Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FIFA World Cup 2018

(07-01-2018, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maybe if Spain actually made some passes attacking towards the goal....

That game was so boring outside of the PKs.

Dutch TV showed some clips of Spain's attacking and it's so obvious that Diego Costa is not a Spanish player by origin and wasn't part of their system during their youth. There'd be a hole for the midfielder to pass to Costa, Costa would spot it, start his run expecting a pass and then the midfielder would pass to the side again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-01-2018, 02:37 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maybe if Spain actually made some passes attacking towards the goal....

That game was so boring outside of the PKs.

Dutch TV showed some clips of Spain's attacking and it's so obvious that Diego Costa is not a Spanish player by origin and wasn't part of their system during their youth. There'd be a hole for the midfielder to pass to Costa, Costa would spot it, start his run expecting a pass and then the midfielder would pass to the side again.

I just think that the Spanish side lacked chemistry as a whole. The tiki taka play style works when you take advantage of holes when they are presented. Otherwise you pass the ball around endlessly with no results and it makes for a snoozefest.

The Denmark Croatia game started off with a bang and then turned into to two sides swinging for the fences and not connecting for 86min. Good match over all though.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 09:51 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lol ... stat of the day.  Spain made 1114 passes to Russia's 290 passes.  What a terrible conservative match strategy for Spain.  When you're that much more talented than the opponent you need to press continuously and let your offensive talent dominate the match.

https://www.google.com/search?q=world+cu...q7;dt;fp;1

(07-01-2018, 09:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ... stat of the day.  Spain made 1114 passes to Russia's 290 passes.  What a terrible conservative match strategy for Spain.  When you're that much more talented than the opponent you need to press continuously and let your offensive talent dominate the match.

https://www.google.com/search?q=world+cu...q7;dt;fp;1

My favorite stat i heard today is the one about De Gea... The Spanish/Man U keeper recorded one save the entire tournament lol.

I know a lot of it is because the Spanish style of play is largely possession based so he doesn't get tested nearly as much but it is just kind of a funny stat.

I expected Croatia to be a lot better against Denmark, but they were out thought and out played for most of that game and the better team lost on penalties.

Some great penalty saves though (from both sides)

(07-02-2018, 01:44 AM)Andy G Wrote: I expected Croatia to be a lot better against Denmark, but they were out thought and out played for most of that game and the better team lost on penalties.

Some great penalty saves though (from both sides)
Path is set up nicely for England to make the final. Kinda crazy how stacked the left side of the bracket is.

Man I hate Brazil. Lame [BLEEP] game. [BLEEP] them im not watching this bull [BLEEP] anymore.

Hope Landon Donovan is taking this well

(07-01-2018, 12:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: SPain out.... wow. Never saw this one coming

(06-29-2018, 09:26 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: There’s no way Mexico is beating Brazil.

And this is coming from an el tri follower.

I would have said the same thing about Spain and Russia and yet here are.

You would have said that about Spain and Russia but I wouldn’t.

Also, that has little bearing on the BRA-MEX game. 

Adiós, México. Didn’t have enough juice left.

Oh dear Belgium.

(07-02-2018, 03:18 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Oh dear Belgium.

Never mind.

(07-02-2018, 01:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You would have said that about Spain and Russia but I wouldn’t.

Also, that has little bearing on the BRA-MEX game. 

Adiós, México. Didn’t have enough juice left.
You called Russia beating Spain? I'm sure

And no [BLEEP] it didn't have any bearing, it was a simple reference to the fact one is highly ranked in world football and the other is not. 

Mexico gave them a hell of a game, and Brazil flopped around as usual. Typical [BLEEP] South American ball. Screaming while rolling around grimacing as much as possible while wasting 15 min. 

The better team won I have no problem saying that. I just don't have a lot of respect for some of their antics. I will also say their defensive scheme was flawless and really played well. They Suffocated el tri in the second half.

Just curious, Why is England choosing sterling and Alli over RLC and Rashford? I thought they played very well in the games they gave them.

Watching the English broadcasters celebrate like children when England won was my favorite moment of the tournament.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 09:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-02-2018, 12:24 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Hope Landon Donovan is taking this well

You mean the player that played in the MLS and also the Liga MX ?  I think he's ok.  His net worth is $10-$12.   I've worked my [BLEEP] off to get to $1.4m USD.

Are you taking this well?

... on a side note

[Image: 011757_3.jpg]

[Image: 011757_3.jpg]

2x

(07-03-2018, 09:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 2x

+3

That England game was looking so comfortable until injury time, but we squeaked through!

Some of the Colombian cheating was so blatant, I don’t even think they were trying to hide it, so glad we beat them.

Sweden could be a problem for us though...

I couldn't watch the game so can someone please explain the goal that was not allowed for Colombia?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-04-2018, 02:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: I couldn't watch the game so can someone please explain the goal that was not allowed for Colombia?

The one where there were two balls on the pitch?