Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(03-25-2018, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 10:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jungle Cat strikes again.

HA! 

I was working all day yesterday and didn't notice this when I logged on earlier to make the packers pick. 
Too funny.

What's funny is all the draft picks the Jets are wasting on quarterbacks. Let's not forget Tebow cost them two. Let's not forget what they gave away for Mark Sanchez. 

On the other hand, Saquon Barkley's scouting report is impeccable. 

DRAFT PROJECTION  Round 1 (top 5)

SOURCES TELL US  "You don't screw up the special ones when you are a talent evaluator. This guy is special. Any concerns you file on him just feels like nitpicking to fill out the report." -- NFL general manager

NFL COMPARISON
 Barry Sanders

Here's another:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMPARES TO: LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers – With his lower body explosiveness and ability to create big plays in different ways, Barkley flashes Tomlinson-esque impact with the ball in his hands. But perhaps the best similarity between the two talents is their ability to impact the game both rushing and receiving.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you are scoffing at is the idea Barry Sanders or LaDainian Tomlinson aren't/weren't worth a few second round picks. I suppose you've got nothing left, but to suggest the two separate scouting reports are written by a pair of coconuts?[/font]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-25-2018, 11:35 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: HA! 

I was working all day yesterday and didn't notice this when I logged on earlier to make the packers pick. 
Too funny.

What's funny is all the draft picks the Jets are wasting on quarterbacks. Let's not forget Tebow cost them two. Let's not forget what they gave away for Mark Sanchez. 

The Jets' QB drafting has been pretty funny and I love Barkley.  I just really don't think they traded up to take a RB. 
He's a rare Rb for sure, but I don't think that was the strategy employed.

The Chargers land the QB with the highest upside in the draft to replace Philip Rivers down the line. They feel the roster is sufficiently talented and have a real opportunity to let Lamar sit and learn for 1 or 2 seasons and develop his game while also staying competitive with Rivers.

The Josh Allen and Rudolph selections really helped out. Rarely get a chance to draft a QB like Lamar at #17.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 01:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

QB with th highest upside? Chargers are so close and they take a QB that has zero chance at beating out Rivers the next 3 years at minimum when they could add a piece huge part to help them compete for a run at the SB.

I'm not the biggest fan of Allen but he is easily the QB with the highest upside

The Seahawks fill a huge hole at RT with McGlinchy.

(03-25-2018, 01:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: QB with th highest upside?  Chargers are so close and they take a QB that has zero chance at beating out Rivers the next 3 years at minimum when they could add a piece huge part to help them compete for a run at the SB.

I'm not the biggest fan of Allen but he is easily the QB with the highest upside

I feel like Allen is going to be just another QB bust. 
'02

(03-25-2018, 01:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: QB with th highest upside?  Chargers are so close and they take a QB that has zero chance at beating out Rivers the next 3 years at minimum when they could add a piece huge part to help them compete for a run at the SB.

Yep, highest upside. Chargers roster is talented enough to take him here. They don't have too many holes and don't like the fit of other prospects. 

And I don't agree. High upside is dependent on mental processing and integrated technique  coming together. I'd argue Lamar is more talented physically and is a much more advanced passer already.   

Interesting that you took the QB with the lowest upside out of the 1st round guys though.

The Cowboys defense is going to rotate around Via. This is an impact selection at #19. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-25-2018, 01:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The Seahawks fill a huge hole at RT with McGlinchy.

I feel like Allen is going to be just another QB bust. 
He is RAW as it gets.

(03-25-2018, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Yep, highest upside. Chargers roster is talented enough to take him here. They don't have too many holes and don't like the fit of other prospects. 

And I don't agree. High upside is dependent on mental processing and integrated technique  coming together. I'd argue Lamar is more talented physically and is a much more advanced passer already.   

Interesting that you took the QB with the lowest upside out of the 1st round guys though.

Make room for Bobby. I suspect Jackson is a trojan horse of sorts. Draft Jackson and you're gonna get Petrino.

(03-25-2018, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The Cowboys defense is going to rotate around Via. This is an impact selection at #19. 

Do you rate McGlinchey over Conner Williams?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-25-2018, 01:38 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Make room for Bobby. I suspect Jackson is a trojan horse of sorts. Draft Jackson and you're gonna get Petrino.

[Image: 463.jpg]

(03-25-2018, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Mental processing and integrated technique? The 2 things Teddy supposedly mastered, the next Manning, Brady, Montana, and Jackson is nowhere even close.  Jackson does have upside but far from the highest in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 02:15 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-25-2018, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Not impressive. Show the half-dozen or so face plants by the receivers on the rest of the deep balls.

(03-25-2018, 11:35 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 11:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: HA! 

Too funny.

SOURCES TELL US  "You don't screw up the special ones when you are a talent evaluator. This guy is special. Any concerns you file on him just feels like nitpicking to fill out the report." -- NFL general manager

NFL COMPARISON
 Barry Sanders

Here's another:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMPARES TO: LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers – With his lower body explosiveness and ability to create big plays in different ways, Barkley flashes Tomlinson-esque impact with the ball in his hands. But perhaps the best similarity between the two talents is their ability to impact the game both rushing and receiving.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you are scoffing at is the idea Barry Sanders or LaDainian Tomlinson aren't/weren't worth a few second round picks. I suppose you've got nothing left, but to suggest the two separate scouting reports are written by a pair of coconuts?[/font]

You cannot win without a QB though and as many as the Jets have, they are all garbage. Not a single one on the roster can beat out a 38 year old journeyman. It's like they stockpile guys with "potential", but have never achieved what they were expected. They have the most "ragtag" group of QB's I've ever seen. The only one I'd even sign as a backup would be McCown.

I remember when Gabbert made every throw at his combine with a very impressive demonstration. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 02:19 PM by JackCity.)

(03-25-2018, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yep, highest upside. Chargers roster is talented enough to take him here. They don't have too many holes and don't like the fit of other prospects. 

Mental processing and integrated technique? The 2 things Teddy supposedly mastered, the next Manning, Brady, Montana, and Jackson is nowhere even close.  Jackson does have upside but far from the highest in the draft.
You always reflex to Teddy for some reason. Also , Teddy's upside isn't as high as Lamar's is.  

What way do you determine upside?

(03-25-2018, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 11:35 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: What's funny is all the draft picks the Jets are wasting on quarterbacks. Let's not forget Tebow cost them two. Let's not forget what they gave away for Mark Sanchez. 

NFL COMPARISON
 Barry Sanders

Here's another:

You cannot win without a QB though and as many as the Jets have, they are all garbage. Not a single one on the roster can beat out a 38 year old journeyman. It's like they stockpile guys with "potential", but have never achieved what they were expected. They have the most "ragtag" group of QB's I've ever seen. The only one I'd even sign as a backup would be McCown.
Teddy Bridgewater is not chopped liver.

(03-25-2018, 01:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 01:38 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Make room for Bobby. I suspect Jackson is a trojan horse of sorts. Draft Jackson and you're gonna get Petrino.

[Image: 463.jpg]

[Image: petrino.jpg_f27fdd74c0ce9bc44b72169edafab36b]
Talk to the face. Talk to the face.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 02:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-25-2018, 02:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You cannot win without a QB though and as many as the Jets have, they are all garbage. Not a single one on the roster can beat out a 38 year old journeyman. It's like they stockpile guys with "potential", but have never achieved what they were expected. They have the most "ragtag" group of QB's I've ever seen. The only one I'd even sign as a backup would be McCown.
Teddy Bridgewater is not chopped liver.

He's proven nothing so far. Before the injury, he has a career high in a season of only 14 touchdowns. He did that two seasons in a row against 12 interceptions and 9 interceptions. Those are actually worse than Trevor Siemian's 2016 numbers. I'm not saying Bridgewater won't improve, but so far he has shown no indication that he will. I hope he does though, I was a fan of his play, coming out of college. He's just so skinny though, that I'm afraid he's never gonna hold up in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 07:28 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

The Lamar Jackson pick is OK. There are a number of selection that are debatable and nobody is complaining about them.

(03-25-2018, 02:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 02:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater is not chopped liver.

He's proven nothing so far. Before the injury, he has a career high in a season of only 14 touchdowns. He did that two seasons in a row against 12 interceptions and 9 interceptions. Those are actually worse than Trevor Siemian's 2016 numbers. I'm not saying Bridgewater won't improve, but so far he has shown no indication that he will. I hope he does though, I was a fan of his play, coming out of college. He's just so skinny though, that I'm afraid he's never gonna hold up in the NFL.

Bryce Petty is not chopped liver. Over-confident, but not chopped liver.

(03-25-2018, 07:26 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The Lamar Jackson pick is OK. There are a number of selection that are debatable and nobody is complaining about them.

(03-25-2018, 02:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's proven nothing so far. Before the injury, he has a career high in a season of only 14 touchdowns. He did that two seasons in a row against 12 interceptions and 9 interceptions. Those are actually worse than Trevor Siemian's 2016 numbers. I'm not saying Bridgewater won't improve, but so far he has shown no indication that he will. I hope he does though, I was a fan of his play, coming out of college. He's just so skinny though, that I'm afraid he's never gonna hold up in the NFL.

Bryce Petty is not chopped liver. Over-confident, but not chopped liver.

He is in fact...... chopped liver.