Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(03-26-2018, 09:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is the BPA?

Ridley was the BAP at 12-15. This is from a few different resources. He drew the seventh highest draft grade from NFL.com. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt...t-by-grade

The next highest at NFL.Com is Taven Bryan DL from Florida.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 09:41 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

Ridley was the BAP at 12-15. This is from a few different resources. He drew the seventh highest draft grade from NFL.com. 

Thats just NFL.COM's rankings

(03-26-2018, 09:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Ridley according to NFL.com prospect grading. 

Ronald Jones, Guice, Taven Bryant, and Mayfield are all kinda near the pick on their rankings too. 

Daniels, Jamarco Jones and Williams are the next OL players up in that order in their rankings/grades.

Mayfield has been selected already.

For what its' worth here is a link to the prospects ranked per NFL.com grading criteria.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt...de-input:1

Just remember they display 25 prospects per page. So the first 32 end on page two at Marcus Davenport. 

However, there are numerous clusters.

For example, grade 6.0 contains eight players. 2 CBs, 2QBs, 1 C, 1, SS, 1 DE, and 1 DT. You run a cluster buster to determine ranks 1-8 inside the cluster.

(03-26-2018, 09:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Probably Calvin Ridley.

Id take DJ Moore over Ridley and honestly id take Anthony Miller over him too who could probably be had in they 2nd

(03-26-2018, 10:03 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ridley according to NFL.com prospect grading. 

Ronald Jones, Guice, Taven Bryant, and Mayfield are all kinda near the pick on their rankings too. 

Daniels, Jamarco Jones and Williams are the next OL players up in that order in their rankings/grades.

Mayfield has been selected already.

For what its' worth here is a link to the prospects ranked per NFL.com grading criteria.

Just remember they display 25 prospects per page. So the first 32 end on page two at Marcus Davenport. 

For example, grade 6.0 contains eight players. 2 CBs, 2QBs, 1 C, 1, SS, 1 DE, and 1 DT. You run a cluster buster to determine ranks 1-8 inside the cluster.

I missed the Mayfield pick in the mock. 

I clearly stated that those prospects were from the (ranked by grade)list you just gave me a link to, BTW.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 10:22 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-26-2018, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:41 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Ridley was the BAP at 12-15. This is from a few different resources. He drew the seventh highest draft grade from NFL.com. 

Thats just NFL.COM's rankings
Yeah, we have this disagreement about NFL.com scouting grades each year. You can generate your own, you can rely on a fan-generated value board, or subscribe to scouting web site.

I don't pay Mel Kiper or fork out bucks to ESPN to be a draft "insider".  Mike Mayock has access to NFL executives like none of the outside sources do. I do rely on NFLdraftscout.com. They provide a lot of material. You may differ with their draft boards, but I generally don't see any reason to not to question their work too much.

Probably the best outside draft resource I ever paid for was the 'Drug Store List', which was produced by the late Jerry Jones of St. Simon's Island, Ga. Many NFL executives, etc. gave Jerry endorsements. He did everything himself. I still have several editions on the bookshelf. I think Sam Wyche called it "my little yellow book". Many teams DID refer to it when they needed a outside thinker.

(03-26-2018, 10:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:03 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Mayfield has been selected already.

I missed the Mayfield pick in the mock. 

I clearly stated that those prospects were from the (ranked by grade)list you just gave me a link to, BTW.

A lot of guys on that list were picked since I posted it. Always check the OP.

(03-26-2018, 10:27 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I missed the Mayfield pick in the mock. 

A lot of guys on that list were picked since I posted it. Always check the OP.

LOL

Really??

I listed seven guys.  ONE of them (Mayfield) was already drafted in our mock.  I forgot he went to Cardinals at 15. 
The others were listed because they had not been selected yet in our mock and ranked highly at the site we both referenced. 

This should all have been obvious in context of the question I was answering.

(03-26-2018, 10:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Probably Calvin Ridley.

Id take DJ Moore over Ridley and honestly id take Anthony Miller over him too who could probably be had in they 2nd

I agree.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 01:30 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-26-2018, 09:18 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:43 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Ideas?

TE Mark Andrews Oklahoma OT Conner Williams Texas OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia DE Rasheem Greene USC OL James Daniels Iowa

EDIT DT Taven Bryan Florida WR D. J. Chark

Daniels is a top ten pick. Williams is the top OT in this draft. Greene has been on the rise. Carter is a fringe first round pick. Taven Bryan would be a steal. Chark is a blazing fast (4.34) 6-3, 200 Lbs deep threat.

I do like Mark Andrews, but I feel his medical condition is a serious red flag for a Florida team with the humidity. I'm really tempted to say Hayden Hurst here, but I keep hoping/thinking he falls an entire round right into the Jaguars lap in round two. If they took Hurst here I'd be perfectly fine with the pick even though he may be a slight reach.

[b]Another slight reach who may really fit is Rashaan Evans as a potential starting LB.
You brougt up Lorenzo Carter. ...over Evans?

Conner Williams may just fit right in as a starting G with the potential to possibly move outside in the future. He's tough to pass up, and I prefer him over the two Centers[/b](Ragnow and Daniels) laregly because I want Linder to keep playing C so that he's paired up right next to Norwell. So mark Williams high on my list.

Greene? Why a DE?

Bryan? Why a DT?

Finally you get to DJ Chark who I also would be ok with, but I have a tough time seeing him go before Ridley and Moore. I personally like DJ Moore.

In the end, my short list looks something like...

1. DJ Moore
2. Conner Williams
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Chark
5. Rashaan Evans
6. Hayden Hurst

Williams may be a medical red flag.

WEAKNESSES

Williams slides well laterally but does not possess the quickness or length of elite NFL left tackles, limitations which will cause him some problems against speed rushers. He can get over-aggressive when run blocking on the move, failing to anticipate where linebackers are headed and leaving himself lunging at them or re-directing to another target. Some will have questions about Williams' grit after he missed a total of eight games over the past two seasons, including seven in 2017 for a knee injury that ultimately did not require surgery, as well as the 2016 clash with UTEP. 

http://www.draftscout.com/members/rating...id=1016231 

Right next to his name in the profile is a knee injury warning: 

(+) Coming off 09-16-17 Knee INJ

I would hate to draft him and have his knee snap a'la Fowler. 

He also does NOT appear to be a lock at OT. 

Rob Rang sez:

IN OUR VIEW: Williams is a bit of a throwback, showing the power and aggression as a run blocker that scouts covet along with the athleticism, balance and girth to stone pass rushers, projecting as a legitimate NFL left tackle worthy of top 10 consideration.

- Rob Rang 12/16/2017

The NFL.Com value board has Williams in the top fifty by grade, but the comments are contrasting Rob Rang's "top ten" comment.

[font=arial, sans-serif]BOTTOM LINE

Williams has been a personal favorite since studying his freshman season, but his 2017 tape didn't match his previous body of work. Williams seemed to lose some lateral quickness and had troubles holding up at a high level in protection. A move to guard or center is a possibility depending on how his arm length measures out. Williams is a plus run blocker with plug-and-play technique across the board. If he regains his 2016 form, he will be a good NFL starter. If not, he'll be an average NFL starter.-Lance Zierlein[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Good or average do not come close to matching top ten status. 33" arms = OG.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]NFL.com lists Bryan as DT. They list Greene as DE. Bryan runs like a DT. Greene ran 4.73 Taven Bryan ran 4.98 [/font]

I also like the McCardell connection to DJ Moore as explained by First Coast News...

D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Measurements: 6-0, 210 lbs.
Coaching Connection: Jaguars wide receivers coach Keenan McCardell
College Stats: 129 catches for 1,481 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns
Jaguars Fit: McCardell was Moore's wide receivers coach during the player's first year at Maryland. The coach also could have played a hand in recruiting the young receiver out of high school. During their one season together, Moore caught 25 passes for 357 receiving yards and three touchdowns.
After McCardell's departure in 2016, Moore exploded as a No. 1 wide receiver for Maryland. He produced 121 catches for 1,770 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns during the past two seasons.
The Jaguars could still be looking for a sure-fire No. 1 receiving target and Moore has a clear big-play ability. A potential first-round pick, Moore might need to be selected with the No. 29 pick to make it to Jacksonville.
'02

(03-27-2018, 12:41 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:18 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I do like Mark Andrews, but I feel his medical condition is a serious red flag for a Florida team with the humidity. I'm really tempted to say Hayden Hurst here, but I keep hoping/thinking he falls an entire round right into the Jaguars lap in round two. If they took Hurst here I'd be perfectly fine with the pick even though he may be a slight reach.

[b]Another slight reach who may really fit is Rashaan Evans as a potential starting LB.
You brougt up Lorenzo Carter. ...over Evans?

Conner Williams may just fit right in as a starting G with the potential to possibly move outside in the future. He's tough to pass up, and I prefer him over the two Centers[/b](Ragnow and Daniels) laregly because I want Linder to keep playing C so that he's paired up right next to Norwell. So mark Williams high on my list.

Greene? Why a DE?

Bryan? Why a DT?

Finally you get to DJ Chark who I also would be ok with, but I have a tough time seeing him go before Ridley and Moore. I personally like DJ Moore.

In the end, my short list looks something like...

1. DJ Moore
2. Conner Williams
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Chark
5. Rashaan Evans
6. Hayden Hurst

Williams may be a medical red flag.

WEAKNESSES

Williams slides well laterally but does not possess the quickness or length of elite NFL left tackles, limitations which will cause him some problems against speed rushers. He can get over-aggressive when run blocking on the move, failing to anticipate where linebackers are headed and leaving himself lunging at them or re-directing to another target. Some will have questions about Williams' grit after he missed a total of eight games over the past two seasons, including seven in 2017 for a knee injury that ultimately did not require surgery, as well as the 2016 clash with UTEP. 

http://www.draftscout.com/members/rating...id=1016231 

Right next to his name in the profile is a knee injury warning: 

(+) Coming off 09-16-17 Knee INJ

I would hate to draft him and have his knee snap a'la Fowler. 

He also does NOT appear to be a lock at OT. 

Rob Rang sez:

IN OUR VIEW: Williams is a bit of a throwback, showing the power and aggression as a run blocker that scouts covet along with the athleticism, balance and girth to stone pass rushers, projecting as a legitimate NFL left tackle worthy of top 10 consideration.

- Rob Rang 12/16/2017

The NFL.Com value board has Williams in the top fifty by grade, but the comments are contrasting Rob Rang's "top ten" comment.

[font=arial, sans-serif]BOTTOM LINE

Williams has been a personal favorite since studying his freshman season, but his 2017 tape didn't match his previous body of work. Williams seemed to lose some lateral quickness and had troubles holding up at a high level in protection. A move to guard or center is a possibility depending on how his arm length measures out. Williams is a plus run blocker with plug-and-play technique across the board. If he regains his 2016 form, he will be a good NFL starter. If not, he'll be an average NFL starter.-Lance Zierlein[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Good or average do not come close to matching top ten status. 33" arms = OG.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]NFL.com lists Bryan as DT. They list Greene as DE. Bryan runs like a DT. Greene ran 4.73 Taven Bryan ran 4.98 [/font]

With thoughts of making Conner Williams our starting RG, I like how he consistently grades extremely high marks in the run game. Meanwhile, with his talent to play OT I see no reason why he wouldn't be plenty gifted enough to pass protect at RG.  I know some OTs simply can't make that move inside, but Conner strikes me as one that would have little issue doing as much. 

If he is truly a medical red flag, the doctors will know and we'll really see him slide. I'm doubting that's the case here. 

'02

Here's a good profile on DJ Moore...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03...e/a2c3zie/

They also mention some negatives to be aware of...
  • struggles to separate and get open
  • small hands and short arms
  • not a jump ball receiver
  • doesn't alway win 50-50 battles
  • abandons routes early
  • bulk of production was on gimmick plays
  • not a true WR1
Maybe we should just take Calvin Ridley.
'02

(03-27-2018, 02:06 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Here's a good profile on DJ Moore...

• abandons routes early
  • not a true WR1

Calvin Ridley falling this far is incredible. Despite a possible coaching connection for Moore, Keenan needs the most talented player he can get.

Ridley would be my pick at 29.

(03-27-2018, 02:15 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 02:06 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Here's a good profile on DJ Moore...

• abandons routes early
  • not a true WR1

Calvin Ridley falling this far is incredible. Despite a possible coaching connection for Moore, Keenan needs the most talented player he can get.

WHERE IS A WR GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME????? I'm completely dumbfounded at the insistence of a WR in the 1st round with our litany of WRs who deserve PT already. A 1st rd WR would be AT BEST the #4 WR on the team, likely #5 depending on your opinion of Dede Westbrook. It hurts my head to consider spending a 1st rd pick on a guy with 0 route to playing time at a position that has significantly less importance in our offense than probably any other in the entire league.

(03-27-2018, 02:30 AM)JNev Wrote: WHERE IS A WR GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME????? I'm completely dumbfounded at the insistence of a WR in the 1st round with our litany of WRs who deserve PT already. A 1st rd WR would be AT BEST the #4 WR on the team, likely #5 depending on your opinion of Dede Westbrook. It hurts my head to consider spending a 1st rd pick on a guy with 0 route to playing time at a position that has significantly less importance in our offense than probably any other in the entire league.

Is there a possible connection with the same guy who all offseason couldn't stop with MCCARRON MCCARRON MCCARRON now not being able to stop with RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY? Hmm, I wonder...

Ridley tested real bad at the combine, but when you put on the tape he stands out. His route running is elite, watch the tape the guy is always WIDE open.

Well we got our Nelson Agholor...yay...

(03-27-2018, 02:30 AM)JNev Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 02:15 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Calvin Ridley falling this far is incredible. Despite a possible coaching connection for Moore, Keenan needs the most talented player he can get.

WHERE IS A WR GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME????? I'm completely dumbfounded at the insistence of a WR in the 1st round with our litany of WRs who deserve PT already. A 1st rd WR would be AT BEST the #4 WR on the team, likely #5 depending on your opinion of Dede Westbrook. It hurts my head to consider spending a 1st rd pick on a guy with 0 route to playing time at a position that has significantly less importance in our offense than probably any other in the entire league.

If he's good enough he'll get time. It's not like Marqise Lee isn't likely to be a total bust with his huge new contract. 
'02

(03-27-2018, 04:29 AM)Upper Wrote: Well we got our Nelson Agholor...yay...

Kenny Stills on steroids (play wise)