Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prospect Comparison Game

(04-01-2019, 04:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 04:45 PM)Mikey Wrote: Don't play dense. 

There's plenty published about how black QB were unable to even get a foot in the door, let alone be successful.

We are talking about Warren Moon, were arent talking about any other black QBs.  If Moon was such a good prospect and the only reason he didnt get drafted was because he was black and all the teams were rasist, how did Doug Williams get drafted in the first round in the same year?  How old are you? You remember how good he was coming out or are you just throwing [BLEEP] at the wall hoping it sticks?

Let's return to the point of contention:

Quote: Moon came out before I was born but he was undrafted and Haskins is a potential top 10 pick.   It's really not a good look on Haskins if hes compared to an undrafted guy as a prospect

You called out O-line's statement "Haskins=Moon" based solely on where (or whether) each guy is projected (or wasn't) picked. I'm merely saying that basing a judgement on projection from 40 years ago is flawed. For the record, I was born before Moon came out, but that doesn't mean my 10-year old can't look back to see how dang good Warren Moon was to say that the guys who were in charge of projecting the darft or those making the picks blew it in the worst way possible. Tampa bucked the trend, and Doug got them to their first postseason ever. Nice reward for taking a risk.

To say that a comparison to Moon for Haskins is 'not a good look' because a previous generation of talent evaluators operated under an antiquated mindset is ignorant. 

But hey, based on projections, maybe we got the next Tom Brady in Tanner Lee. Frankly, I considered him undraftable, so at the very least he's equitable with Moon, in your eyes. This "game" is fun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!