Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(03-26-2018, 06:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Williams could compete with Cann this years and take over for Parnell next year. Would James Daniels fit in what we want to do?  Said to be more fit for a zone scheme.  Id go Frank Ragnow if we went C in the first.  Ragnow has never allowed a sack in his 4 year career in the SEC and a moster in the run game.  Would be more than fine with Ragnow in the first if thats what the FO wanted to do,.

I we took Ragnow, I'd install him at Center and move Linder to RG.

exactly

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Daniels is slightly > Williams in the proverbial vacuum...but Williams' potential tackle versatility is nice in case Robinson doesn't take a big step forward.
Hmmm.  How bad exactly did you think Cam Robinson played in his rookie year? 
I thought he played quite well. I felt at least 50% of his mistakes could easily be chalked up to the rookie year learning curve. 
(03-26-2018, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Daniels is slightly > Williams in the proverbial vacuum...but Williams' potential tackle versatility is nice in case Robinson doesn't take a big step forward.

Williams could compete with Cann this years and take over for Parnell next year. Would James Daniels fit in what we want to do?  Said to be more fit for a zone scheme.  Id go Frank Ragnow if we went C in the first.  Ragnow has never allowed a sack in his 4 year career in the SEC and a moster in the run game.  Would be more than fine with Ragnow in the first if thats what the FO wanted to do,.

Agreed on both bolded bits there. (Ragnow at C, Linder at G)

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 06:29 PM by JagJohn.)

Ridley or Williams for me here, with the nod to Williams

Ragnow might fit the scheme a little better, but I think Daniels is a considerably better prospect so I'd still take him.

(03-26-2018, 07:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Ragnow might fit the scheme a little better, but I think Daniels is a considerably better prospect so I'd still take him.

I'd rather take players that fit our scheme.  Not to mention he isn't considerably the better prospect.  Ragnow gave up zero sacks in his whole college career in the SEC and a monster in the run game. Ragnow will be Pro Bowl possibly All Pro center

(03-26-2018, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 07:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Ragnow might fit the scheme a little better, but I think Daniels is a considerably better prospect so I'd still take him.

I'd rather take players that fit our scheme.  Not to mention he isn't considerably the better prospect.  Ragnow gave up zero sacks in his whole college career in the SEC and a monster in the run game. Ragnow will be Pro Bowl possibly All Pro center

I know, I know...just like Rudolph will be a pro bowl possibly all pro QB.

Linder is the highest paid Center in the NFL right?

(03-26-2018, 07:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Linder is the highest paid Center in the NFL right?

Ryan Jensen signed a huge contract a week and a half ago.  http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/arti...d992c60c43

Ale Mack got more guaranteed money and the guarantee on Jensen's isn't known yet. 
Richburg came pretty close too. 

When all the dust settles Linder will be top 3 or 4 probably. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-03-26at7.39.57PM.png]

(03-26-2018, 07:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather take players that fit our scheme.  Not to mention he isn't considerably the better prospect.  Ragnow gave up zero sacks in his whole college career in the SEC and a monster in the run game. Ragnow will be Pro Bowl possibly All Pro center

I know, I know...just like Rudolph will be a pro bowl possibly all pro QB.

If he gets drafted in Jax, yes

The three guys I'm looking at hard for the Jaguars here are Leighton Vander Esch, Isaiah Wynn and DJ Moore.
'02

(03-26-2018, 08:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The three guys I'm looking at hard for the Jaguars here are Leighton Vander Esch, Isaiah Wynn and DJ Moore.

Wynn is a falcon in this mock and Vander Esch is a squealer.

LOL...

Just looked at the actual thread to see that Wynn and Vander Esch are already gone. 

(03-26-2018, 08:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The three guys I'm looking at hard for the Jaguars here are Leighton Vander Esch, Isaiah Wynn and DJ Moore.

Wynn is a falcon in this mock and Vander Esch is a squealer.

Ugh, I see Goedert just went as well. He's another guy I've been eyeing early and hoping falls.

I guess DJ Moore for me here.

'02

James Daniels and Conner Williams are great value here, but is either truly a perfect fit for the Jaguars OL?
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 08:49 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

Ideas?

TE Mark Andrews Oklahoma OT Conner Williams Texas OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia DE Rasheem Greene USC OL James Daniels Iowa

EDIT DT Taven Bryan Florida WR D. J. Chark

Daniels is a top ten pick. Williams is the top OT in this draft. Greene has been on the rise. Carter is a fringe first round pick. Taven Bryan would be a steal. Chark is a blazing fast (4.34) 6-3, 200 Lbs deep threat.

(03-26-2018, 08:18 PM)Jags02 Wrote: LOL...

Just looked at the actual thread to see that Wynn and Vander Esch are already gone. 

(03-26-2018, 08:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wynn is a falcon in this mock and Vander Esch is a squealer.

Ugh, I see Goedert just went as well. He's another guy I've been eyeing early and hoping falls.

Chark swimming under the sonar?

(03-26-2018, 08:55 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:18 PM)Jags02 Wrote: LOL...

Chark swimming under the sonar?

In that pick from two options thread, I said DJ Moore or DJ Chark, and it appears that DJ Moore rather easily won that decision among responding posters.
'02

Who is the BPA?

(03-26-2018, 08:43 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Ideas?

TE Mark Andrews Oklahoma OT Conner Williams Texas OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia DE Rasheem Greene USC OL James Daniels Iowa

EDIT DT Taven Bryan Florida WR D. J. Chark

Daniels is a top ten pick. Williams is the top OT in this draft. Greene has been on the rise. Carter is a fringe first round pick. Taven Bryan would be a steal. Chark is a blazing fast (4.34) 6-3, 200 Lbs deep threat.

I do like Mark Andrews, but I feel his medical condition is a serious red flag for a Florida team with the humidity. I'm really tempted to say Hayden Hurst here, but I keep hoping/thinking he falls an entire round right into the Jaguars lap in round two. If they took Hurst here I'd be perfectly fine with the pick even though he may be a slight reach.

[b]Another slight reach who may really fit is Rashaan Evans as a potential starting LB.
You brougt up Lorenzo Carter. ...over Evans?

Conner Williams may just fit right in as a starting G with the potential to possibly move outside in the future. He's tough to pass up, and I prefer him over the two Centers[/b](Ragnow and Daniels) laregly because I want Linder to keep playing C so that he's paired up right next to Norwell. So mark Williams high on my list.

Greene? Why a DE?

Bryan? Why a DT?

Finally you get to DJ Chark who I also would be ok with, but I have a tough time seeing him go before Ridley and Moore. I personally like DJ Moore.

In the end, my short list looks something like...

1. DJ Moore
2. Conner Williams
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Chark
5. Rashaan Evans
6. Hayden Hurst

'02

(03-26-2018, 09:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is the BPA?

Ridley according to NFL.com prospect grading. 

Ronald Jones, Guice, Taven Bryant, and Mayfield are all kinda near the pick on their rankings too. 

Daniels, Jamarco Jones and Williams are the next OL players up in that order in their rankings/grades.

(03-26-2018, 09:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is the BPA?

Probably Calvin Ridley.
'02