospect since Eric Berry

Marquee Lee vs Calvin Ridley

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2018, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Eddie P

Derwin James    v      Jamal Adams

Jamal Adams, I thought he was a top 3 player in the draft last year and the best safety prospect since Eric Berry

Ridley, better route runner and better hands.  

Mike Gesicki vs OJ Howard

(03-23-2018, 12:38 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jamal Adams, I thought he was a top 3 player in the draft last year and the best safety prospect since Eric Berry

Ridley, better route runner and better hands.  

OJ Howard. Freak potential in every facet. Gesicki vs Engram would be interesting.

Quenton Nelson vs David Decastro.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2018, 04:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-23-2018, 12:51 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 12:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ridley, better route runner and better hands.  

OJ Howard. Freak potential in every facet. Gesicki vs Engram would be interesting.

Quenton Nelson vs David Decastro.

Nelson, I really liked Decastro coming out but one could argue Nelson is the best player in the draft.  Warmack is the one guard who I thought was gonna be a perennial all pro but we know how that turned out.  

Baker Mayfield vs Deshaun Watson

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Troy apke vs chris prosinski

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 07:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Anyone want to give this a go this year?

Isaiah Wynn vs Cody Ford

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 07:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Dwayne Haskins= Warren Moon

(03-29-2019, 10:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dwayne Haskins= Warren Moon

You didnt even say who's the better.  Moon came out before I was born but he was undrafted and Haskins is a potential top 10 pick.   It's really not a good look on Haskins if hes compared to an undrafted guy as a prospect

(03-29-2019, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You didnt even say who's the better.  Moon came out before I was born but he was undrafted and Haskins is a potential top 10 pick.   It's really not a good look on Haskins if hes compared to an undrafted guy as a prospect
Style comp

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 01:55 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Moon was a guy who was VERY successful in the NFL and in the early days, a black QB who was known for his passing prowess over his running ability. That was a rarity back then. It doesn't matter that Moon was undrafted. What counts is that he had a lot of success in the NFL and broke barriers for black QB's. If Haskins has that kind of NFL career, I don't think anyone will be complaining.

(03-30-2019, 12:18 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You didnt even say who's the better.  Moon came out before I was born but he was undrafted and Haskins is a potential top 10 pick.   It's really not a good look on Haskins if hes compared to an undrafted guy as a prospect
Style comp

Exactly. I thought we were comparing prospects to NFL players. I didn't read the posts from last year, but the title of the thread said prospect comparison, so I compared Haskins to Moon.

Moon wasn't drafted for [Reasons]. Much has changed since the early 80's as far as pro football is concerned. It is a magnanimous compliment to Haskins to be compared to Warren Moon, regardless of where either guy is or was drafted.

(04-01-2019, 12:14 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You didnt even say who's the better.  Moon came out before I was born but he was undrafted and Haskins is a potential top 10 pick.   It's really not a good look on Haskins if hes compared to an undrafted guy as a prospect

Moon wasn't drafted for [Reasons]. Much has changed since the early 80's as far as pro football is concerned. It is a magnanimous compliment to Haskins to be compared to Warren Moon, regardless of where either guy is or was drafted.
What were the reason other than he wasnt a very good college QB?  This is prospect comparison not pro comparison.  Moon had a 48.8 comp % and 19 TDs and 17 Ints in his college career.  If you compare Haskins as a prospect to Moon as a prospect it's not a good look at all for Haskins.  Either you dont know what a prospect is, dont know what the word compare means, or you dont know what you are looking at.

(04-01-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:14 PM)Mikey Wrote: Moon wasn't drafted for [Reasons]. Much has changed since the early 80's as far as pro football is concerned. It is a magnanimous compliment to Haskins to be compared to Warren Moon, regardless of where either guy is or was drafted.
What were the reason other than he wasnt a very good college QB?  This is prospect comparison not pro comparison.  Moon had a 48.8 comp % and 19 TDs and 17 Ints in his college career.  If you compare Haskins as a prospect to Moon as a prospect it's not a good look at all for Haskins.  Either you dont know what a prospect is, dont know what the word compare means, or you dont know what you are looking at.

He already said he made a mistake and thought it was a comparison thread, chill. Style wise it makes a lot of sense.  

Also you might want to look up the stats from 1977. Believe it or believe it not but Warren Moon was top 10 or so in QB rating his final year of college with 11 TDs and 8 picks. Phil Simms was a first round pick with 6 tds and 14 picks his final year lol, career completion 5 of 48%. Joe Montanas best year ever he had 11 TDs and 8 picks. Just a different era

(04-01-2019, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What were the reason other than he wasnt a very good college QB?  This is prospect comparison not pro comparison.  Moon had a 48.8 comp % and 19 TDs and 17 Ints in his college career.  If you compare Haskins as a prospect to Moon as a prospect it's not a good look at all for Haskins.  Either you dont know what a prospect is, dont know what the word compare means, or you dont know what you are looking at.

He already said he made a mistake and thought it was a comparison thread, chill. Style wise it makes a lot of sense.  

Also you might want to look up the stats from 1977. Believe it or believe it not but Warren Moon was top 10 or so in QB rating his final year of college with 11 TDs and 8 picks. Phil Simms was a first round pick with 6 tds and 14 picks his final year lol, career completion 5 of 48%. Joe Montanas best year ever he had 11 TDs and 8 picks. Just a different era
I was responding to Mikey not o-linematters.  Montana was a 3rd round pick, wasnt the best prospect either.  Got this off another site and everyone on the other site got it.  Some on here just dont get it.  It more about how you felt about the prospects and who you thought was better.  I can guarantee most on here wasnt alive or remember how good of a prospect Mmon was.  They didnt even really cover pre draft until the 80s

David Boston vs DK Metcalf
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-01-2019, 03:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: David Boston vs DK Metcalf

Man, this is a good one and a tough one.  I was a huge Boston fan and used to use the Cardinals in Madden because of him and Larry Centers.  I liked Aeneas Williams too.  I would say Boston but barely 

Will Hernandez vs Chris Lindstrom

(04-01-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:14 PM)Mikey Wrote: Moon wasn't drafted for [Reasons]. Much has changed since the early 80's as far as pro football is concerned. It is a magnanimous compliment to Haskins to be compared to Warren Moon, regardless of where either guy is or was drafted.

Don't play dense. 

There's plenty published about how black QB were unable to even get a foot in the door, let alone be successful.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 05:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-01-2019, 04:45 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What were the reason other than he wasnt a very good college QB?  This is prospect comparison not pro comparison.  Moon had a 48.8 comp % and 19 TDs and 17 Ints in his college career.  If you compare Haskins as a prospect to Moon as a prospect it's not a good look at all for Haskins.  Either you dont know what a prospect is, dont know what the word compare means, or you dont know what you are looking at.

Don't play dense. 

There's plenty published about how black QB were unable to even get a foot in the door, let alone be successful.

We are talking about Warren Moon, were arent talking about any other black QBs.  If Moon was such a good prospect and the only reason he didnt get drafted was because he was black and all the teams were rasist, how did Doug Williams get drafted in the first round in the same year? How old are you? You remember how good he was coming out or are you just throwing [BLEEP] at the wall hoping it sticks?